Theology Club: What happened to this forum?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would also like to know all the verses that point to the differences so I can memorize them.
Here are a few:

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Here are some more:

http://trustingthelord.com/TextFiles/Prophecy_vs_Mystery.html

Jerry Shugart

He preached the kingdom to the circumcision. They had to obey and endure to the end in order to be saved.

I hate to bust your bubble but the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that if they would "believe" then they would receive eternal life:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Jerry Shugart

He preached the kingdom to the circumcision. They had to obey and endure to the end in order to be saved.

How do you explain His words in the following verse?:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

DAN P

Way2go,

I am also having a hard time with this verse: "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43 KJV)"

Isn't Peter preaching Grace through Faith here?

Hi and if you read Acts 10:46 , we see that Peter is preaching water baptism and we know that Paul was not sent to baptize BUT to preach the Gospel in , 1 Cor 17!!

And many will say , BUT read 1 Cor 1:14-17 and will say that Paul BAPTIZED , really !!

Read Acts 19:2-6 we see that Paul laid his hands on these disciples , verse 1 , and in verse 6 after Paul laids his hands on them , they were BAPTIZED with the Holy Spirit and not with water !

In verse 4 John indeed BAPTIZED / BAPTISMA with a BAPTISM / BAPRIZO of Repentance , which are two different Greek words !!

In verse 4 BAPTISMA means one who baptizes and the other Greek word word BAPTIZO / BAPTISM means water Baptism unto to Repentance , LINKED only to Israel !!

dan p

DAN P

As late as Acts 16:30-33 Paul was still baptizing believers with water.

Hi Jerry and Paul NEVER baptized with water , and here is the verse that everyone MISSES .

1 Cor 1:15 reads , lest anyone should say that I HAD BAPTIZED FOR MY NAME .

The Greek word ANY ONE / TIS is in the Greek NOMINATIVE CASE which means it is the SUBJECT of this verse and Paul means ANYONE should SAY I BAPTIZED .

The next Greek word MINE / EMOS is in the Greek ACCUSATIVE CASE and that Paul could not use his name ( PAUL ) to WATER BAPTIZE , ANYONE !

Where did Paul ever say I baptize you in the name of Paul / never !

In Matt 28::19 they were to WATER BAPTIZE in the name of the FATHER , the SON and in the HOLY SPIRIT !

Or Baptize in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS , Acts 19:5 .

Or as in Acts 8:12 , BAPTIZED IN THE NAME of JESUS CHRIST .!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and Paul NEVER baptized with water , and here is the verse that everyone MISSES .

Dan, here is what Paul said:

"I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius" (1 Cor.1:14).​

That means Paul baptized both Crispus and Gaius.

DAN P

Dan, here is what Paul said:

"I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius" (1 Cor.1:14).​

That means Paul baptized both Crispus and Gaius.

Hi Jerry and in Acts 18:5-8 so who water baptized Crispus and expain verse 7 and verse 8?

How about Acts 19:2-6 and who BAPTIZED them ?

How was Paul baptized ? Check 1 Cor 12:3 ?

dan p

DAN P

As late as Acts 16:30-33 Paul was still baptizing believers with water.

Hi Jerry and good to see you here at TOL .

#1 , Here nis what 1 Cor 1:15 means !

#1 , The Greek word ANY / TIS is in the NOMINATIVE CASE .

#2 , MINE / OWN / EMOS is in the ACCUSAITIVE CASE is LIMITED to baptize in his own name , so where did Paul ever say , I BAPTIZE YOU IN THE NAME OF PAUL , NO WHERE <.

#3 And in Paul's NAME / ONOMA is also in the ACCUSAITIVE CASE , that means Paul would HAVE TO BAPTIZE in Paul's name , which Paul never DID .

If you do want to check these CASES , check BIBLE HUB or BLUE LETTER BIBLE and SEE .

dan p