Turning The Bible Into An Idol

RealityJerk

Christians and Jews have turned their book/s into an idol. It's convenient to encapsulate God's will and work, His truth in a book. If it's embodied in a book that is "infallible", then we can pretend to interpret that infallible, inerrant book, "correctly" (infallibly), forcing God within the confines of our agenda, our program. God and whatever is left of our relationship with him becomes safe and controllable. Moreover, it doesn't take much faith, when you have everything, all of the answers, to every question you'll ever have about life, neatly packaged in a book. These people seek "Absolute Certainty", the "Word Of God", a sack full of answers, that they can hang over their shoulders, providing them with the false assurance that they have it all figured out. They got God figured out. They don't really need faith, or to pursue God in the Holy Spirit, because they have a book they can read and interpret for themselves.

Unfortunately many of these "believers" have never had a personal encounter with the Living God. They don't know what it is to be Born Again and filled with the Spirit of Jesus Christ (The True Word Of God). It takes courage to be a disciple of Messiah, a member of His royal family, but unfortunately there's a considerable number of people who aren't content with faith, with pursuing God in the Spirit, in the same way the ancient patriarchs did. They claim their approved collection of writings is the "Infallible Word Of God" and then create a whole new religion based upon their skewed understanding of what and who God's Word really is (It's actually a person, not a book. Jesus is real, whether the book admits it or not. If every book in the world was burned to ashes, Christ would still be King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The Savior and Author of Life).

Those who are born again, born from above, in the Spirit of the Living God, know that the true Word of God, The Way, The Truth and The Life, is not a piece of literature but the ever living one, who quickens the soul of men and women, through a divinely ordained and initiated process. A miracle that occurs when the gospel of Christ is preached and people hear it. Convicted of their sins, their eyes open and they see themselves and the world for what it truly is. Death and destruction. God can also use a book to bring people to salvation, among other tools, but to claim that a book is the infallible word of God amounts to a very skewed understanding of what or perhaps I should say, WHO God's Word is.

Holy writings that exalt the truth and guide men and women to Christ, are profitable for instruction and illustrating the gospel. But it does not replace a genuine relationship with the Living God. If you are dead in your sins, if you have never had that personal encounter with Jesus Christ, becoming a new creation in Him, the bible can kill you. It can increase your arrogance and delusion, until you are exposed as a vessel, reserved for God's wrath. The bible is profitable and a blessing to the children of God, it is often a cruel judge and court jester to the wicked.

Bee1

Christians and Jews have turned their book/s into an idol. It's convenient to encapsulate God's will and work, His truth in a book. If it's embodied in a book that is "infallible", then we can pretend to interpret that infallible, inerrant book, "correctly" (infallibly), forcing God within the confines of our agenda, our program. God and whatever is left of our relationship with him becomes safe and controllable. Moreover, it doesn't take much faith, when you have everything, all of the answers, to every question you'll ever have about life, neatly packaged in a book. These people seek "Absolute Certainty", the "Word Of God", a sack full of answers, that they can hang over their shoulders, providing them with the false assurance that they have it all figured out. They got God figured out. They don't really need faith, or to pursue God in the Holy Spirit, because they have a book they can read and interpret for themselves.

Unfortunately many of these "believers" have never had a personal encounter with the Living God. They don't know what it is to be Born Again and filled with the Spirit of Jesus Christ (The True Word Of God). It takes courage to be a disciple of Messiah, a member of His royal family, but unfortunately there's a considerable number of people who aren't content with faith, with pursuing God in the Spirit, in the same way the ancient patriarchs did. They claim their approved collection of writings is the "Infallible Word Of God" and then create a whole new religion based upon their skewed understanding of what and who God's Word really is (It's actually a person, not a book. Jesus is real, whether the book admits it or not. If every book in the world was burned to ashes, Christ would still be King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The Savior and Author of Life).

Those who are born again, born from above, in the Spirit of the Living God, know that the true Word of God, The Way, The Truth and The Life, is not a piece of literature but the ever living one, who quickens the soul of men and women, through a divinely ordained and initiated process. A miracle that occurs when the gospel of Christ is preached and people hear it. Convicted of their sins, their eyes open and they see themselves and the world for what it truly is. Death and destruction. God can also use a book to bring people to salvation, among other tools, but to claim that a book is the infallible word of God amounts to a very skewed understanding of what or perhaps I should say, WHO God's Word is.

Holy writings that exalt the truth and guide men and women to Christ, are profitable for instruction and illustrating the gospel. But it does not replace a genuine relationship with the Living God. If you are dead in your sins, if you have never had that personal encounter with Jesus Christ, becoming a new creation in Him, the bible can kill you. It can increase your arrogance and delusion, until you are exposed as a vessel, reserved for God's wrath. The bible is profitable and a blessing to the children of God, it is often a cruel judge and court jester to the wicked.
I can not tell if you are for or against but the Bible in its present form was written by men for men. There is nothing divine about it. Everyone had an agenda. Major people and events cannot be substantiated historically or archeologically. Names have been changed (God's) because early Hebrew scholars said it was a sin to utter his name. Saturday is the Sabbath so why do Gentiles go on Sunday. There is no Trinity, Jesus could not have been crucified on Friday evening and rose Sunday morning if he stayed dead for 3 days and nites, therefore, Good Friday and Easter Sunday is wrong. Jews say Christians and Muslims will not see heaven, Buddha says only the enlighten shall move forward, Catholic's baptism, they all believe in one supreme being and a better place after this life so who is right and who is wrong? Everybody got it wrong but you. And when I say you not as a individual but for all those that think like you?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

RealityJerk

I can not tell if you are for or against but the Bible in its present form was written by men for men. There is nothing divine about it. Everyone had an agenda. Major people and events cannot be substantiated historically or archeologically. Names have been changed (God's) because early Hebrew scholars said it was a sin to utter his name. Saturday is the Sabbath so why do Gentiles go on Sunday. There is no Trinity, Jesus could not have been crucified on Friday evening and rose Sunday morning if he stayed dead for 3 days and nites, therefore, Good Friday and Easter Sunday is wrong. Jews say Christians and Muslims will not see heaven, Buddha says only the enlighten shall move forward, Catholic's baptism, they all believe in one supreme being and a better place after this life so who is right and who is wrong? Everybody got it wrong but you. And when I say you not as a individual but for all those that think like you?

The bible is profitable and a blessing to the children of God, it is often a cruel judge and court jester to the wicked.

john w

Hall of Fame

Translation: Subjectivity.

john w

Hall of Fame
Christians and Jews have turned their book/s into an idol.
The old "bible worship...turned their book/s into an idol." satanic ploy.

Listen up, sport....You would have no objective knowledge, NADA, about the true LORD God of the bible, and His Christ, w/o the book, by which He is revealed. None, you engager in sophistry. (And he is clueless as to the meaning of "idolatry. That would be worshiping the rock, papyrus, pages, upon which the words were engraved) You'd call that "bible worship, "idolatry," which is a code name for a "subtil"(Genesis 3 KJV) "doctrine" of hating the word of God, replacing it with your subjectivism, and pseudo-"intellectualism"/"scholarship," to lord over others, your addiction, and asserting, "I don't study the book's own testimony about itself, so, being the biblical buffoon that I am, I will just throw up another cliche, that I read in a book, on another bible rejecting agnostic/mystic sight, and I will be just fine.....Professor Judas tells me so."

No, charlatan, mystic, subjectivist, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the esteem,the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah KJV 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48 KJV

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1 KJV

Members of the boc esteem, praise, magnify, and glorify what the LORD God esteems, praises, magnifies, and glorifies, and at which he demands that we trembleth at, and which He magnifies, above over His name-His word. In contrast, you deceivers, cliche that as "bible worship, idolatry.."

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
If it's embodied in a book that is "infallible", then we can pretend to interpret that infallible, inerrant book, "correctly" (infallibly), forcing God within the confines of our agenda, our program.

The moron confuses objective revelation, given by objective words, with interpretation/illumination/understanding.

john w

Hall of Fame
Moreover, it doesn't take much faith, when you have everything, all of the answers, to every question you'll ever have about life, neatly packaged in a book. These people seek "Absolute Certainty", the "Word Of God", a sack full of answers, that they can hang over their shoulders, providing them with the false assurance that they have it all figured out. They got God figured out. They don't really need faith, or to pursue God in the Holy Spirit, because they have a book they can read and interpret for themselves.

Someone to you: My faith, the Holy Spirit, tells me God is a woman, has 56 sons, and lives on the moon. My faith/The Holy Spirit tells me that.

Agreed? If not, tell me why this person'e "faith" is wrong, this person's Holy Spirit is wrong, and yours/others' faith/Holy Spirit is correct, and that God is not a woman.........................

john w

Hall of Fame

Unfortunately many of these "believers" have never had a personal encounter with the Living God. They don't know what it is to be Born Again and filled with the Spirit of Jesus Christ (The True Word Of God). It takes courage to be a disciple of Messiah, a member of His royal family, but unfortunately there's a considerable number of people who aren't content with faith, with pursuing God in the Spirit, in the same way the ancient patriarchs did. They claim their approved collection of writings is the "Infallible Word Of God" and then create a whole new religion based upon their skewed understanding of what and who God's Word really is
(It's actually a person, not a book. Jesus is real, whether the book admits it or not.

Translation: Your "understanding of what and who God's Word really is" reveals the truth, eh, sport? Says who?

You'd have no objective knowledge of this "real" Jesus" is, w/o the book, by which the LORD God chose to reveal Himself. NADA.

john w

Hall of Fame
False dichotomy. Again, the moron confuses objective revelation, given by objective words, with illumination/understanding/interpretation, replacing the former, with that latter.

It's called subjectivity, mysticism.

Tell all of TOL, how you/we/anyone would know of this gospel you reference, w/o the book, by which it is revealed. Go ahead. Let me guess:Your expounding what it is, your "instruction and illustrating" the gospel is the objective truth of what this gospel is, right, Rummy?

Who says? You are infallible, have a "corner" on objective truth, through your Holy Spirit? Says who?

But it does not replace a genuine relationship with the Living God.

Translation: Subjectivity, as you could assert having a "genuine relationship with the Living God," but this living God could be a made up living God, i.e., you may say that He is a female, has 12 wives, and his real name is "God the Mother." Says who? Let me guess: The Holy Spirit, your "faith," tells you so.

Charlatan... engager in sophistry...mystic...Buddhist...subjectivist...

RealityJerk

The gospel message proves its self true by producing the new birth and a genuine encounter with the living God. Only those who are actually born again, understand that their relationship with God does not rely on a book or collection of writings. If that's all you have, then you need to be born again and filled with God's spirit. Your feelings about the bible being the infallible, inerrant word of God, are subjective. A subjective sentiment, not based on reason or God's spirit, but your own desire to keep God within your own little, self-defined safe zone. You have God all figured out, thanks to this book, and He can only function within the boundaries you've arbitrarily determined for Him, within your book (idol). You have your infallible, inerrant holy book and your infallible interpretation of that book to beat people over the head with and pretend you have some type of authority over them.

Only those who actually have a relationship with God, who are really born again, can sense what is and isn't true in the bible. Their experience and relationship with God, informs and guides their judgement in respect to what is and isn't genuine currency. They are wise money changers, they can identify the counterfeit from the genuine currency, the wheat from the chaff. The only writings ever delivered to humanity, straight from heaven, were the ten commandments. The stories of the patriarchs and prophets were passed through an oral tradition, and later written down by unknown authors. This does't affect the true believer, the born again child of God, is not moved by the fact the bible isn't infallible, because whatever is true and important in the bible, has already been confirmed to them through their experience and relationship with God.

The reason you get so upset by the notion of a fallible bible, is because that's all you have. A book. Faith is too scary and uncertain, so you emphasize absolute certainty/objectivity over the subjective, under the false assumption that what is subjective is less valuable and real than what is perceived with the five carnal senses. All you have is a religion, doctrines, verses to cite and hit people over the head with, but as far as being born again, quickened by the Holy Spirit and entering into a relationship with God. You know nothing of that, because it's "subjective". What is seen and objective however, derives from what is unseen and subjective.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
That is what we are suppose to do. And I can tell you it works.

[Jhn 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Bee1

The gospel message proves its self true by producing the new birth and a genuine encounter with the living God. Only those who are actually born again, understand that their relationship with God does not rely on a book or collection of writings. If that's all you have, then you need to be born again and filled with God's spirit. Your feelings about the bible being the infallible, inerrant word of God, are subjective. A subjective sentiment, not based on reason or God's spirit, but your own desire to keep God within your own little, self-defined safe zone. You have God all figured out, thanks to this book, and He can only function within the boundaries you've arbitrarily determined for Him, within your book (idol). You have your infallible, inerrant holy book and your infallible interpretation of that book to beat people over the head with and pretend you have some type of authority over them.

Only those who actually have a relationship with God, who are really born again, can sense what is and isn't true in the bible. Their experience and relationship with God, informs and guides their judgement in respect to what is and isn't genuine currency. They are wise money changers, they can identify the counterfeit from the genuine currency, the wheat from the chaff. The only writings ever delivered to humanity, straight from heaven, were the ten commandments. The stories of the patriarchs and prophets were passed through an oral tradition, and later written down by unknown authors. This does't affect the true believer, the born again child of God, is not moved by the fact the bible isn't infallible, because whatever is true and important in the bible, has already been confirmed to them through their experience and relationship with God.

The reason you get so upset by the notion of a fallible bible, is because that's all you have. A book. Faith is too scary and uncertain, so you emphasize absolute certainty/objectivity over the subjective, under the false assumption that what is subjective is less valuable and real than what is perceived with the five carnal senses. All you have is a religion, doctrines, verses to cite and hit people over the head with, but as far as being born again, quickened by the Holy Spirit and entering into a relationship with God. You know nothing of that, because it's "subjective". What is seen and objective however, derives from what is unseen and subjective.
He talks pretty.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Do you just make this stuff up as you go?
No one can be born again without the written Word of the new testament. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
BORN AGAIN TO THE WORD

2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
John 3:3-7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
[1Pe 1:23
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
Rom 12:2-3
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Rom 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
Rom 15:8
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers,
Phil 3:3
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
Col 2:9-15
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Luke 5:39
39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"
Rom 6:13
13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
(NKJ)

xxx Born again to the Word of God is your carnal mind has no more power over you. You get carnal thoughts and you get verses. Now the verses have more power in you than your other thoughts.
Born of water is our water baptism symbolic of what the Spirit is going to do to us on the inside. Wash away all our sins. Born of the Spirit is being trained by the Holy Spirit. You have died to your carnality and emotions. And have been born to the Holy Spirit-verses. when the verses have more authority in you than any emotion or other thoughts. You are born again to the Word of God.

john w

Hall of Fame

Tell all of TOL, how you/we/anyone would know of this gospel you reference, w/o the book, by which it is revealed. Go ahead. Let me guess:Your expounding what it is, your "instruction and illustrating" the gospel is the objective truth of what this gospel is, right, Rummy?

Who says? You are infallible, have a "corner" on objective truth, through your Holy Spirit? Says who?

Only those who actually have a relationship with God, who are really born again, can sense what is and isn't true in the bible.

Quite irrelevant. Translation: You, who obviously has "a relationship with God, who is really born again, can sense what is and isn't true in the bible."

Is that it, sport? Says who? I say I have relationship with God, am really born again,and can sense what is and isn't true in the bible. The bible says God is a woman. That is what my faith, and the Holy Spirit tells me(your argument).

Prove that that is not "true."

And tell everyone, on this if, in fact, the bible is objectively true, or mnot, or you are the decider of objective truth, through your "faith," and the Holy Spirit.

Go ahead.

john w

Hall of Fame
The reason you get so upset by the notion of a fallible bible, is because that's all you have. A book.

Someone to you: My faith, the Holy Spirit says God is a woman.

Prove that is not true.

You wicked fraud.

The LORD God has magnified that book, which you disparage, hate, above His name, you pawn of the devil.

And all you have is your subjective mysticism, in making a God/"god" up from your own mind, not based upon objective words, from the source, the LORD God.

john w

Hall of Fame

john w

Hall of Fame

Someone to you: My faith, the Holy Spirit, tells me God is a woman, has 56 sons, and lives on the moon. My faith/The Holy Spirit tells me that.

Agreed? If not, tell me why this person'e "faith" is wrong, this person's Holy Spirit is wrong, and yours/others' faith/Holy Spirit is correct, and that God is not a woman.........................

Speaking of idolatry-we see your avatar, fraud.....

RealityJerk

Speaking of idolatry-we see your avatar, fraud.....

There was no new testament book in the first or second century. There was no Christian bookstore, no Amazon.com, no where to buy your bible, because none of that existed 2000 years ago. The sayings of Christ, all of his works, and the message of the gospel, were past orally. Oral tradition. But that isn't enough, because if all that is transmitted is a lie, then there would be no fruit. No new birth experience, no real encounter with the Holy Spirit, no genuine spiritual power, no spiritual gifts, no miracles..etc. No bible, no book, is required to validate the reality of Christ. If you are truly born again, you would know that.

If a spirit is telling you that the creator is a woman, with 50 children, or whatever nonsense you mentioned, then it's obviously not the Holy Spirit.

If it makes you feel better to believe that God authored a specific collection of books, and every word written in those books is God's word, then believe that. But that belief is it self subjective. There is no way to know if a book is God's word, apart from a subjective, miraculous process, led by the spirit of God. You claim God guided you or someone else to identify what books are and aren't God's word, I claim your assumption that there is such a book, is groundless.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There was no new testament book in the first or second century. There was no Christian bookstore, no Amazon.com, no where to buy your bible, because none of that existed 2000 years ago. The sayings of Christ, all of his works, and the message of the gospel, were past orally. Oral tradition. But that isn't enough, because if all that is transmitted is a lie, then there would be no fruit. No new birth experience, no real encounter with the Holy Spirit, no genuine spiritual power, no spiritual gifts, no miracles..etc. No bible, no book, is required to validate the reality of Christ. If you are truly born again, you would know that.

If a spirit is telling you that the creator is a woman, with 50 children, or whatever nonsense you mentioned, then it's obviously not the Holy Spirit.

If it makes you feel better to believe that God authored a specific collection of books, and every word written in those books is God's word, then believe that. But that belief is it self subjective. There is no way to know if a book is God's word, apart from a subjective, miraculous process, led by the spirit of God. You claim God guided you or someone else to identify what books are and aren't God's word, I claim your assumption that there is such a book, is groundless.

I said
The Apostles Wrote Everything Down As It Happened

[Jhn 21:24-25
24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.
25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.
[Gal 1:15-19
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called [me] through His grace,
16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.
[2Ti 4:13
13 Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come--and the books, especially the parchments.

xxx The disciples wrote everything down as it happened. They wrote it on parchments, and books. They had the old testament books.