Two Groups in the One Body

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There are two groups that make up that "one body", "fellowheirs, and of the same body", the "one new man".

Ephesians 3:6 KJV That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

(the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

Ephesians 3:7-11 KJV Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

There are the "we" "who first trusted in Christ"

Ephesians 1:12 KJV That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

beginning with the the apostle Paul

1 Timothy 1:16 KJV Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

and including the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians and Thessalonians

These were those to whom Paul was first sent. Here is Paul recalling what the risen ascended Lord Jesus Christ told him in Acts 9. Look at what it says at the end of verse 17 taking note of "unto whom NOW I send thee.

Acts 26:16-17 KJV But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Here they are:

Acts 13:26 KJV Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Here they are again~"to the Jew first and also to the Greek":

Romans 1:16 KJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

But unto them which are called, "both Jews and Greeks" (this is the first group)

1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

They had a hope. They were in the commonwealth of Israel. They were in the promise.

Galatians 3:29 KJV And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

All Greeks were Gentiles, but not all Gentiles were Greeks.

The Ephesians were not the phsycal descendants of Abraham nor "heirs according to the promise". These Gentiles were OUTSIDE of the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise (such as we). These Gentiles in time past had no hope and were without God in the world!

Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

These Ephesians are of the "ye" whom "also trusted"

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

These are Gentiles that Paul became a prisoner for when he revealed the vision:

Please take note of "for I will send thee" far hence unto the Gentiles.

Acts 22:21-22 KJV And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles. 22 And they gave him audience unto this word, and then lifted up their voices, and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should live.

Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ... For he is our peace, who hath made both one... for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

Ephesians 2:13-15 KJV But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

And again showing the two groups in the ONE Body of Christ~ "that he might reconcile BOTH unto God IN ONE BODY by the cross...and came and preached to the "you which were afar off" like the Ephesians and the "them that were nigh"-like the those who "first trusted in Christ"...

Ephesians 2:16-18 KJV And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

It is the fellowship of the mystery. 1.The Jews and Greeks, those gathered during Paul's Acts ministry, those in the commonwealth of Israel, THEY HAD HOPE...And 2. The YOU GENTILES, in time past aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, HAVING NO HOPE and without God in the world BUT NOW...!!!

Ephesians 3:9-12 KJV And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Now, I must say, there are some want to make the two groups in the one Body 1. Jews and 2. Gentiles, but it doesn't work. Paul was already going to the Jew first AND ALSO TO THE GREEK during his Acts ministry (Greeks are Gentiles) as shown above. They are of those to whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV), those who were being called at that time (Acts 13:26 KJV, 1 Cor. 1:24 KJV). The Jews AND Greeks are those who "first trusted in Christ" (the body of Christ beginning with the apostle Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). They are the "them that were nigh" (Ephesians 2:17 KJV). They were aligned with Israel. They HAD A HOPE as per Genesis 12:3 KJV!

It was not until Paul spilled the beans of something that he was holding back on before (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV) and revealed the temple vision; that the Lord was going to send him far hence unto the Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21 KJV) that he became a prisoner of Jesus Christ for YOU GENTILES (Ephesians 3:1 KJV).

It was not known that the grace of God that bringeth salvation would be to ALL MEN (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV), including Gentiles like these Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (people like you and me) who in time past were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. These were not the Gentiles that Paul was sent to during his Acts ministry. These Gentiles had NOTHING to do with Israel in time past! They had NO HOPE! That's what the scriptures say!