ECT Water or No Water?

turbosixx

When Paul talks of the baptism of Moses, is he making an argument that water was part of the baptism or that no water was involved?

1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

turbosixx

The reason I ask this question is that someone said that there was no water involved in the baptism of Moses. I was curious if others agreed or disagreed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ceremonial cleansing is just that, a ceremony. They are admitting guilt and the need to be cleansed.

DAN P

When Paul talks of the baptism of Moses, is he making an argument that water was part of the baptism or that no water was involved?

1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Hi and here is a LITERAL translation of 1 Cor 10:1 !!

The Holy Spirit writes , " Now I do not wish you to be Ignorant , brethren , that all OUR FATHERS ( those of Moses time ) were uinder the Cloud , and all passed through the Sea .

v2 , And all were PLACED ( a transliteration of the Greek word BAPTIZO ) ( TOGETHER ) unto Moses In the Cloud and in the Sea!!

Another good transliterated Greek word for BAPTIZO is the word Identification !!

No water here at all !!

dan p

Last edited:

turbosixx

Hi and here is a LITERAL translation of 1 Cor 10:1 !!

The Holy Spirit writes , " Now I do not wish you to be Ignorant , brethren , that all OUR FATHERS ( those of Moses time ) were uinder the Cloud , and all passed through the Sea .

v2 , And all were PLACED ( a transliteration of thre Greek word BAPTIZO ) ( TOGETHER ) unto Moses In the Cloud and in the Sea!!

Another good transliterated Greek word for BAPTIZO is the word Identification !!

No water here at all !!

dan p

So a cloud and the sea are not made of water? He says cloud and sea twice. IN the cloud and IN the sea.

DAN P

So a cloud and the sea are not made of water? He says cloud and sea twice. IN the cloud and IN the sea.

Hi and what many FAIL to see , is that the Holy Spirit the AORIST TENSE which means it happened in time pass and can not happen again !!

It is in the MIDDLE VOICE which means that the subject , " the Holy Spirit " is part PARTICIPATING in the RESULTS of the action of the PLACING the Jews unto Moses !!

This means that this BAPTIZO / PLACING can not happen again !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi , and in 1 Cor 10:1 the Greek word " were " is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and means it happenned in thr pass time and that BAPTIZO / PLACING than stopped !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi , and in 1 Cor 10:1 the Greek word " were " is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and means it happenned in thr pass time and that BAPTIZO / PLACING than stopped !!

dan p

That makes no sense. Of course, they were baptized in the past. It was the past. If baptism stopped then why this:

Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved;

DAN P

That makes no sense. Of course, they were baptized in the past. It was the past. If baptism stopped then why this:

Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved;

Hi , and you left 1 Cor 10:1 and 2 and refused to comment , sounds about right and are doing the " OLD BAIT AND SWITCH "!!!

What about Mark 16:16 was how you were SAVED ??

Tell all how that happened ?

Were you saved by Water Baptism of verse 16 , and did you REPENT and produce the works to prove it , and were you Baptized by the Father , Son and the Holy Spirit Matt 28:19 or did you Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ , Acts 2:38 , so get REAL !!:bang::bang::rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

turbosixx

Hi , and you left 1 Cor 10:1 and 2 and refused to comment , sounds about right and are doing the " OLD BAIT AND SWITCH "!!!

What about Mark 16:16 was how you were SAVED ??

Tell all how that happened ?

Were you saved by Water Baptism of verse 16 , and did you REPENT and produce the works to prove it , and were you Baptized by the Father , Son and the Holy Spirit Matt 28:19 or did you Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ , Acts 2:38 , so get REAL !!:bang::bang::rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

Wait a second, your the one that said it stopped then, not me. I just want to know if it stopped then why do we see it now?

Since your a Greek scholar, what is the tense of "has been" baptized in Mk. 16:16?

DAN P

Wait a second, your the one that said it stopped then, not me. I just want to know if it stopped then why do we see it now?

Since your a Greek scholar, what is the tense of "has been" baptized in Mk. 16:16?

Hi , and I am NOT a Greek scholar and my Greek teacher died last month , in St Petersburg , FL .

Some on this forum have heard of R C Brock , and have read some of his books !

I did not see the words " has been " in verse 16 !!

There are 5 verb tenses in verse 16 , and 2 are in the FUTURE TENSE !!

That is because Israel has been set aside is the same STUMBLING BLOCK that PLAGUED Israel by believeing Acts 2 Pentecostalism , with it Tongues , Snakes and 4 Sq gospel !!

Not RECOGNIZING , that Israel has been set aside , is a ' falling away from Grace as written in Gal 1:6-9 and Gal 5:4 , as Pentecost is part of the Law of Moses , so you will never ADMIT IT , will you ??

Prove that Pentecost is NOT part of the Law of Moses !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

turbosixx

Hi , and as I said PENTECOSTALS or RCC and Cults have no answers !!

Thanks for proving it !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

I don't even have a clue of what you are talking about, the law of Moses on Pentecost. I can't refute what doesn't make sense.

DAN P

I don't even have a clue of what you are talking about, the law of Moses on Pentecost. I can't refute what doesn't make sense.

Hi and simce you read English , read Acts 2:1 and explain what it means or are you a JOBBERNOWL !!

Let me know as I can help you !!

dan p