What is salvation to you?

Jamie Gigliotti

Salvation to me is the real presence of Jesus. His love, His peace, His joy, His Spirit. It is right now! Not even the hope that I will possibly experience, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

Why hope for what can not be fathomed? Find hope in Him now. He is everything!

heir

TOL Subscriber
What is salvation to you?

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Salvation to me is the real presence of Jesus. His love, His peace, His joy, His Spirit. It is right now! Not even the hope that I will possibly experience, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

Salvation is all about transformation in THIS life.
No blood sacrifice is needed: Jesus offered and granted many salvation long before the crucifixion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It is about being rid of the old man, not turning over a new leaf. Salvation is moving from death to life.

No blood sacrifice is needed: Jesus offered and granted many salvation long before the crucifixion.

1 Corinthians 1

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Jamie Gigliotti

Why? Does it have to be one or the other?

It seems so many get caught up in the next life that is unfathomable; that they miss Jesus right here and now. Everything else is rubbish.

"Indeed I count everything as a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I might gain Christ." Phillipians 3:8
May it be so in me, in Jesus name!

There seems to be so much haggling about the future. What does it take to Know him now, to experience Him now?

Nothing before Him. All things rubbish compared to Him. No idols.

Jamie Gigliotti

He would not have gone to the cross if it was not needed. No one took His life. He laid it down for His love. Transformation comes through the Spirit by Grace and our submission to the Holy Spirit. No one earns the Holy Spirit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do we want Jesus and fellowship with him, or just what we want saved from at the end?

Repent. To have salvation is to have his life. We are complete in him. The saints are indwelt and have the mind of Christ. I am certain you think you will be rewarded for having a personal relationship and not backsliding.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He would not have gone to the cross if it was not needed. No one took His life. He laid it down for His love. Transformation comes through the Spirit by Grace and our submission to the Holy Spirit. No one earns the Holy Spirit.

yes, they murdered Him - you're confused -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

are you trying to love your way to heaven ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

And that is the bottom line. We in Christ are dead to sin and alive to God. The fellowship comes after salvation, not before.

Jamie Gigliotti

Repent. To have salvation is to have his life. We are complete in him. The saints are indwelt and have the mind of Christ. I am certain you think you will be rewarded for having a personal relationship and not backsliding.

I trust in His promises of eternal life through Him, His grace and His Spirit in us, although I think it No one any good to take Him for granted.
The point of my post is the contrast of focusing on His saving presence from the Hell on Earth we experience without Him, His love, His joy, His peace; vs focusing on being saved from eternal fire and losing Him right here right now in the process, because the focus is on what we get from Him at the end instead of on Him right now.