• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Unicorns

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. - 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians15:12-19&version=NKJV
I believe God wakes the dead, sir.

Ms. Bee

Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise (really wake) the dead?
I believe in resurrection. Without it, salvation wouldn't be possible. I happen to believe Heaven and resurrection are 2 separate things. I was simply making a joke: "All dogs go to Heaven" is a movie."

Derf

People don't go to Heaven. They are woke from the dead.

Jhn 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Jesus is a person, a human one, at that. He went to heaven. While much of the promise of the afterlife is talking about living on the new earth, I don't see anywhere in scripture that no human ever goes to heaven--and I've looked.

Derf

I believe in resurrection. Without it, salvation wouldn't be possible. I happen to believe Heaven and resurrection are 2 separate things. I was simply making a joke: "All dogs go to Heaven" is a movie."
I hated that movie, every time my kids watched it!

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is a person, a human one, at that. He went to heaven. While much of the promise of the afterlife is talking about living on the new earth, I don't see anywhere in scripture that no human ever goes to heaven--and I've looked.
Does say people go there either? So I assume God transports the spirit into a new body that is there. It is not that I doubt the afterlife; I doubt the fundamentalist presupposition that one has to believe Jesus is God, or in the trinity god. I believe in the Judeo version of God.

Derf

Does say people go there either? So I assume God transports the spirit into a new body that is there. It is not that I doubt the afterlife; I doubt the fundamentalist presupposition that one has to believe Jesus is God, or in the trinity god. I believe in the Judeo version of God.
I suppose the Trinity is a presupposition for some, but I’ve tried to debunk it, and I can’t.

There is a spiritual body of some sort:
1 Corinthians 15:44 (KJV)
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

And there are people in heaven:
Revelation 19:1 (KJV)
And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

I would propose that those people have their new spiritual body.

Ms. Bee

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Why would you state people don't go to Heaven? Where do you think the kingdom is located?

Ms. Bee

Also II Kings 2:11 proves you wrong. Not only was Elijah taken to Heaven but he was alive. Last time I checked, he was a person

Was looking into something on https://kgov.com/kjo and found this short video.

Worth a watch.

Hopefully I'm not posting something I shouldn't.
My studies long ago showed that the Greeks are the one that come up with the unicorn myth describing it as a horse for the horn and it was taken further throughout the centuries into something that resembles Pegasus. Most likely they ran into the rhinoceros.