was cain and abel inside or outside the garden of eden?

Word based mystic

genesis 4:16 Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

genesis 3:24 So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

both instances were sent to the east of the garden of eden.

cain was driven from the presence of the Lord.
is that indicative of Garden of Eden?

Mocking You

Was cain and abel inside or outside the garden of eden after abels murder?

Outside. God banished A&E from the garden of Eden and put an angelic guard so they could not re-enter it.

Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

False Prophet

They were outside the Garden of Eden. Cain was the tiller of the soil, and Abel was a shepherd. Adam and Eve ate of the trees of the garden, including the tree of knowledge of good and evil which was forbidden for them to eat.

Word based mystic

They were outside the Garden of Eden. Cain was the tiller of the soil, and Abel was a shepherd. Adam and Eve ate of the trees of the garden, including the tree of knowledge of good and evil which was forbidden for them to eat.

Then where was cain to be sent from in relation to east of the Garden?

What does the Presence of the Lord reflect that He was sent out of His presence east of eden.

The commission to subdue/til was given in genesis 1
and the foods that was given for him to eat was gen 1:29 and 30
so they were already doing some of that.

Mocking You

Then where was cain to be sent from in relation to east of the Garden?

What does the Presence of the Lord reflect that He was sent out of His presence east of eden.

Could you rephrase your question(s)?

Cain was sent away from the general area of the garden of Eden to the land of Nod.

Word based mystic

Was the presence of the Lord different in the Garden.
Is the presence of the Lord in the Garden a physical pre-incarnate Christ. The Word God in physical form.

Other translations infer Cain was cast away from the (face) of the Lord

If Cain was in the Garden at the time of being sent away then his being sent away from the presence of the lord in the physical garden would make sense.

Him also being sent out of the garden where the physical ground would not respond as easily as within the garden also makes sense. For within the Garden the ground is not cursed.

Adam and eve was sent out to east of the garden. Cain and abel should have been with them.

JosephR

So eHe drove out the man; and He placed fcherubim gat the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of hlife.

4 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore 1Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.” 2 Then she bore again, this time his brother 2Abel

Cain and Abel where not alive when Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden.While in the Garden there was no need to procreate. Having children is the burden of mortals who will die. Beings like pre fall adam and eve and angels have no need to multiply.

Mocking You

While in the Garden there was no need to procreate. Having children is the burden of mortals who will die. Beings like pre fall adam and eve and angels have no need to multiply.

Yeah....except that before the Fall, God commanded Adam and Eve to multiply.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

JosephR

Yeah....except that before the Fall, God commanded Adam and Eve to multiply.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

I think you are reading the narrative. So did Adam and Eve disobey God? Why did they not have Children before the fall?

JosephR

Yes, I am reading the narrative. Did you mean to say, "I think you are reading into the narrative"?

Yes, they did.

Because God commanded them to have children. Because there is nothing in the Bible that prevents them from having children.

nothing prevented them,so why didnt they?
unless you subscribe to the theory that they had all kinds of children hence where the people Cain found when He was made to wonder.But thats assuming alot... The scriptures say they did not have Cain or Abel till after the fall. Do you know of any scripture that says they had children before?

Mocking You

nothing prevented them,so why didnt they?

I don't think we could ever know the answer to that question.

unless you subscribe to the theory that they had all kinds of children hence where the people Cain found when He was made to wonder.

After they were banished from the garden it's possible they had children we didn't hear about. Could have been females. Females were not typically named in scripture when it came to accounts of lineage. Cain's wife could have been his sister, I don't know. I'm certainly not adamant about it. (get it, Adam-ant?)

Do you know of any scripture that says they had children before?

I do not.

JosephR

I don't think we could ever know the answer to that question.

After they were banished from the garden it's possible they had children we didn't hear about. Could have been females. Females were not typically named in scripture when it came to accounts of lineage.

I do not.

there are alot of possibilities,, could be's and so on. But the scripture says they were banished then had Cain... So i gota stick with that. Also the narrative account has you making babies even before Eve was made.. I dont think the two accounts should be understood that way.

JosephR

What? Gen 1:27 says male and female were created and verse 28 says "be fruitful and multiply."

sure it does, it is a summary. lets look at it..

26 Then God said, y“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; zlet them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over 7all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man ain His own image; in the image of God He created him; bmale and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, c“Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and dsubdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that 8moves on the earth.”
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; eto you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to fevery beast of the earth, to every gbird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is 9life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31 Then hGod saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

what you are referencing is all in the sixth day.

what about gen 2-4?

4 dThis is the 1history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 before any eplant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not fcaused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man gto till the ground; 6 but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the Lord God formed man of the hdust of the ground, and ibreathed into his jnostrils the breath of life; and kman became a living being.

It just said there was no man till Gen 2-7... but this is not the summary this is the detailed account.

Mocking You

do you subscribe to the "gap theory'?

I'm going to say no, but I've not extensively studied it. Honestly, I don't know the age of the Earth, except I will say it's almost certain to be more than 6,000 to 10,000 years old. There's too much evidence of an old Earth to cling to that idea. I enjoy science and have an engineering background (electrical engineering) but I just don't get into arguments about abiogenesis.

JosephR

I'm going to say no, but I've not extensively studied it. Honestly, I don't know the age of the Earth, except I will say it's almost certain to be more than 6,000 to 10,000 years old. There's too much evidence of an old Earth to cling to that idea. I enjoy science and have an engineering background (electrical engineering) but I just don't get into arguments about abiogenesis.

I dont want to argue anything with you :)

I think these ideas and assumptions come up to everyone who has read the bible, the summary then the detailed account, how do they fit with one another.

I will say this, the logic you are using makes sense to me as well and I am likely to assume the same things, and have. But when you get down to the tooth and nail, details in scripture always wins over assumptions.

My background is more computer science and actually has helped me accept that there is a Creator and we are in a simulated "created" universe.

Nice talking with you .