toldailytopic: What can be done to help prevent the epidemic of school shootings?

noguru

I would have you not blame the other person for the engagement

I don't blame either side for any engagement. I think all people have a right to argue their own side of any argument. Personally I am not aware of any fued you had going with TH. I usually find valid analysis in both of your responses. I think it is important (and better for all parties involved) for all of us to keep in mind that we ought to at least give the other side a fair hearing.

fool

Hall of Fame
Great question: because I go by the the words of Christ, not your silly rep meter.

You fail to understand the difference between what is said and how it is said.
Your reading on the charisma meter is right there with rancid bile.
Doesn't your message warrent a better messenger?

Christ's Word

I think it is important (and better for all parties involved) for all of us to keep in mind that we ought to at least give the other side a fair hearing.

Well now, that explains the pages and pages of dishonest rhetoric that TH espouses to try and falsely discredit those that are experienced, educated and disagree with him!

I do agree that all should be heard, as long as things stay honest, and are NOT the manipulations that TH tries to pull all of the time.

noguru

When you have a quote, included in your post, you pointedly narrow the context yourself unless otherwise clarified.

I was making a general statement that was launched by a specific case. You are the one who kept it narrowed so that you could further defend your rude behavior.

Thanks for using PM, it shows your motive to be something else.

Why should I use PM? Are you concerned that others might see the truth of your strategy?

You can criticize all you want, that does not mean I will agree with you. My standards are not your standards, and you can set yours as low as you like. TH just outright lied, and you defended him.

I completely expected this response from you. So basically you are just unwilling to accept any other opinion once it seems to contradict what you already strongly believe.

I would also like to respond to this newest false allegation that I bold faced. Would you like for both of us to place both of our operating standards on the table, and see exactly who has higher standard?

Christ's Word

I was making a general statement that was launched by a specific case. You are the one who kept it narrowed so that you could further defend your rude behavior.

Why should I use PM? Are you concerned that others might see the truth of your strategy?

I completely expected this response from you. So basically you are just unwilling to accept any other opinion once it seems to contradict what you already strongly believe.

I would also like to respond to this newest false allegation that I bold faced. Would you like for both of us to place both of our operating standards on the table, and see exactly who has higher standard?

I would welcome that from anyone who defends liars like TH. You start the thread, and I will pick up where you left off, as soon as I get home from work after 2cnd shift. You want it in public, you got it. If you held TH to the same standard you try to with me, you would be having this discussion with TH, your friend, not me.

noguru

Well now, that explains the pages and pages of dishonest rhetoric that TH espouses to try and falsely discredit those that are experienced, educated and disagree with him!

I do agree that all should be heard, as long as things stay honest, and are NOT the manipulations that TH tries to pull all of the time.

Seriously now, if you think any response is an attempt to dishonetly manipulate others you can always just address that response.

I think that your vague generalizations here are symptom of your greater inability to actually put yourself in the other person's shoes. I could be wrong, and I only suspect this right now. But I think that you can dispell my opinion in that regard with further effort if that is really what you want. If you are not concerned about my opinion regarding this then that is fine as well. I do think it is important that at least I was honest with you about my opinion.

Christ's Word

Seriously now, if you think any response is an attempt to dishonetly manipulate others you can always just address that response.

I think that your vague generalizations here are symptom of your greater inability to actually put yourself in the other person's shoes. I could be wrong, and I only suspect this right now. But I think that you can dispell my opinion in that regard with further effort if that is really what you want. If you are not concerned about my opinion regarding this then that is fine as well. I do think it is important that at least I was honest with you about my opinion.

There is nothing general about lying about a person's education level, when:

A. You don't know them

B. You are really just trying to discredit them in any way possible.

C. You are manipulating others that read this board to plant false doubt about someone you disagree with.

D. You have an ongoing pattern of lying, manipulating, and harassing, members that disagree with TH and his bogus opinions.

The guy has a problem, and you just won't admit it, even though he was caught red handed lying about someone and the universities they attended, just to try and mock and discredit their hard work and stated opinions. TH has a problem, and anyone here who stands up to him is mocked an ridiculed by a crowd of dishonest whiners.

I you can't admit that is true, then you are blind, dishonest, or both.

noguru

I would welcome that from anyone who defends liars like TH. You start the thread, and I will pick up where you left off, as soon as I get home from work after 2cnd shift. You want it in public, you got it. If you held TH to the same standard you try to with me, you would be having this discussion with TH, your friend, not me.

Fact is, with TH, I do not have to fight with him to get him to see my point of view. With you it seems to be like nailing jello to the wall in regard to you acknowledging your own errors and how that effects your perception of other people's point of view.

Since you are the one who made the initial claim to have a superior standard (in a broader sense than what can be witnessed on this site) than me, then I think you ought to support that claim with some evidence. If you are unwilling to do that, then by all means just ignore your newest unsupported allegations as well. By you even making that claim, you are assuming to know my own standard of "self critcism". My statements about your inability/ability were linked directly to responses you have made on this site. You seem to want to broaden this subject matter now, in order to deflect attention from my original point.

noguru

There is nothing general about lying about a person's education level, when:

A. You don't know them

But yet you know TH well enough?

We have already set out very clearly where he erred in regard to the degree programs offered at Denver Seminary. So I think now the best thing to do is to see TH's response to this.

B. You are really just trying to discredit them in any way possible.

TH's has been around long enough to know that such blatant deceit, if that is really what it was, would not have gotten by me and many others on this site.

C. You are manipulating others that read this board to plant false doubt about someone you disagree with.

I don't know about you, but I am not so easily manipulated. I don't just take a rabid stance towards someone simply because we might disagree on some issues.

D. You have an ongoing pattern of lying, manipulating, and harassing, members that disagree with TH and his bogus opinions.

Yet you are unwilling to even consider where your mistakes might be seen as lying, manipulating, and harrassing others?

The guy has a problem, and you just won't admit it,

What exactly do you see as his problem? Have you even considered that the problem might be yours?

even though he was caught red handed lying about someone and the universities they attended,

His intentions in regard to his statement about your education were obviously meant to make an overall point, but I think you are missing the overall point. I pointed this out earlier, yet you continue to ignore what I posted in favor of making him out to be intentionally deceitful. Your claims are not even likely, nor are they warranted given the scenario.

just to try and mock and discredit their hard work and stated opinions.

I think you are now adding this in order to muster support for your apparent outrage. Which in itself seems to also be misplaced.

TH has a problem, and anyone here who stands up to him is mocked an ridiculed by a crowd of dishonest whiners.

That is definitely not true. I have stood up to him, as well as many others here, and most have not been mocked and ridiculed to the degree that you trangress those same standards. But I know. Your mocking and ridicule is righteous, of course, right?

I you can't admit that is true, then you are blind, dishonest, or both.

I have tried to be as accurate as is possible in regard to you outrage and your possible misunderstanding. Yet you are completely unwilling to even consider where you are wrong. And you keep trying to make this into a "TH fan club" thing of something. It does not matter to me at all who makes inaccurate claims about other peoples motives, I will point them out when and if I see them.

Do you think it is at all possible that perhaps your view of this is inaccurate?

Perhaps the reason why most people are pointing out your responses as being "in error" is that they truly are "in error" and really has nothing to do with TH's popularity?

Perhaps his popularity and yours is the direct result of the effectiveness of each of your chosen strategies?

Could these things be possible?

noguru

oh yeah

you guys challenge him all the time!!

I challenge him when I see something worth being challenged. I usually do not need to challenge him, because he does seem to consider the other side before I even get to mentioning it.

I would really appreciate it if, in the future, you do not use "you guys" when you are addressing me. I can only speak for myself, and cannot always be certain of other peoples motives for anything they post in regard to TH. I don't know why you and he have ended up on different sides of a river that cannot be crossed. But I would appreciate if you did not assume I am taking sides on any feud you might have with him.

I usually see much value in your responses as well. The only difference being you tend to keep them much shorter and make significantly less of them. So we certainly cannot get a good sample of how I respond to you and TH both to compare and see if I challenge you more than him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I challenge him when I see something worth being challenged. I usually do not need to challenge him, because he does seem to consider the other side before I even get to mentioning it.

I would really appreciate it if, in the future, you do not use "you guys" when you are addressing me. I can only speak for myself, and cannot always be certain of other peoples motives for anything they post in regard to TH. I don't know why you and he have ended up on different sides of a river that cannot be crossed. But I would appreciate if you did not assume I am taking sides on any feud you might have with him.

I usually see much value in your responses as well. The only difference being you tend to keep them much shorter and make significantly less of them. So we certainly cannot get a good sample of how I respond to you and TH both to compare and see if I challenge you more than him.

maybe you didn't notice
but
you are not the only one defending town
so
when I say 'you guys'

I am referring to all you guys who defend town

noguru

maybe you didn't notice
but
you are not the only one defending town
so
when I say 'you guys'

I am referring to all you guys who defend town

I don't defend any one person simply because they are that specific person. I defend what I see as right and come out against what I see as wrong, regardless of who I am opposing or supporting. So it appears you feel that since you are in a feud with him, if I defend him in anyway, that I am coming out against you. That is definitely not the case, if that is how you feel.

I hope this helps you understand how your use of "you guys" might be a little presumptuous to me, given that I am not a member of any "TH fan club". Though I do think he is more thorough than most people in regard to looking at both sides of most issues.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't defend any one person simply because they are that specific person. I defend what I see as right and come out against what I see as wrong, regardless of who I am opposing or supporting. So it appears you feel that since you are in a feud with him, if I defend him in anyway, that I am coming out against you. That is definitely not the case, if that is how you feel.

I hope this helps you understand how your use of "you guys" might be a little presumptuous to me, given that I am not a member of any "TH fan club". Though I do think he is more thorough than most people in regard to looking at both sides of most issues.

okay so why can't we just let cw and town have their little argument without others getting involved?

noguru

okay so why can't we just let cw and town have their little argument without others getting involved?

Let's just say that my "reasonable expectations" and yours are quite different in this regard. Since there are many participants here on this discussion forum, I reserve the right to offer my opinion whenever I see fit. I observed CW for quite some time before I offered my opinion on where I believe she was in error. I have also been observing TH for quite a bit longer, and I have offered my opinion whenever I felt he was in error. As it turns out the frequency of TH noticeably being in error has been far less as a percentage of total posts. And usually when he is in error he gets around to correcting himself well before I have had a chance to post my response. He is also more thorough in explaining his own errors than I would normally be. Getting CW to admit even a blatant error is like trying to nail jello to the wall. This is not only in the way she treats TH, but is a common thread with most people that she addresses here.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Let's just say that my "reasonable expectations" and yours are quite different in this regard. Since there are many participants here on this discussion forum, I reserve the right to offer my opinion whenever I see fit. I observed CW for quite some time before I offered my opinion on where I believe she was in error. I have also been observing TH for quite a bit longer, and I have offered my opinion whenever I felt he was in error. As it turns out the frequency of TH noticeably being in error has been far less as a percentage of total posts. And usually when he is in error he gets around to correcting himself well before I have had a chance to post my response. He is also more thorough in explaining his own errors than I would normally be. Getting CW to admit even a blatant error is like trying to nail jello to the wall. This is not only in the way she treats TH, but is a common thread with most people that she addresses here.

so you expect cw to be as clever and smooth as town?
I don't
and
I have a lot of experience with attacks by town
so
I just put him on ignore because I am not as clever and smooth as he is
and
he does not give up until you do