Ukraine Crisis

Arthur Brain

So what?

So what? Lots of true things don't make sense to you.

Possibly.

(y)
So, fun fact. You're not the arbiter of what's true or not. There's a whole load of what other people consider to be 'true' that don't make sense to me sure, like this case being a literal event. People tormented in flames are not capable of coherent or eloquent speech for starters. If they somehow were, they wouldn't ask for a drop of water for their tongue for what should be obvious reasons but rather a waterfall, a fire extinguisher or anything else to put the whole fire out. Put it in perspective. If you were in a friends house say and were feeling thirsty (with nary a fire going except the normal house heating) would you ask for a drop of water for your tongue or a glass of juice or whatnot?

I'll stick with the rational side that regard this as symbolic and you can do as you like.

Kind regards etc...

Hoping

Banned
What "joyful characteristics" would those be exactly?
Those hosting the fleeing Ukrainians must be joyously helping their neighbors, or they wouldn't be doing it.
No one is paying them to offer solace.
It is of their own free will to act charitably to those Ukrainians in need.
The refugees from Ukraine certainly aren't your enemy so how about praying for their well being instead of judging them so much?
I have been praying for them since well before this war.

Hoping

Banned
What? That was the rich man, not Lazarus. Ya know, the guy who denied Lazarus even the food scraps off his table? Even then it's pretty clear it's symbolic.
Oops.
Your right...I'll go back and get on the right train in a minute.

OK...Jesus never said anything bad about the beggar Lazarus.

Hoping

Banned
Well of course it isn't. Doesn't excuse war atrocity or any other sort that results in it though.
I agree.
On the one hand you consider it moral and virtuous to be completely non violent.
Absolutely.
On the other you're remarkably glib about those who suffer and die as a result of violence being inflicted upon them. Quite the double standard you have going on there...
The "sufferers" of Ukraine have the same opportunities to choose which road they will walk on as we do.
I pray for them, but also know they have had months to get out of the situation their lust and/or fear has put them in.

Hoping

Banned
He could have and didn't.
What do you mean "He didn't" ?
He did, as I am safe right now.
Where is your faith?
As your first question was either a typo or based on something I missed, My faith is front and center.
And, where is your gratitude for all of our fallen servicemen? They died for you.
False dilemma, fallacy.
The only One who has died for me is Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Arthur Brain

Those hosting the fleeing Ukrainians must be joyously helping their neighbors, or they wouldn't be doing it.
No one is paying them to offer solace.
It is of their own free will to act charitably to those Ukrainians in need.

I have been praying for them since well before this war.
Doesn't make them all Christians or joyous for doing it does it? They'd probably prefer they wouldn't be having to and that these refugees still had their own homes to live in. Sure, the charity is something to treasure but the need for it isn't.

Arthur Brain

I won't go back to look.
It is water under the bridge to me.
Well, if you can't be bothered to scroll back a coupla pages or whatever to the pertinent points laid out then that just shows how interested you were in an honest discussion then. You sure seemed clear enough on the matter to accuse me of not being lucid on the issue.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
What do you mean "He didn't" ?
He did, as I am safe right now.

As your first question was either a typo or based on something I missed, My faith is front and center.

False dilemma, fallacy.
The only One who has died for me is Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
You're a wretch. Thumbs down.

Arthur Brain

I agree.

Absolutely.

The "sufferers" of Ukraine have the same opportunities to choose which road they will walk on as we do.
I pray for them, but also know they have had months to get out of the situation their lust and/or fear has put them in.
Their "lust" for what exactly? To live as you and I do, in our own homes? Quite the pompous judge of these people aren't you?

Hoping

Banned
Doesn't make them all Christians or joyous for doing it does it?
Not at all, but it sure leads one to think so.
They'd probably prefer they wouldn't be having to and that these refugees still had their own homes to live in.
I don't know them as you seem to.
Sure, the charity is something to treasure but the need for it isn't.
It is now.
The under lining cause for it isn't "treasured".

Hoping

Banned
Well, if you can't be bothered to scroll back a coupla pages or whatever to the pertinent points laid out then that just shows how interested you were in an honest discussion then. You sure seemed clear enough on the matter to accuse me of not being lucid on the issue.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
If there was something you really needed an answer for , please present the question...or the whole post, again.

Right Divider

Body part
So, fun fact. You're not the arbiter of what's true or not. There's a whole load of what other people consider to be 'true' that don't make sense to me sure, like this case being a literal event. People tormented in flames are not capable of coherent or eloquent speech for starters. If they somehow were, they wouldn't ask for a drop of water for their tongue for what should be obvious reasons but rather a waterfall, a fire extinguisher or anything else to put the whole fire out. Put it in perspective. If you were in a friends house say and were feeling thirsty (with nary a fire going except the normal house heating) would you ask for a drop of water for your tongue or a glass of juice or whatnot?

I'll stick with the rational side that regard this as symbolic and you can do as you like.

Kind regards etc...
Always claiming the "high ground"... so cute.