Trump's Latest Plan to Combat Terrorism

shagster01

Who said that the author of the article claimed favortism?

No need to bother, President Obama, says he is a Christian all the time; however, he declares “The sweetest sound I, Obama, know is the Muslim call to prayer”.

Interesting, being that President Obama declares all the time he is a Christian, that the sweetest sound he knows comes from the religion of Islam. :confused:

Eh. I'm not Buddhist, but I love listening to monks sing Om. I'M not Rastafarian but Bob Marley is one of my favorite artists. Whatever.

rexlunae

nah - let 'em keep using the internet, let 'em think they're safe there

That was a good theory, until it turned out maybe they are. The NSA almost certainly has a lot of tricks up its sleeve for busting crypto that we don't know about (yet), but even they have limits, and I doubt they can deal with all of it.

rexlunae

Trump's latest plan to stop terrorism is to have Bill Gates shut down the Internet.
-----------

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has an idea for stopping ISIS from communicating online. He wants to close the Internet.

"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet," Trump said Monday at a campaign rally in South Carolina.

"We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way."
Trump continued, "Somebody will say, 'Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."
=======

Stupid First Amendment!

Well, it's dumb, but I'd be willing to bet there's a plan in place to do a fair bit of this if the need arises. Doing it preemptively would be nuts, and economically suicidal, as well as ineffective, but there certainly are points in any given area where you could effectively take down the majority of it for a time. It would certainly be an extreme measure, but I wouldn't completely rule it out in the case of a major multi-location attack.

lifeisgood

Eh. I'm not Buddhist, but I love listening to monks sing Om. I'M not Rastafarian but Bob Marley is one of my favorite artists. Whatever.

Not the same at all. You have just declared you're NOT Buddhist nor Rastafarian.

However, IF you declare 'I, shagster01 am Buddhist; however, the sweetest sound I, shagster01, have EVER heard is the sound of another religion proceedings totally and completely opposite Buddhism.' Would other Buddhists agree with you that you are a true Buddhist as the sweetest sound you have ever heard comes NOT from Buddhism? :think:

However, IF you declare 'I, shagster01 am Rastafarian; however, the sweetest sound I, shagster01, have EVER heard is the sound of another religion proceedings totally and completely opposite Rastafarianism.' Would other Rastafarians agree with you that you are a true Rastafarian as the sweetest sound you have ever heard comes NOT from Rastafarianism? :think:

shagster01

Not the same at all. You have just declared you're NOT Buddhist nor Rastafarian.

However, IF you declare 'I, shagster01 am Buddhist; however, the sweetest sound I, shagster01, have EVER heard is the sound of another religion proceedings totally and completely opposite Buddhism.' Would other Buddhists agree with you that you are a true Buddhist as the sweetest sound you have ever heard comes NOT from Buddhism? :think:

However, IF you declare 'I, shagster01 am Rastafarian; however, the sweetest sound I, shagster01, have EVER heard is the sound of another religion proceedings totally and completely opposite Rastafarianism.' Would other Rastafarians agree with you that you are a true Rastafarian as the sweetest sound you have ever heard comes NOT from Rastafarianism? :think:

So you choose your religion based on the sweetness of its sounds? No other religion's tradition can have a more pleasing sound to your ear?

That is oddly restrictive.

As a Taoist/atheist, Rastafarianism is quite opposite from my beliefs, actually. Does liking religious sounds not make me a real atheist?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you choose your religion based on the sweetness of its sounds? No other religion's tradition can have a more pleasing sound to your ear?

As a Taoist/atheist, Rastafarianism is quite opposite from my beliefs, actually. Does liking religious sounds not make me a real atheist?

Shmoke a fatty, shag ! :devil:

lifeisgood

From the abundance of one's heart beliefs, the mouth speaks.

No, it is the why the sweetest sound you ever hear would be a Rastafarianism sound, for example, instead of Taoism/atheistism having the sweetest sound for you as a Taoist/atheist.

sweetest = pleasant, agreeable; therefore comforting to the person making the assertion.

Conclusion, my belief is not what I'm saying as my heart is in that other sound over there. It is called double-minded in my Bible.

brewmama

Trump needs a plan to combat his own stupidity, and then apply it to the entire republican party.

And yet even some Muslims agree with him.

"A Texas imam who has challenged American Muslims to support their home nation said he agrees with Donald Trump’s call for a temporary ban on new Muslims entering the United States.

Imam Nidal Alsayyed of Beaumont, Texas, said the government should go even further than Trump’s proposal and establish a ban on accepting Syrian refugees of any religion. He said that actions are necessary “when it comes to peace and safety.”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/th...tm_content=2015-12-09&utm_campaign=manualpost

lifeisgood

And yet even some Muslims agree with him.

"A Texas imam who has challenged American Muslims to support their home nation said he agrees with Donald Trump’s call for a temporary ban on new Muslims entering the United States.

Imam Nidal Alsayyed of Beaumont, Texas, said the government should go even further than Trump’s proposal and establish a ban on accepting Syrian refugees of any religion. He said that actions are necessary “when it comes to peace and safety.”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/th...tm_content=2015-12-09&utm_campaign=manualpost

And they want to eat him alive, I'm sure.

What is needed is thousands (not just one here and there) of so-called 'moderate' Muslims on the streets proclaiming that murdering people of other persuasion is wrong...period.

Interesting conversation here on the different types of Islam:
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik...li5_difference_between_sunni_shia_sufi_ibadi/