Trucking!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Huh... I just picked up a bus in CT recently and I didn't get hit with a tax as far as I could detect. I wonder how it gets paid.

The effects won't be immediate, but you can expect to see higher prices later on.

To give you a rough idea:

You see it, a truck brought it.

Higher truck taxes mean that carriers will charge more to their customers to haul their products, to cover the increased tax on their vehicles.

Those companies, in turn, will raise the prices of their products, to cover the higher costs of shipping.

This includes groceries, medical equipment, building supplies, tools, electronics, etc, etc, etc.

As TomO said:

:ROFLMAO: As if the people of Connecticut won't be the ones who actually end up paying for it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's essentially triple-dipping at this point.

They tax our income (which is just, but anything beyond that much is wrong, unjust), then they tax our purchases (which is just another tax on income), and now they're taxing the trucks harder, which is an indirect tax on the products we purchase.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's why lower taxes are ALWAYS a better option.

In a just world: Low taxes equals less burden on the people, equals the more money they make overall, equals the higher the amount they (justly) remit to the government, equals the government not needing to tax as much, and rinse and repeat.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Get Out And Look is for sissy-girls.

The full clip can be found here (clip #2, link to original video is in the description):

Also, recommend this channel, they do more than just truck videos. There are tons of idiots on the roads these days.

Gary K

Banned
Ooh, Ron Pratt!

Also, there are women in trucking. I see them every once in a while...

I think I hear more about the "women in trucking" movement more than I see women in trucks though...
Yeah. Ron Pratt. I've watched a lot of his videos. He has some pretty serious skills.

Gary K

Banned
Well, as this thread is partially about wreckers and recoveries I thought I'd post one of my favorite large vehicle recovery videoes. It took 4 or 5 wreckers to do the job, including a rotovator like Pratt's.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Well, as this thread is partially about wreckers and recoveries I thought I'd post one of my favorite large vehicle recovery videoes. It took 4 or 5 wreckers to do the job, including a rotovator like Pratt's.

I saw that one. Pretty amazing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not the USA, but UK...

marke

It's essentially triple-dipping at this point.

They tax our income (which is just, but anything beyond that much is wrong, unjust), then they tax our purchases (which is just another tax on income), and now they're taxing the trucks harder, which is an indirect tax on the products we purchase.
Democrat Marxists are all about hiding their own wealth in foundations, trusts, and overseas accounts while imposing the most draconian taxes on working Americans in order to pay for the burgeoning welfare programs designed to pay the costs of living for non-working bums and illegals.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you watch the rearview mirror you can see the Toyota hit the back of the carhauler's trailer.