What Are "Works of the Law?" - Jimmy Akin

OZOS

Are you stupid?
No, but you certainly are. I never suggesting anything other than faith in Christ for justification, and when I did, you said it is "not true", and then repeated what I said. So, you are either drunk or stupid. Most likely both.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
No, but you certainly are. I never suggesting anything other than faith in Christ for justification, and when I did, you said it is "not true", and then repeated what I said. So, you are either drunk or stupid. Most likely both.
Justification comes through trust in Christ, in that Christ obeyed the law. I say the messiah is proof that a man can keep the laws and suggestions of God. You lamely believe justification can not come from the self.

OZOS

Justification comes through trust in Christ, in that Christ obeyed the law.
Yep, because we cannot.

I say the messiah is proof that a man can keep the laws and suggestions of God.
You're delusional, and a liar. You don't keep the laws and/or "suggestions" of God.

You lamely believe justification can not come from the self.
I have never said or insinuated any such nonsense, nor do you have any proof that I have. Again, you are a liar.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
"When Gentiles who have not the law1 do by nature what the law2 requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law3. They show that what the law requires4 is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them" (Ro.2:14-15; RSV Catholic Edition).

THE Law, the Mosaic Covenant, was never given to the Gentiles. what do you think is the meaning of the words "the law"at Romans 2:12?
The law the law. The law.

1 - "Gentiles who have not the law", that's the law that the Gentiles don't have, because they're Gentiles, which is not Israelite, to whom the law, was actually given.
2 -"What the law requires", the moral aspects of the law.
3 -"They (Gentiles) do not have the law". Again, that's the law, given to the Israelites. Gentiles don't have it. The Torah. The books of Moses.
4 -"What the law requires" again; and it's again the moral aspect of the law.

Jerry Shugart

All those who follow Rome do not know the following truth:

"
Verses of Galatians Chapter 03 - King James Bible Verse
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
All those who follow Rome do not know the following truth:

"
Verses of Galatians Chapter 03 - King James Bible Verse
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God

The law cannot justify, because self does it, not the law or command.

OZOS

Usually the word has little to do with the afterlife.
This explains much of your confusion about everything.

You claim God is a massive failure, because "we can't keep the law". God does what he wants to. The measure of purity is not always crucifixion also.

God does do what He wants to, but you claim that God wants to "cause men to obey His laws and suggestions", which would make Him a failure, because no man obeys His laws or suggestions.

"Purity" as you suggest, is not possible without the crucifixion (Jesus died for our sins), however, according to the message of the gospel, NO ONE is made holy, righteous, blameless, "pure", complete, or perfect because of His crucifixion. To be these, that is only possible by the portion of gospel that you neglect, His resurrection. NO ONE is "saved" by His death, but by His life (Rom 5:10). Salvation is receiving the very life of God.

I will walk you through this, though I doubt you will receive it or understand it (1 Cor 2:14), but I do so for those who may be as confused as you.

Crucified with Christ

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" Gal 2:20

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Rom 6:6

The state of the believer is one that has been crucified with Christ. The old self, once in Adam, no longer exists. The body of sin has been "done away with" (KJV destroyed - καταργέω), and they no longer live as a slave of sin. The life they live now, they live by the faith of Jesus, who died for their sins, and they died with Him.

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" Rom 6:8

"For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." Col 3:3

The old self (in Adam) was crucified, died and was buried.

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Rom 6:4

"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Col 2:12

Buried with Him in baptism. The apostle Paul makes it clear that there is only "one baptism" (Eph 4:5) for those who have been crucified and died with Christ, and it is not in water, but by the Holy Spirit, and into the body of Christ.

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." 1 Cor 12:13

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" Rom 6:3

All those who were buried with Christ, were baptized into Christ, in order that they be raised with Christ. The death, burial, and resurrection of those in Christ, is already a reality. Not the body, which awaits redemption, but the spirit that is presently one spirit with Him.

"But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him." 1 Cor 6:17

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" Eph 2:6

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God." Col 3:1

The believer was crucified with Christ, died with Christ, was buried with Christ, was raised with Christ, is one spirit with Christ, and seated in Christ, at the right hand of God.

These are not my words, but the words of God, as given unto the apostle Paul, by the Lord Jesus Christ.

As mentioned earlier, in Galatians 2:20, the life of the believer is the very life of Christ that dwells in us, and we in Him, by His Holy Spirit. We are no longer in the flesh, but having been circumcised from the flesh, we are now in the Spirit.

"In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" Col 2:11

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."
Rom 8:9-11

"...know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" 1 Cor 6:19

"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." 1 Jn 4:13

We were once in Adam, but are now in Christ

"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive." 1 Cor 15:22

Being made alive is the crux of soteriology. The doctrine of salvation.

The believer is literally a new creation

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Cor 5:17

The "new creation" is just that. The old nature is gone, and the believer, who is now in Christ, is one spirit with Him, and has a new nature. Because they have His life, they are partakers of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:4).

Jesus came to give us His life

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

The abundant life is the life of God. It is eternal. It is His life that we receive by His Spirit that dwells in us. It is the Spirit that gives life.

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." John 6:63

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." 2 Cor 3:6

The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." 1 Cor 15:45

Jesus came to give us His life, which is received when we receive the Holy Spirit. Those who have received Jesus, have His life.

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." 1 John 5:11-12

It is His life that saves us. Salvation is receiving His life.

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Rom 5:10

It is no longer our life, but His life (Gal 2:20). We now belong to Him He is now our life

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" Col 3:4

Again...

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" Gal 2:20

Jesus gave His life for us, so that He could give His life to us, in order that having His life in us, we can walk by faith knowing that His life will never leave us.

Jerry Shugart

The lord Jesus told the Jews that none of them keep the law:

"Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Right Divider

Body part
The lord Jesus told the Jews that none of them keep the law:

"Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
Are you familiar with a figure of speech called a generalization?

What do you make of this?
Luk 1:5-6 KJV There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. (6) And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

grumix8

BANNED
Banned
Yep, because we cannot.

You're delusional, and a liar. You don't keep the laws and/or "suggestions" of God.

I have never said or insinuated any such nonsense, nor do you have any proof that I have. Again, you are a liar.
no reason to call someone A liar, were all mature civilized people.

grumix8

BANNED
Banned
Salvation by faith is based on the faith simple as that and we keep the law so were not saved but to love our father in heaven. Remember we are baptized and saved the law does not save us. Neither our own efforts becuase God's will must be done.

Jerry Shugart

Are you familiar with a figure of speech called a generalization?

Do you actually think that any of the Jews who lived under the law lived up to the Lord Jesus' definition of how to keep the law?:

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 3Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. 39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" (Mt.22:35-39_.

What about Paul's words here?:

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain"(Gal.2:21).

Right Divider

Body part
What about Paul's words here?:
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain"(Gal.2:21).
What about it? Did I claim that they were righteousness enough to earn eternal life? No, I did not and never have. Even though you continually try to twist my words to say that.

Again... stick to this verse for a microsecond.
Luk 1:6 KJV And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
Does it not mean what it clearly says?