toldailytopic: What should be done with the guy who murdered the people at the Colora

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 21st, 2012 12:39 PM

toldailytopic: What should be done with the guy who murdered the people at the Colorado Movie Theater?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
James Holmes should be....

- Interviewed once or twice.
- Preached to by a Pastor.
- Painfully executed.

48 hours max.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
James Holmes should be....

- Interviewed once or twice.
- Painfully executed.

48 hours max.

I agree with the first two but I don't think it is necessary to devise a way for him to be "painfully executed".

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What should be done with the guy who murdered the people at the Colorado Movie Theater?

He should be given a very public interview so that viewers can see what a monster he is. He should be given the opportunity to repent and give his life to Christ. Then he should be taken out and shot by a firing squad. All this should be done in public view. That would be a very nice deterrent to any one else thinking about shooting up people in theaters or other public places.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
He should be given a very public interview so that viewers can see what a monster he is. He should be given the opportunity to repent and give his life to Christ. Then he should be taken out and shot by a firing squad. All this should be done in public view. That would be a very nice deterrent to any one else thinking about shooting up people in theaters or other public places.

I would not advocate for it to be done in public. It would be a sign of sick society that would stand in line to be able to view it.

This Charming Manc

We need to let the law of the land take full effect and follow due process.

Which may not be what we want or feel like doing, but I think is needed in every case.

This seems to be an open and shut case, but we give these cases due process, so it ensures the cases which are not open and shut get a fair trial.

The minute we start handing out summary justice for some, we undermine fair trials for all.

oatmeal

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Technically, he has not been convicted of anything, regardless of how obvious the case is.

Capital punishment still has a place in this country.

Mental incompetency or "insanity" should never be a plea or consideration in any court case.

He is not "insane" he knew what he wanted to do and planned it out and carried it out.

He is as mentally capable as Obama is.

oatmeal

Ed Walton

The moment this goon opened fire; he was guaranteed for life:

Three meals a day
A warm / dry bed
Free weight-room
Free health-care
Free cable

Everything a liberal-subject; could ever hope for.

You cannot deter copy-cats; by rewarding their hero with all life's pleasures.

My comments about just punishment; will not be posted here.

eameece

Technically, he has not been convicted of anything, regardless of how obvious the case is.
right
Capital punishment still has a place in this country.
Unfortunately; we are still very immature compared to other countries.
Mental incompetency or "insanity" should never be a plea or consideration in any court case.

He is not "insane" he knew what he wanted to do and planned it out and carried it out.
These two sentences are inconsistent. If the latter is true, then he will be found sane. That does not invalidate the insanity defense in every case.
He is as mentally capable as Obama is.

oatmeal
Whatever one thinks of Obama, that doesn't mean this killer should not be held responsible for his actions.

LKmommy

-Interviewed once or twice
- Painfully executed.

All of the above because that is the only choices you have given. I would opt for a spin on each of the above though and call it my D.

Interviewed ONLY for the purposes of a Criminal Trial. NOW is a good time to start with a speedy trial (ie triaging the criminal matters in Court like a hospital ER does)....let him sit in "the hole" all by his lonesome with no access to the Media. Allow him to speak with a Pastor if he so chooses before he is Quickly put to death. End of Story.

Though filled with sadness for the victims and their families, I will not consume hate or rage towards this "freak" because I have no other nice words to say about the actions he committed. I do not care to know "why". Swift trial, swift punishment.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
25 lashes then the firing squad if it must be a firing squad execution.