U.S. Government, How does it work?

fool

Hall of Fame
So;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives said:
The composition and powers of the House are established by Article One of the United States Constitution. The House is composed of representatives who sit in congressional districts which are allocated to each of the 50 states on a basis of population as measured by the U.S. Census, with each district entitled one representative. Since its inception in 1789, all representatives are elected popularly. The total number of voting representatives is fixed by law at 435.[1] As of the 2010 Census, the largest delegation is that of California, with fifty-three representatives; the smallest is shared by seven states: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming, each with a single representative

Thoughts?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
U.S. Government, How does it work?

:think:

with liberals driving?

b3164e3b608b47cee0f2dde7956b2f1b.jpg

ok, ok, one more:

funny-man-crash-pink-toy-car-animated-gif-pics.gif

Last edited:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Actually, because of the incompetence, stupidity , malice and stubbornness of the Republican party , our government doesn't work at all . Ever since the disastrous Presidency of Ronald Reagan, the GOP has done nothing but block all progress in America destroy freedom .
And the even more disastrous election of criminal businessman and political fraud Donald Chump, things will get far worse. I hope you all remembered to set your clocks back 300 years on January
19 . It's been one wee since Trump's hostile takeover of America , and he's already beginning to "take America back " - right back to the dark ages . He's not going to "make America great again ". Obama has already done this. He's beginning tomato America HATE again .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Actually, because of the incompetence, stupidity , malice and stubbornness of the Republican party , our government doesn't work at all . Ever since the disastrous Presidency of Ronald Reagan, the GOP has done nothing but block all progress in America destroy freedom .
And the even more disastrous election of criminal businessman and political fraud Donald Chump, things will get far worse. I hope you all remembered to set your clocks back 300 years on January
19 . It's been one wee since Trump's hostile takeover of America , and he's already beginning to "take America back " - right back to the dark ages . He's not going to "make America great again ". Obama has already done this. He's beginning tomato America HATE again .

:darwinsm:

looks like someone needs a nappy

rexlunae

You mean limiting the number to 435? That is so the libs who live in large dwellings together can not tell the rest what to do.

One of the twelve amendments originally proposed for the Bill of Rights actually set a formula for minimum representation in the House. It required one representative for, at most, every 50,000 people. If we were following that rule, the House would have about 6600 seats, and even the smallest states would have many representatives. And the electoral college would also be much less likely to invert the popular vote.

But it was never ratified, so the number was left in the hands of Congress itself.
http://www.usconstitution.net/constamfail.html

Anyone who thinks our government works as designed isn't familiar with the history of what the Founders envisioned.

Although, I will commend your candor in admitting that you like the current number because it over-represents rural-dwellers.

Last edited:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Damn autocorrect ! Plus my eyes . I'm steed;ed to have cataract removed sometime soon . That is, if Trump doesn't make this impossible for me.