What does "OTHER" mean?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(((( OH YES, YOU ARE A (( """CHRISTIAN"""!!!!!! )) ALL RIGHT!!!!!

NOTHINMG BUT The Most Hateful and Despised Creature on TOL!!!! -- How could ANYONE SUPPORT YOUR STUPID HATE MONGERING??? Even Satan has FRIRNDS!!!!!

Why is it I can't ever say ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU SPITTING YOUR (((((( HATE ON ME ))))))))???????????? -- No one can get by with that kind of Hate here BUT ((((( YOU )))))!!!!!

How Do You get away with that????

Take it AGAIN AND SHOVE IT IN YOUR HATETING NOSE!!!!

NO ONE AND NOTHING!!!!!!! TODAY

Maybe it's cause I wear nice shoes? And, change the laces every 3 months or so?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Letsargue is one of GMs favorite posters. It doesn't matter to me that he
can't spell worth beans, isn't very articulate, and not overly sane, he just
has a wonderful personality that makes up for his 'many' shortcomings.

He may lack a sense of humor, and his behavior is rather 'boorish' and
infantile, but he has something that few posters have; a mind that can
balance itself between reality and madness. And, for that, he has my
earnest appreciation and utmost respect!

shagster01

"Other" for me means taoist. taoism (at least real taoism) is not a religion, just a fact. But it's the closest thing I have to religion.

I did have a yin yang as my avatar until I jokingly changed it for another thread the other day, so that should have helped people know.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You aren't safe, yourself.
Oh, yes I "are saved"! :p

Our apostle Paul writes that those who have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth "are saved" (past tense, present possession).

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Our apostle Paul writes that those who have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth "are saved" (past tense, present possession).

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Simply put, you're right Heir, Omni is not only wrong he probably
can't understand how you have confidence in your eternity!

I wonder if he's even in the Body of Christ, many aren't!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Simply put, you're right Heir, Omni is not only wrong he probably
can't understand how you you have confidence in your eternity!

I wonder if he's even in the Body of Christ, many aren't!

If he's never had a moment in his life when he trusted the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of his salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV): he's not in the Body.

Thunder's Muse

I must admit, I have trouble with posters who use; OTHER as
part of their description. More times then not, if you ask them,
"What does other stand for, they either won't answer or they
get real defensive. I've asked them, "What church or denomination
have you/are you affiliated with?" I get the same avoidance tactic,
or some vague answer.

Why are posters so 'bothered' by answering a simple question? After
all, this is a 'religious discussion forum!' By not answering, it seems
as though they're trying to hide something? Such as; perhaps they're
a member of an unpopular or controversial movement or cult? Why
not have full disclosure on a religious forum? What would be the harm?

Someone once said; "Honesty is the best policy." So, why not just
be up front when asked such a harmless and simple question? Are
there any GOOD reasons for not answering such a question? Some
may say; "It's none of anyone's business!" However, if we're going
to have a serious discussion based on religious beliefs, why not KNOW
who you're dealing with, and why they believe, what they believe?

I have 'other' simply because I don't belong to a church or identify with any particular denomination. Nothing sneaky about it, I just don't feel I fit into any particular category :)

glorydaz

(((( OH YES, YOU ARE A (( """CHRISTIAN"""!!!!!! )) ALL RIGHT!!!!!

NOTHINMG BUT The Most Hateful and Despised Creature on TOL!!!! -- How could ANYONE SUPPORT YOUR STUPID HATE MONGERING??? Even Satan has FRIRNDS!!!!!

Why is it I can't ever say ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU SPITTING YOUR (((((( HATE ON ME ))))))))???????????? -- No one can get by with that kind of Hate here BUT ((((( YOU )))))!!!!!

How Do You get away with that????

Take it AGAIN AND SHOVE IT IN YOUR HATETING NOSE!!!!

NO ONE AND NOTHING!!!!!!! TODAY

You're reading hate into GM's posts, and it isn't there. It simply isn't there. Why do you do that?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have 'other' simply because I don't belong to a church or identify with any particular denomination. Nothing sneaky about it, I just don't feel I fit into any particular category :)
I just want you to know that if you're saved you do belong to the church, which is His Body! :)

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

And BTW, Ephesians is where you and I fit in to God's eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

glorydaz

It's that ASSURANCE of salvation that proves we're saved. I always say, 'if you aren't sure, you aren't assured. Best to examine yourself whether you be in the faith.' One must be fully persuaded that what God has promised HE IS ABLE to perform. These people who count on themselves and their own ability to perform are only fooling themselves....and it's sad.