Uh oh, Canada :(

way 2 go

Exclusive Poll: Majority Of Democrats Back Trudeau’s Crackdown, Freezing Bank Accounts Of Truckers​

By Tim Pearce
Feb 22, 2022

Aside from Democrats, the only other demographic areas identified in the poll that cut in Trudeau’s favor are the ages 65 and older category and among blacks and Hispanics. Every other demographic – men, women, Asian, white, younger age groups – disapproved of Trudeau’s handling of the protesters.
45362_kq75y4hvm6kb5hh_full.jpeg

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I'm not sure what will become of Canada from this, it seems clear that Canada will never be the same again.

As for my own country, I don't know how we can continue with this kind of a divide between the left and the right.
I think we need our ideologues to get to work articulating our political theories more succinctly because I just don't believe that we differ as much as we might appear to on the surface. I think we're 'talking past' each other in many cases. Could be wrong. There are way more just Americans than there are either Republicans or Democrats. We agree on a lot.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Listening to this now. Been a long time since I've heard Rex Murphy's voice, since he retired from cross country checkup

"Apocalyptic neuroticism and the desire for totalitarian control"

😅 Dang! That Peterson sure can turn a phrase!

ok doser

I was just pondering this the other day - the truck driver is an Everyman. He represents the average Joe, the average lunchbox working man. He is a typified oil patch worker, fisherman, miner, longshoreman, construction worker, assembly line worker.

Is the Canadian working-class riddled with Nazis?

If so, how did this happen?

expos4ever

I think we need our ideologues to get to work articulating our political theories more succinctly because I just don't believe that we differ as much as we might appear to on the surface. I think we're 'talking past' each other in many cases. Could be wrong. There are way more just Americans than there are either Republicans or Democrats. We agree on a lot.
I see your point, but I think there is a more significant "axis" that splits us. It is the axis between reason, evidence-based thinking, and clear rational argument, on the one hand, and conspiracy-theory, outright lying, and over-the-top rhetoric on the other.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I see your point, but I think there is a more significant "axis" that splits us. It is the axis between reason, evidence-based thinking, and clear rational argument, on the one hand
Everybody . . . thinks they're on this hand.
, and conspiracy-theory
Radical, irrelevant minority extremists are conspiratorialists.
, outright lying, and over-the-top rhetoric on the other.
"Outright lying" and "over-the-top rhetoric" are partisan critiques.

way 2 go

ok doser

Well of course if they were racist and threatening to rape every citizen in Ottawa, then ANY measures were justified in stopping them including suspension of civil liberties and implementation of martial law and assumption of dictatorial powers by Dear Leader.

If you disagree, you're a racist rapist too!

way 2 go

Well of course if they were racist and threatening to rape every citizen in Ottawa, then ANY measures were justified in stopping them including suspension of civil liberties and implementation of martial law and assumption of dictatorial powers by Dear Leader.

If you disagree, you're a racist rapist too!
virtue signal protest allowed , effectual protest against trudeau will be crushed .

questions that need answers

Last edited: