UK Math Teacher Suspended for Saying ‘Well Done, Girls’ as Student Identifies as boy

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
UK Math Teacher Suspended for Saying ‘Well Done, Girls’ as One Student Identifies as Boy

OXFORD, U.K. — A math teacher in the U.K. has been suspended and faces possible further disciplinary action after he said “Well done, girls” to a group of students in forgetting that one of the girls prefers to be identified as a boy.

Joshua Sutcliffe is a teacher at Cherwell School in Oxford, and is also a pastor at Christ Revelation Church. He teaches three classes—an estimated 150 students—each day, and has excelled with his Key Stage 3 students. Sutcliffe’s students range in age from 11-18.

However, on Nov. 2, a complaint was filed against Sutcliffe after remarking “Well done, girls,” to his class as one of the female students identifies as a boy. Sutcliffe says that he was never advised by the school how to treat the situation, but tried to handle the matter with balance in not compromising his convictions but also not being inflammatory.

refrained from using any pronouns because I wasn’t really sure [what to do],” he told the organization Christian Concern. “I know it’s a sensitive issue, and I didn’t want it to affect the learning environment.”

Sutcliffe said that he was simply encouraging his students for doing a good job one day and was not thinking about how the girl preferred to be identified as a boy. Although he apologized to the student for what he calls a “slip of the tongue,” the child’s parents filed a complaint and Sutcliffe was consequently suspended for “misgendering” the student.

Sutcliffe is now under investigation and faces a disciplinary hearing about the matter.

“I have been shocked and saddened by the actions of the school, which, in my opinion, reflect an increasing trend of seeing Christians, people like me, being marginalized in the public square, and our beliefs punished and silenced,” he said in a statement.

“The aggressive way in which transgender ideology is being imposed is undermining my freedom of belief and conscience, as well as the conscience of many people throughout our nation who believe that gender is assigned at birth,” Sutcliffe lamented.

He reiterated that he did not intentionally target the student in saying “Well done, girls” to the group as a whole.

“While the suggestion that gender is fluid conflicts sharply with my Christian beliefs, I recognize my responsibility as a teacher and Christian to treat each of my pupils with respect and dignity,” Sutcliffe stated. “I have never looked to impose my convictions on others, I just try to earnestly live out the gospel of peace.”

The school has declined to comment on the matter at this time.

More nuttiness from liberals who hate the truth.

Genesis 5:2 He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created.

Matthew 19:4
Jesus answered, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female'

Mark 10:6
However, from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.'

Just another way for man to claim he created (third gender) and deny the headship of God and at the same time celebrate sin.

Do you believe this is offensive (being called by the 'wrong' gender profile name?

Do you believe someone should be fired for it, if yes?

Why on both?

Thanks

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Males are males.
Females are females.

Males are not females.
Females are not males.

This is what SHOULD be taught in schools and everywhere else.

Amen and it was before the unsound against God mindset took over. Now they claim they are moral while making edicts for immorality.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Just another way for man to claim he created (third gender) and deny the headship of God and at the same time celebrate sin.

Do you believe this is offensive (being called by the 'wrong' gender profile name?

Do you believe someone should be fired for it, if yes?

Why on both?

Thanks

In this case, no for both. It doesn't appear that he meant any offense and wasn't even thinking about the child in question when he said it. The parents and school appear to be overreacting. Especially if the school had not given any advisement on the matter.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In this case, no for both. It doesn't appear that he meant any offense and wasn't even thinking about the child in question when he said it. The parents and school appear to be overreacting. Especially if the school had not given any advisement on the matter.

Do you believe it should be mandatory to recognize a gender preference on any level?

glassjester

I had a class back in college in which I was the only male student. The professor would often greet the class by saying, "Good morning, ladies." Sometime's she'd catch her mistake and address me as well. Other times, not.

She could have been fired for that?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In this case, no for both. It doesn't appear that he meant any offense and wasn't even thinking about the child in question when he said it.

Or maybe Sutcliffe knew exactly what he was doing, and was asserting his beliefs at the expense of his student and will use the unexpected but not unwelcome exposure to further his own agenda.

Sutcliffe is also an associate pastor at an evangelical/charismatic church that's active in street preaching (connection to IHOP) and which says on its website that it wants "to see the English Rose restored in this land, knowing that our nation will flourish under the precepts of our Lord." (I don't know exactly what they mean by English Rose in this usage.)

Sutcliffe's superior in the video is pretty giddy about the millions in readership they're getting for this story, which will "give exposure" to the "absolute nonsense, ineptitude and the stupidity of what is transpiring in relation to ideological thinking. Because what is at stake here is the freedom of human expression."

It's possible that this teacher didn't "make a slip of the tongue," but was aware of using his authority to limit a student's freedom to be addressed by his identified gender. If that's the case, there's a lot more to this than meets the eye, considering also that this video is on the church's crowdfunding page. (£100 raised of £1,500,000 target.)

The parents and school appear to be overreacting. Especially if the school had not given any advisement on the matter.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe this wasn't the first time. Maybe because of his religious convictions the teacher isn't being overly cooperative with the school. In the video he references a past run-in with the administration regarding his assertion to students of marriage being one man/one woman, so there's a past history going on here too. And maybe Sutcliffe was more concerned about his shame at being seen by other students as a teacher "in detention" than he was about his student's feelings when the student experienced his own "suppression of freedom of expression" in front of his peers at the hand of an authority figure asserting his own "freedom of expression."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I am miss america, would that fly if i demanded to be called that and treated like it on my job? Does the kind of job matter? Explain

I don't think that's a good comparison. Gender identify is a fundamental part of who someone is. Miss America is a temporary title based on a competition.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am miss america, would that fly if i demanded to be called that and treated like it on my job? Does the kind of job matter? Explain

I don't think that's a good comparison. Gender identify is a fundamental part of who someone is. Miss America is a temporary title based on a competition.

Why isnt it? Both are mental illness if its insisted on. A man isnt a chick no matter how much he wants to be.

Wheres my tiara?