What is it that the Devil wants more than anything else?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I guess I missed where Satan has asked for God's forgiveness and desires to return to Heaven.
He was kicked out of paradise, according to the prevailing myth.

But we must remember what Jesus told us:

"I saw Satan fall from the sky like lightning." Satan was no longer a threat since the appearance of Jesus.

Evil is evil but my faith tells me it can always be redeemed. And it is in many ways on a daily basis.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He was kicked out of paradise, according to the prevailing myth.

But we must remember what Jesus told us:

"I saw Satan fall from the sky like lightning." Satan was no longer a threat since the appearance of Jesus.

Evil is evil but my faith tells me it can always be redeemed. And it is in many ways on a daily basis.

Prevailing myth, how about truth.

Satan will NEVER be redeemed.

Revelation 20:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Prevailing myth, how about truth.

Satan will NEVER be redeemed.

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
I see myth as the closest that imperfect humans like ourselves can know the truth.

It is a different way of seeing, for the everyday world of factually correct, logic and rationality does not work any longer. That is an obvious fact looking at the world today.

Jesus did not speak in factually correct terms. He taught in parables. He did not preach propositional theology.

There was no woman who baked bread and got an unnaturally large yield. There was no Jericho Police Department that had a record of a beaten traveler left lying on the road. The parable of the sower was not about gardening methods in lower Galilee.

The Bible contains many myths, allegories and legends--sometimes put alongside the historical events that actually happened.

Do you believe that the curtain in the temple tore in two the moment Jesus died on the cross? It makes no common sense to me.

It is a myth, in my opinion, that speaks to the TRUTH of God's Presence and Power is available to ALL humanity at last. He is no longer the province of the priests and mediators in the Temple.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Revelation is a profound gospel put in heavy metaphorical and mythological images. I can't help it if most Christians continue to literalize and make into facts the sacred language of their traditions. I try not to. I take all metaphors and myths--however expressed--very seriously. They are part of the sacred, God-breathed Scripture I am bound to study.

The era that John of Patmos wrote Revelation was a horrific period where Rome (Babylon) was persecuting the early Christians with fire, sword and wholesale slaughter. Nero (the Beast) eventually ended up killing (probably with crucifixion) both Peter and Paul in the late 60s.

On or about the year 70, the whole empire was involved in the horrible Roman-Jewish war--something the wise and the prophets (including Jesus) saw coming from a mile away.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for acknowledging that Holy Scripture is one big "prevailing myth" to sickos people like you.
I guess you could say it is--because it is profoundly true.

Myth is truth--one of the few ways besides poetry that can show us.
That's my view.

But you already know that. You are intent on arguing with me every place I post.

truthjourney

He wants to be worshipped.
Matt. 4:9 And said unto him, All these things will I give you, if you will fall down and worship me.
And many people do worship him. We are involved in spiritual warfare. We need to know who the real enemy is.
1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess you could say it is--because it is profoundly true.

Myth is truth--one of the few ways besides poetry that can show us.
That's my view.

But you already know that. You are intent on arguing with me exposing my blasphemous lies every place I post.

Fixed that for ya.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for acknowledging that Holy Scripture is one big "prevailing myth" to sickos people like you.
Jesus will redeem EVERYONE. Even the Book of Revelations says that. Mythically, of course.

The beasts and the chaos that erupted from John of Patmos's faith were not real. But they were very real in the sense of divine truths.

We choose to lie on our backs and look at the clouds and make shapes of them. Or we look into the night sky and see constellations. And every group sees different ones. We have just chosen to see the sky through the eyes of the Greeks.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Fixed that for ya.
That is DEFINITELY your intention.

Now if you could only recognize the logs in your own eye and pay more attention to the not-so-good EFFECTS of your "good intentions."

You are straying from Jesus's teachings.

I think, though, that you already know that and simply do not care anymore.