ECT Totton Linnet has a lot of opinions.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are more wicked than you think you are.

Isaiah says God is going to MAKE you bow your knee to Him and MAKE you confess Him that He is Lord, you want to mess?

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, (kurious, not Yahweh) to the glory of God the Father.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord (Kurious, not Yahweh ) and Christ.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord (Kurious not Yahweh) and my God.

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Adding to Gods word with your opinion is your sin.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Trinitarians translated the passages wrong as in many other places.

Try reading Koine greek and you will see what they have done.

Jesus Christ is not the creator.

Jesus is Gods son who is the firstborn of the new creation.

Jesus Christ inherits all things from His Father.

God is greater than Jesus Christ--

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

Who is the King and Savior of Israel, according to the Holy Bible?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, (kurious, not Yahweh) to the glory of God the Father.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord (Kurious, not Yahweh ) and Christ.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord (Kurious not Yahweh) and my God.

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Adding to Gods word with your opinion is your sin.

LA

Your stupidity seems endless....Kurios is the greek equivalent of the Jewish Adonai. Israel only ever had one Lord. The title Adonai or Lord is inserted in the place of Jahweh in the OT.

Jesus is the Lord speaking in the OT, it was He who led the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.

That is undisputable bible truth.

glorydaz

Your stupidity seems endless....Kurios is the greek equivalent of the Jewish Adonai. Israel only ever had one Lord. The title Adonai or Lord is inserted in the place of Jahweh in the OT.

Jesus is the Lord speaking in the OT, it was He who led the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.

Yep. I don't know how much clearer it can be. One God...One Lord...One Saviour....One Lord God. The Lord our God is one Lord.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Corinthians 8:5-7
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Isaiah 43:3
For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

oatmeal

Then you should know that Abraham was lord, kurios.

This will be important to you, if you believe the testimony of the scriptures.

I Peter 3:6

Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

So now you have a scripture, that according to your threeology and thinking and intellect and logic, proves that Abraham is God.

So you no longer have a threeology, but a quadology or fourology,if you prefer.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Then you should know that Abraham was lord, kurios.

This will be important to you, if you believe the testimony of the scriptures.

I Peter 3:6

Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

So now you have a scripture, that according to your threeology and thinking and intellect and logic, proves that Abraham is God.

So you no longer have a threeology, but a quadology or fourology,if you prefer.

Utter stupidity.

I do not make Abraham as God YOU make Jesus Christ as being a man like Abraham...actually a man like yourself...yes that is what you believe.

You believe Christ came to teach you how to be like Him...all you need is to learn.

oatmeal

Yep. I don't know how much clearer it can be. One God...One Lord...One Saviour....One Lord God. The Lord our God is one Lord.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Corinthians 8:5-7
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Isaiah 43:3
For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Yes, you are right, how much clearer can it be?

The Lord our God is

a. three in one

b. a trinity

c. actually three but whose counting

d. one Lord

And of course, Nehemiah 9:27 is not relevant.

Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Note that God gave them saviours, plural, not just one in the future, but more than one over time.

God is the only source of salvation, but remember God has some management skills, He knows how to delegate responsibility to humans, hence the law given to Moses for Israel to believe and receive, Paul whose received the responsibility for the words of grace in his epistles which we are responsible to carry out.

If God is doing all the saving, then what does He need us for?

Why did Peter and Paul and Philip and many other through time preach and teach salvation and how to receive it?

Why couldn't God do it, if you are correct, God is the only saviour?

Why would we believe that II Corinthians 2:18-20 has anything to do with us?

I have been given the ministry of reconciliation, as have all those who have done Romans 10:9-10 ( who taught them that?)

I have had the word of reconciliation committed to me, as have all those who have done Romans 10:9-10.

2 Timothy 4:5

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Why should Timothy or anyone else to the work of an evangelist if God does all the saving?

Isaiah 43:11 is true, for until Jesus Christ was conceived and born and lived and died and was raised from dead and seated on the right hand of God, there was no savior beside him.

God needed someone to pay the price for our salvation, so God had a son, who chose to do his Father's will.

One perfect man sinned, it took another perfect man to correct that error.

Romans 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

by whom did this gift by grace come?

a. God

b. a third of a trinity

c. God the son

d. one man, Jesus Christ

What saith the scripture?

The gift of grace was by one man, Jesus Christ

What an example of a man believing God!

What is holding us back from doing God's will?

Look at the potential one man has!

Whatever is holding us back we need to get rid and start focusing on doing the will of God out of a pure heart.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I can sum up what you say, of Christ

"Look at the potential that one man has all we need to do is get rid of what is holding us back and we will be as good as Jesus, He is just the same as us."

You think you are as good as Christ.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

"Look at the potential that one man has all we need to do is get rid of what is holding us back and we will be as good as Jesus, He is just the same as us."

You are welcome to these opinions they will only bring you grief.

oatmeal

Utter stupidity.

I do not make Abraham as God YOU make Jesus Christ as being a man like Abraham...actually a man like yourself...yes that is what you believe.

You believe Christ came to teach you how to be like Him...all you need is to learn.

So you cannot handle I Peter's clear declaration that Abraham is kurios?

Are you blaming scripture for you lack of knowledge of scripture? Hosea 4:6

You like the few verses that seem to support your favorite theology, but the rest do not matter?

Well, when you do accept scripture to be what it says it is, God breathed, II Timothy 3:16, then you will start to realize your potential as a human being, a son of God. I John 3:1-2, Romans 8:14

glorydaz

Yes, you are right, how much clearer can it be?

The Lord our God is

a. three in one

b. a trinity

c. actually three but whose counting

d. one Lord

And of course, Nehemiah 9:27 is not relevant.

Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Note that God gave them saviours, plural, not just one in the future, but more than one over time.

God is the only source of salvation, but remember God has some management skills, He knows how to delegate responsibility to humans, hence the law given to Moses for Israel to believe and receive, Paul whose received the responsibility for the words of grace in his epistles which we are responsible to carry out.

If God is doing all the saving, then what does He need us for?

Why did Peter and Paul and Philip and many other through time preach and teach salvation and how to receive it?

Why couldn't God do it, if you are correct, God is the only saviour?

Why would we believe that II Corinthians 2:18-20 has anything to do with us?

I have been given the ministry of reconciliation, as have all those who have done Romans 10:9-10 ( who taught them that?)

I have had the word of reconciliation committed to me, as have all those who have done Romans 10:9-10.

2 Timothy 4:5

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Why should Timothy or anyone else to the work of an evangelist if God does all the saving?

Isaiah 43:11 is true, for until Jesus Christ was conceived and born and lived and died and was raised from dead and seated on the right hand of God, there was no savior beside him.

God needed someone to pay the price for our salvation, so God had a son, who chose to do his Father's will.

One perfect man sinned, it took another perfect man to correct that error.

Romans 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

by whom did this gift by grace come?

a. God

b. a third of a trinity

c. God the son

d. one man, Jesus Christ

What saith the scripture?

The gift of grace was by one man, Jesus Christ

What an example of a man believing God!

What is holding us back from doing God's will?

Look at the potential one man has!

Whatever is holding us back we need to get rid and start focusing on doing the will of God out of a pure heart.

You sure have to do a lot of fancy talking to ignore the verses I gave you.

Like all those who deny their Creator became flesh and dwelt among us, you insist He needed our help. :nono:

glorydaz

Indeed. That's the problem with all those who deny Jesus as Lord and God...the only Saviour. Very sad.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It is not only disputable but is very wrong.

Adonai and Adoni (Psalm 110:1)
The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God
This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.
If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.
Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).
Why is the Messiah called adoni (my lord) and never adonai (my Lord God)?
“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”
Adonai is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.
Adoni — ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]
Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).
“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).
“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).
“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).
“The lengthening of the ā on Adonai [the Lord God] may be traced to the concern of the Masoretes to mark the word as sacred by a small external sign” (Theological Dictionary of the OT, “Adon,” p. 63 and Theological Dictionary of the NT, III, 1060ff. n.109).
“The form ‘to my lord,’ l’adoni, is never used in the OT as a divine reference…the generally accepted fact that the masoretic pointing distinguishes divine references (adonai) from human references (adoni)” (Wigram, The Englishman’s Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the OT, p. 22) (Herbert Bateman, “Psalm 110:1 and the NT,” Bibliothecra Sacra, Oct.-Dec., 1992, p. 438).

oatmeal

You sure have to do a lot of fancy talking to ignore the verses I gave you.

Like all those who deny their Creator became flesh and dwelt among us, you insist He needed our help. :nono:

If showing you scripture that you have not been taught or has been glossed over or ignored is "fancy talking" then you should be thankful that someone cared enough and took the time to do some fancy talking to you.

I am thankful for all those that pointed out scripture to me, even if they thought it disproved verses that I already believe.

It gave me reason to review and refresh my learning on those topics.

Which of the verses that I helped you with do you reject?

Which ones do you keep?

Last edited:

oatmeal

You never read Colossians 1:27

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"

It is Christ in you! How much potential does having Christ in you enable you with?

Is it any wonder that God kept the secret of the mystery hid since the beginning?

Romans 16:25-26

Ephesians 3:3-5

I Corinthians 2:6-8

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Have you not read John 14:12?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus Christ himself said you can do, no wait, it does not say can do, it says shall do the same works as he did and greater works shall you do!

Who was he referring to? To those who believe on him. Do you believe on him?

why are who believe on him not doing the same works and greater works?

Maybe they are only believing on him just enough to get saved and nothing more.

When are we going to rise up and really believe on him?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know what I do...and I know what you do, and I know what you say you can do but do not do.

This is just what led me to look more closely at The Way International...it is what you post too...all in words only...no unction, no power, no life, no Holy Ghost.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If showing your scripture that you have not been taught or has been glossed over or ignored is "fancy talking" then you should be thankful that someone cared enough and too the time to do some fancy talking to you.

I am thankful for all those that pointed out scripture to me, even if they thought it disproved verses that I already believe.

It gave me reason to review and refresh my learning on those topics.

Which of the verses that I helped you with do you reject?

Which ones do you keep?

That is a lie.

"I am thankful for all those who pointed out scripture to me, even if they thought it disproved verses I already believed."

That is a lie. We have you on record as saying that as a young Catholic you decided for yourself that Christ was not God....

From the point of deciding that Christ was not God you set out to find scholars and linguists and commentators to back up your new found unbelief. And you found them, it is their doctrines which you promulgate on TOL...on the ECT board