Tortured priest gives terrorists sex advice

musterion

The clergyman was brutally tortured for nine days by al-Qaeda militants he claims were targeting Christian priests with the knowledge of the corrupt Iraqi government.

The sadistic fanatics knocked his teeth out with a hammer, broke his back and threatened to cut his head off and send it to his family.

But the peaceful priest revealed how his torturers were also wracked with insecurities and secretly turned to him as a spiritual leader when their superiors were not looking.

He told Express.co.uk: “During the day I was a spiritual father to them. They used to ask me questions, private questions. One of them asked me about what can I do with my wife she’s always picky, I told him you have to show her love.

“It was bizarre – I said to him I’m giving you advice on your love life but here I am in chains.”
Yet for all that, he did not share the Gospel of the grace of God with them. Anyone want to guess why not?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...dis-Christian-priest-sex-torture-Iraq-Baghdad

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yet for all that, he did not share the Gospel of the grace of God with them. Anyone want to guess why not?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...dis-Christian-priest-sex-torture-Iraq-Baghdad

It's so easy for you to talk big and sanctimonious when you're not getting your nose broken, your back broken, your teeth knocked out, and threatened with beheading. That priest who was prepared to be a martyr has more Christian charity in one drop of his blood than you have in your entire self-righteous body. You have no idea what he shared, yet you sit in comfort and safety and look down your nose at him. You make me sick.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's so easy for you to talk big and sanctimonious when you're not getting your nose broken, your back broken, your teeth knocked out, and threatened with beheading. That priest who was prepared to be a martyr has more Christian charity in one drop of his blood than you have in your entire self-righteous body. You have no idea what he shared, yet you sit in comfort and safety and look down your nose at him. You make me sick.

These people whine and bleat about their own imagined "persecution" in this country, then mock their brethren actually going through it. Beyond repulsive.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Anyone who sees "the enemy" as human and worthy of God's love is unwittingly carrying out the Kingdom of God on earth.

Jesus is the norm of my Bible and he is the standard for godly human behavior.

This man is spreading the gospel, whether you or he would admit it or not.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Question: How exactly was he a "spiritual father" to them if he never shared the gospel of salvation?
What is salvation to you?

Salvation, as Jesus demonstrated, is all about transformation in this life.

He granted salvation to many long before he was killed on a cross.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

mgtk4.jpg

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Take some Tums and lie down for awhile.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
OK.

Matthew 16 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.​
"Why do you call ME good? Only God is good!"

Jesus did not consider himself divine or "the Light of the World." After his death he was given his exalted titles by his followers.

Jesus referred to himself as a prophet--obliquely, not directly--and called himself "Son of Man." That term is translated as "Son of Adam" or simply "human being."

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Having my sins covered by Christ and in restored relationship to God. What is it to you?
I can agree with your personal interpretation.

Where I might disagree is that God requires the spilling of blood to ensure our salvation.

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many long before he turned his face toward Jerusalem for the final time.

Salvation is all about transformation in this life.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I can agree with your personal interpretation.

Where I might disagree is that God requires the spilling of blood to ensure our salvation.

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many long before he turned his face toward Jerusalem for the final time.

Salvation is all about transformation in this life.

Your "disagreement" denies the mode of salvation and goes against scripture.

Hebrews 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

2 Peter 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

Acts 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

1 Corinthians 6:20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Your "disagreement" denies the mode of salvation and goes against scripture.
My disagreement denies your interpretation of the "mode of salvation" and goes against your opinion of scripture.

Some traditions of the Bible maintain a blood sacrifice for sin is needed. Other traditions--particularly the oldest one--speaks to a God of mercy who demands repentance and a contrite heart.

This is Jesus's tradition--in my view. This is the tradition I believe in and that makes the most sense to me.

Hebrews 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

2 Peter 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

Acts 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

1 Corinthians 6:20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

The Bible must be interpreted by humans.

I look for patterns of traditions and hold to a belief in a Jesus who talked of a God that desires "mercy, not sacrifice." A God who sets the world right by acknowledging a command to work out our conflicts with others by beginning to forgive our sins/debts/trespasses by first forgiving ourselves and then forgiving others.

You and I have a different interpretation. I understand your interpretation completely, I think. You are certainly not the only one who holds this idea of obedience to God.