ECT What exactly happens if someone refuses to repent?

Timotheos

In Luke 13:3 Jesus said "No, I tell you; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

Here is my question:
What happens to a person if they refuse to repent of their sins?
Do they perish as Jesus says, or are they sent to Hell to be eternally tormented alive forever?

I think that they perish, just as Jesus Christ said.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In Luke 13:3 Jesus said "No, I tell you; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

Here is my question:
Do they perish as Jesus says, or are they sent to Hell to be eternally tormented alive forever?

They perish (no longer exist) until they are resurrected.

DAN P

They perish (no longer exist) until they are resurrected.

Hi and 1 Cor 2:14 is why no one REPENTS in the Age of the MYSTERY !!

How can a dead man REPENT when all people are DEAD in sin !!

There are scriptual verss that address that issue BUT you are a Water and Repent student of Pentecostalism !!

dan p

genuineoriginal

Here is my question:

The Bible only mentions one being that will be eternally tormented alive forever.

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.​

Everyone else will have their body and soul destroyed

Matthew 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.​

The spirit of every man returns to God

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Here is my question:

The old man perishes but that is not the end.

john w

Hall of Fame

Here is my question:

1.You assume the word "repent," is always in the context of repenting of your sins. Wrong assumption, as....

2. No one can repent of all of their sins-no one.

EOT.DOA. RIP.

Timotheos

1.You assume the word "repent," is always in the context of repenting of your sins. Wrong assumption, as....

EOT.DOA. RIP.

That's something to think about. Can you tell me more? I know the greek word for repent is metanoia, a change of mind. Interesting, I want to hear more, please.

musterion

That's something to think about. Can you tell me more? I know the greek word for repent is metanoia, a change of mind. Interesting, I want to hear more, please.

That's really all there is to it. To load the word with any sense of "being sorry for my sin" is not supported by the word itself.

john w

Hall of Fame

Thanks for the gracious response.

Correct-"change of mind."

The LORD God repented, as did Judas. So, obviously, "repent" is not always in the context of "sins."

Danoh

A good little study on repentance... http://www.acts17-11.com/repent.html

Didn't care for it; too much "one size fits all" gospel.

I mean, one might read it, and find that it makes sense.

Then, just because it does, one then concludes it does.

But there is a difference between buying into a thing because it appears to make sense to us and doing a bit of actual Acts 17:11 research before allowing oneself to conclude that the sense a thing appears to make is in reality, sensible; that it is sound.

And applying an Acts 17:11 perspective to what one reads or hears is not as simple as Acts 17:11.

Other principles are involved...

Absent of that, that article ended up the typical "one size fits all" gospel that is the standard of far too many.

Last edited:

elohiym

I agree the wicked perish as it is written: "But the wicked will perish; And the enemies of the LORD will be like the glory of the pastures, They vanish-- like smoke they vanish away."

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

EOT.DOA. RIP.

No one will.

Nor will their minds be changed without going through the operation of God.

The most one can muster until the times of refreshing is to want to.

The times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord can happen here as well as at the time of ones literal death.

Last edited: