Welcome ChristianForums.com members...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Hi,
I just stumbled accross this forum this morning. I'm a long time CF member, but not so much anymore. Actually, I was an Administrator for the site until a couple of years ago. Moderating a site that big requires way to much commitment.

Anyway, being an insider, I'm hoping that maybe I can clear up some of the misunderstandings and give a little first hand experience in regards to the evolution of the forum and some of it's more quirky attributes.

Glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

Zach

oftenbuzzard

Zach said:
Hi,
I just stumbled accross this forum this morning. I'm a long time CF member, but not so much anymore. Actually, I was an Administrator for the site until a couple of years ago. Moderating a site that big requires way to much commitment.

Anyway, being an insider, I'm hoping that maybe I can clear up some of the misunderstandings and give a little first hand experience in regards to the evolution of the forum and some of it's more quirky attributes.

Zach

What did you think of that drstevej guy? I think he was on Alpha even. Whacko, IMO!

Zach

I didn't ever know him well, but what I did know of him, he seemed to be a decent and nice enough guy, there were just so many members on the staff that it's hard to get to know everyone. I left the staff a couple years ago and came back for a couple of months last year but left again since I didn't have the time to commit to what was required of mods.

oftenbuzzard

Zach said:
I didn't ever know him well, but what I did know of him, he seemed to be a decent and nice enough guy, there were just so many members on the staff that it's hard to get to know everyone. I left the staff a couple years ago and came back for a couple of months last year but left again since I didn't have the time to commit to what was required of mods.

Yeah, well I do know him. Sigh.

Zach

Well, from what I know of recent conversations, that's not a good thing. It seems that he's got a couple of loose screws. ;)

Last edited:

The Berean

Zach said:
Hi,

Zach
Welcome Zach! :wave2:

I'm actually a member of CF as well but I only have about 80 posts in the three years I've been there. One of my "complaints" is that it has way too many forums. It's hard to get hooked if I have to search all those forums for an interesting topic. What is the evolution of why there are so many forums?

Last edited:

oftenbuzzard

The Berean said:
Welcome Zach! :wave2:

I've actaully a member of CF as well but I only have about 80 posts in the three years I've been there. One of my "complaints" is that it has way too many forums. It's hard to get hooked if I have to search all those forums for an interesting topic. What is the evolution of why there are so many forums?

More forums, more members, more posts.

STATS, STATS, STATS
despite insufficient staff to monitor.

Zach

Oh jeez, that could be a thread in itself. The site started out with just some basic forums like here.
I think at first there was just Announcements, Suggestions, Men's Corner, Fellowship court, Apologetics, Theology, News and current events, and usenet newsgroups.

First Apologetics was getting thousands of posts a day and a thread would no sooner get created then disappear bneneath a dozen other active threads, so originally, the sub forums were only for the really busy threads like News & current events and theology. But Erwin (the wbemaster) likes to add features and gets dozens of requests for new features and modifications a week. Being a hacker at heart Erwin manages to find a way to do just about anything he wants with Ezboard and even runs the ezboard forum.

So he added games. Then WOmen wanted there own forum. Then teens wanted a forum. Then girl teens wanted a seperate forum. Then someone requested a specialized sub forum for eschatology, then soteriology, etc, etc. Just about whoever requests it gets their special forum (in large part due to the great diversity among the staff who tend to feel that they have a responsibility to weigh in on every topic that comes across Erwin's laptop.

Erwin is incredibly patient with the staff, very positive, and (I know many others say otherwise) but he's also rather conservative.

However, recently, the staff has been skimming down on the creation of new forums. For a while every subsect of every subsect of everydenomination that requested their own forum got one, now, I think that the staff have realized that they are growing beyond a sustainable level. So now there is MUCH more structure to staff protocol. For instance, a request for Calvary Chapelites to get their own forum was turned down. Go figure, since that's my church :) but it's at least a step taken toward consolidation which will make the forum much more user friendly IMO.

Secret sister

I am also former staff at CF and I am willing to speak with absolutely honesty about the anti Protestant/ anti gospel bias that is there.

Zack you sound like a CF "brain washed mind numbed robot " "Protestant Christian" indeed !

Secret sister

Zach said:
Erwin is incredibly patient with the staff, very positive, and (I know many others say otherwise) but he's also rather conservative.

However, recently, the staff has been skimming down on the creation of new forums. For a while every subsect of every subsect of everydenomination that requested their own forum got one, now, I think that the staff have realized that they are growing beyond a sustainable level. So now there is MUCH more structure to staff protocol. For instance, a request for Calvary Chapelites to get their own forum was turned down. Go figure, since that's my church :) but it's at least a step taken toward consolidation which will make the forum much more user friendly IMO.

Erwin is as of late a disengaged webmaster /owner that has as his first interest the number of members and only second the spreading of the gospel.

Evee

Secret sister said:
I am also former staff at CF and I am willing to speak with absolutely honesty about the anti Protestant/ anti gospel bias that is there.

Zack you sound like a CF "brain washed mind numbed robot " "Protestant Christian" indeed !
I bet you felt good to say that since at CF that would have been a big NONO :cheers:
Anyway this place is not perfect not by a long shot, However I like it sorta.

Secret sister

Evee said:
I bet you felt good to say that since at CF that would have been a big NONO :cheers:
Anyway this place is not perfect not by a long shot, However I like it sorta.

Yea it did feel good to say out loud. Thanks :)

Secret sister

oftenbuzzard said:
More forums, more members, more posts.

STATS, STATS, STATS
despite insufficient staff to monitor.

But look at it this way, there are dolls to dress and animals to tend and games to play. Reports are selectively acted on so staff is not really important and who needs to defend the gospel with all that other neat stuff?

Evee

Secret sister said:
But look at it this way, there are dolls to dress and animals to tend and games to play. Reports are selectively acted on so staff is not really important and who needs to defend the gospel with all that other neat stuff?
I do find that silly and a waste of time.
I gave a friend my password and said dress me if you want but to me it is silly.
Those pets are just plain silly.
If I wanted to play house I would go to a preschool.
I really feel it is slipping fast. :cry:

Zach

Secret sister said:

I'm not a protestant?! This one is a real shocker. All this time and nobody told me. It's sad really.

My screen name at CF was Coastie. Look me up.

exev

thelaqachisnext said:
That is a lie, an absolute outright! you called me all manner of names, but you lied and you are lying now. I think one of your friends got banned for accusing me without using Scripture to say why they thought I was wrong on the rapture. And on Isaiah chapter 49, showing Jesus Christ is indeed the Israel of God: you finally admitted that yes, the Word of God says Jesus is called Israel, so why smear without using the Scriptures to back up your beliefs, even now? -because you are without any understanding of the Doctrine of Christ or of the rapture of the Church.

Hello thelaqachisnext,

Do you believe in Pre-Trib Or Mid-Trib?

And I am interested to hear all that you know about the Tribulation? How many years is it? And who is it that reigns the first part of the Tribulation or all of it?

Thank you
exev

RedneckAnglican

former CF'r...former mod...they found out that I was a Freemason and fired me...no bad feelings really, but someone over there is kinda stalking me so I'm hiding here...looks like a nice place...any beer around?...

ken <><

Yonas bat'Yah

I'm with you Smack!

I'm with you Smack!

Knight said:
Hmmm.... well you should probably only tell people they are going to hell... IF they are going to hell.

Otherwise think of the confusion! :D

Hi Knight. It's been awhile. I just wanted to come on and say hi. I'll be posting more this coming weekend, or as class permits. I've missed you and the gang. :king:

Status
Not open for further replies.