U.S. Immigration Policy

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Nope. We accept the Democratic process in America, we're not irrational babies
:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Then how does "Patrick jane" explain why Donald Trump and conservative "birthers" spent the last 8 tears trying to convince the American public that Barrack Obama wasn't born in America and therefore constitutionally diaqualified to serve as President?

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Then how does "Patrick jane" explain why Donald Trump and conservative "birthers" spent the last 8 tears trying to convince the American public that Barrack Obama wasn't born in America and therefore constitutionally diaqualified to serve as President?

You mean the birther movement started by Clinton's campaign back when she ran against the Kenyan?

fool

Hall of Fame
That was a few people.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What is it?
What should it be?

When asked in another thread what kind of immigration bill kmoney would sign he replies.

We grant Permanent Residence status to about 1,000,000 people a year. And Permanent Residents can sponsor certain other relatives for Permanent Residency.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residence_(United_States)
There's a handy chart halfway down.

So, if we Green Card the DACAs do we tell all the other people who've been working on immigrating for a decade or more that the pattern is full because we just burned up the quota giving green cards to people who came here illegally?

Or do we expand the quota?

What should the quota be?

Should it be 2 million? 3 million? We have a population of 323 million, so 3.23 million would be 1%. If you made one state out of the new arrivals it would be ranked 30th in population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population

I'd favor blowing up the quota, but, if you reward illegals again and again then people will just keep coming illegally knowing you're bound to have another amnesty sooner or later. And putting law breakers ahead of law followers is a bad precedent.

Congress sets the quotas, should we raise or lower them?

A one time quota increase? :idunno: I don't have an answer on a long-term increase or decrease in the quota.

I agree that if you consistently award some type of amnesty then people will keep having an incentive to come in. But I'm not going to support uprooting people that are living peacefully here. I've been reading that Trump could make a deal on DACA as long as it's accompanied by some border control tightening and I think that's something I could support.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've been reading that Trump could make a deal on DACA as long as it's accompanied by some border control tightening and I think that's something I could support.
:thumb: Along with the majority of American voters. Trump is winning the support of millions of liberals.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You mean the birther movement started by Clinton's campaign back when she ran against the Kenyan?

th

"Patrick jane" would have us believe that "The Donald" and his motley crew of "birthers" spent the last 8 years willingly serving as "the sharp end of the spear" for the Hillary Clinton campaign!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Presidents are not elected in the USA by popular vote.

voter-fraud-720.jpg

Did the Founding Fathers really intend that it should be the candidate who receives 3 million fewer votes than his opponent be rewarded with the Presidency!

Conservatives have claimed that illegal voting was rampant in America for years - and yet they are silent when the candidate with a minority of notes by a wide margin is declared the winner!

The net result is that 3 million citizens made an effort to vote, only to have their ballots effectively ignored - so much for every vote counts.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
The net result is that 3 million citizens made an effort to vote, only to have their ballots effectively ignored - so much for every vote counts.
Every vote does count, just not the same amount.