Vegans are loony white supremacists!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Many vegetarians argue that their lifestyle makes them healthier than those who eat meat. Although we certainly won’t discredit the many benefits of a vegetarian diet, there’s reason to believe that a well-balanced omnivorous diet is a far healthier choice. Studies have repeatedly shown that vegetarians who fail to supplement their diets with Vitamin D, B12 and iron are prone to becoming dangerously anemic. Vegetarians also typically miss out on omega-3 fatty acids. These unsaturated acids have been proved to slow the progression of atherosclerosis, reduce triglyceride levels, act as anti-inflammatory agents, and potentially help with depression and some personality disorders.
http://www.askmen.com/money/how_to_400/477_how-to-argue-against-vegetarians.html

According to data presented in an infographic by TopRNtoBSN.com, out of the mere 1 million Americans that are vegan, 79 percent of them are women. That’s a significant majority.
Although an estimated 6% of black Americans are vegetarian or vegan, according to a 2012 Harris Interactive poll, the "mainstream" vegan movement is "predominantly led by white activists, theorists and authors" Aph Ko, a vegan, feminist blogger and activist, told Mic. Not only are the most privileged members of the movement the most visible, but they're also promoting goals that fail to account for the perspectives of the most marginalized
https://mic.com/articles/127821/the...-veganism-to-fight-white-supremacy#.OqizdPDzA

Beneath a veneer of compassion for non-humans, proponents of vegetarianism/veganism/animal rights are able to market and profit from the violence humans like them have committed on others over generations.
If a black man being lynched and a cattle being slaughtered have anything under the sun in common, it’s that white people will emphatically parade documentation of their deaths before unwitting and unwilling people, in the name of “awareness”, to yield political and financial gains.
How white is the animal rights movement? Let’s have ourselves a perfunctory peer at PETA’s leadership. And now google image searches for “vegetarian people” and “vegan people.” I guess it shouldn’t surprise to see a stark, almost unilateral whiteness in the public demonstrations PETA uses to lure the public’s eye, conscience, and wallet. The sexualization of these spectacles and the way white supremacy plays into what we constitute as “sexy” aside, people of color not being able to gather in public to peacefully express their contempt at a societal norm without remorseless violence is a large factor in why we’re all having these discussions right now.
Last year, PETA offered to pay the water bills for struggling families in Detroit if they agreed to stop eating meat. Need we go into the racial makeup of those who were likely to be struggling in Detroit? This runs laps around “problematic”—this is coercion. This is attempting to take hostages. This is lording your financial plenty over those who have less. PETA used images of violence against black folk to solicit donations, and then, when given the opportunity to give back to that community, taunted them over their systemic scarcity. If you were having trouble keeping your water on, you might not be able to afford a vegetarian diet.
This is the sort of indifference to marginalized people you are party to and perpetuate when you take to social media to decry that black people being murdered and kidnapped on live television aren’t getting the same attention as chickens and cows.
Let’s be not coy: Equating the suffering of people of color to that of animals (or in Vegan Revolution’s case, less tragic than that of animals) was kind of the philosophical and legal crux of slavery.
http://www.ravishly.com/2015/04/30/white-supremacy-and-animal-rights

But, the underlying message from this response is that only whites have the “right” morals, and non-whites must be lacking. It becomes a means of upholding white superiority.
http://www.coreyleewrenn.com/the-white-privilege-in-vegan-moral-superiority/

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There are vegans, and then there are actual people :chuckle:

Veganism is a rarity, thankfully. The most I've seen it is within young hipster culture, which is typically a phase. When they end up having to pay their way through life they soon realize how expensive it is to maintain a vegan diet and start bargaining- that bargaining will eventually transform their diet into a relatively normal one.

But then, there's those loony ones who like to tell other people they should be murdered for eating meat- a forty year old woman acting in such a way is an embarrassment to society, and yet if you go on YouTube you'll find several videos easily which show it.

I do understand a concern for certain slaughterhouses today, where the animals are not even treated as living beings but rather like dry goods.
Contrary to what some may think, it has always been a custom among God's people to be respectful of animals- especially in sacrifice; they would cut all the arteries simultaneously to avoid suffering.

However, vegans have turned it into insanity- killing animals and eating meat is not only a natural right, but a gift. If we weren't supposed to eat meat, we would not be omnivores, plain and simple.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
True. It is also interesting how elitist they are. They seem to be mainly upper-middle-class white women who find it am easy cause, requiring little preparation, and yet it is taking the moral high-road the easy way.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a funny thread, Kat. The reason I find it funny is the timing of it. About a month ago, my daughter "went vegan." She tried to convince me to do it too. :chuckle: It took her a month to change her mind. She asked me to bring her a pound of bacon out of my freezer (I have about ten pounds right now). I asked her why she wanted bacon since she was now a vegan. She said that she liked bacon too much to give it up. Then, I asked her if she wanted anything else from my freezer or pantry. Her answer: "Pork chops, steak, hamburger, any kind of meat. I didn't buy any and am craving it."

rexlunae

There is something privileged about how some people practice veganism. There are fancy, expensive meat substitutes that poor people mostly can't afford. Much of the world aspires to be able to eat meat, so this even more expensive substitute can be a combination of smugness and privilege. However, the fundamental argument that killing animals for meat produces suffering among creatures who can and do experience it is true, and merits consideration. And the environmental impact of raising livestock is enormous compared to the (still bad) impact of industrial farming.

But they aren't white supremacists. I don't see where you got that.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I guess peer pressure affects so many young adults. As said above these young 'hipsters' are all into what looks good tied to their egos. Vegan is the new and improved form of extreme vegetarianism. It is what women elitism. see here, it is rather funny...

The western obsession with rights makes it difficult to see their limitations. We speak about rights as if they were the only moral value with meaning, ignoring other important moral values like responsibilities or duties. In fact, responsibilities are the counterparts to rights – you can’t have one without the other.

Philosopher Carl Cohen writes that, “If animals have any rights, they must have the right to be killed to advance the interest of others.” Another way of putting this is that those who assert the rights of animals are in effect asserting – first and foremost – a right to life for all animals.

But for an animal to realise its right to life, farmers, hunters and researchers must collectively accept a duty not to kill them. Similarly, citizens, consumers and patients must refuse to eat, wear or use food, clothes and medicine that require an animal to die.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...t-harming-animals-or-feeling-morally-superior

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
But they aren't white supremacists. I don't see where you got that.

I did not actually get that as much as it seems implied in the articles I sighted. To be honest, I do not know anyone who cares about vegetarianism. Most persons I know who eat less meat, do so for health reasons. I do not know anyone who honors thy chicken; however I do know some who eat thy chicken, rather than the steer.

Some chicken eaters I know well think red meat is bad, and i have read about this back into 1970, too much red meat, eat chicken! For me, my grilled steaks remain, along with my pot roast, for now, yet if I develop colon polyps, I might go the chicken critter eating route, fish too, but not because I think the chicken is far beneath me, while the cow is somewhat sacred.

When it comes down to ideology, white supremacist, feminist elitist, moral privilege, cheeky girl, all that blab; I see no sense in species-ism, none at all!

rexlunae

I guess peer pressure affects so many young adults. As said above these young 'hipsters' are all into what looks good tied to their egos. Vegan is the new and improved form of extreme vegetarianism. It is what women elitism. see here, it is rather funny...

Remember when people always talked about peer pressure to do drugs, or to have unsafe sex? What if it did something with undeniable benefits instead?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Remember when people always talked about peer pressure to do drugs, or to have unsafe sex? What if it did something with undeniable benefits instead?

Yes, i remember it well. It was the AIDS (HIV) which worried me most. Peer pressure to do good things. that sounds great. I have to say eating better is good, but to do so in the name of animal ideology, I do not think so. This is one reason some kids today see no wrong in caring more about the pets than people, it happens. I read some where kids would rather see a squirrel saved over a person they do not know. The reason is most humans they have known seemed evil to them. It gets sad when we forget ourselves.

Honour God, above all, not the golden calf.:rapture: