ECT What is your favorite part of being a Christian or knowing God and Jesus the Christ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you mean Jesus' resurrection and do you mean to say you do not believe you have been born again but you do believe you are saved?

Born again is from John 3. Tell me if you meet this standard set by the Lord Jesus Christ. Then you will have the answer.

John 3

8The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Born again is from John 3. Tell me if you meet this standard set by the Lord Jesus Christ. Then you will have the answer.

John 3

8The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
I believe I am born of the Spirit, Nick M.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 1:21 NASB - For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

We should be preaching the cross!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe I am born of the Spirit, Nick M.

The word gennao can mean born or begotten. In the KJV the word refers to begettal more often than it does to birth.

Unless you are able to come and go like the wind so that no one can tell where you came from or where you are going how can you say that you have been born of the Spirit?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The word gennao can mean born or begotten. In the KJV the word refers to begettal more often than it does to birth.

Unless you are able to come and go like the wind so that no one can tell where you came from or where you are going how can you say that you have been born of the Spirit?
I'm sorry, but are you saying it is impossible to be born of the Spirit and so therefore you believe that I am not born of the Spirit, that I am not born again?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, it depends on what a person means by preaching the cross.

What do you believe preaching the cross is?

Isaiah 53.

An example of Jesus' preaching is Matthew 5 where Jesus preached about righteousness and God's kingdom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 53.

An example of Jesus' preaching is Matthew 5 where Jesus preached about righteousness and God's kingdom.
You do have a great scripture reference about the cross.

You also say that Jesus preached about righteousness and God's kingdom.

Do you remember that Jesus told His disciples about the death that He was going to die?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you remember that Jesus told His disciples about the death that He was going to die?

Jesus spoke plainly to his disciples and explained his parables so they would understand his message.

Jesus spoke to the multitudes in parables lest they understand and be converted.

Where is the parable of the cross?

OCTOBER23

My Fav part of being a Christian is knowing that there is only 5 years left

after the 2016 War in the Middle East when we NON-Christmas Christians

will be Raptured to the place that JESUS prepared for us.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so,
I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,
and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath
a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there
a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sorry, but are you saying it is impossible to be born of the Spirit and so therefore you believe that I am not born of the Spirit, that I am not born again?

It's what Jesus said. Jesus was born of woman and he was born of the Spirit by a resurrection from death as we will be.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus spoke plainly to his disciples and explained his parables so they would understand his message.

Jesus spoke to the multitudes in parables lest they understand and be converted.

Where is the parable of the cross?
I don't know about a parable of the cross.

I know about the message of the cross. Jesus' death was not pointless. There is a meaning to it and for it. It's not just about doing the right thing even when faced with death. It is about how He being perfect and righteous and blameless, having never sinned, died to save sinners.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My Fav part of being a Christian is knowing that there is only 5 years left

after the 2016 War in the Middle East when we NON-Christmas Christians

will be Raptured to the place that JESUS prepared for us.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so,
I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,
and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath
a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there
a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
2016 hasn't happened yet.

OCTOBER23, are you saying you believe yourself to be a prophet, or are you repeating something you have heard or what?

It is very important to not misuse scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's what Jesus said. Jesus was born of woman and he was born of the Spirit by a resurrection from death as we will be.
Born of the Spirit, as I understand it, does not pertain to resurrection from death.

PhilipJames

What about that He who started the work will be faithful to complete it in you?

I don't have a verse for that.

Hi Jacob,

It's ok you don't need to cite chapter and verse to me..;)

What a beautiful HOPE that gives us who struggle in our walk.. What a great promise to help us to endure!!

This verse (amongst many) gives us assurance that if we remain in HIM we WILL receive eternal life!

But can we say that it gives assurance to those that fall away? To those that abandon their faith and deny HIM?

Consider the parable of the sower.. (matt 13: 1-23) ... will those 'sown on the rocky ground' or those sown 'amongst the thorns' be saved?

Perhaps, Jesus in HIS great mercy will save them anyway.. but can we say that with assurance?

We can say with assurance that the seed sown on good soil.. that which produces fruit will be saved...

but as for the others, we can hope in GOD's mercy, but we can't give them assurance in my opinion...

Peace!
PJ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi Jacob,

It's ok you don't need to cite chapter and verse to me..;)

What a beautiful HOPE that gives us who struggle in our walk.. What a great promise to help us to endure!!

This verse (amongst many) gives us assurance that if we remain in HIM we WILL receive eternal life!

But can we say that it gives assurance to those that fall away? To those that abandon their faith and deny HIM?

Consider the parable of the sower.. (matt 13: 1-23) ... will those 'sown on the rocky ground' or those sown 'amongst the thorns' be saved?

Perhaps, Jesus in HIS great mercy will save them anyway.. but can we say that with assurance?

We can say with assurance that the seed sown on good soil.. that which produces fruit will be saved...

but as for the others, we can hope in GOD's mercy, but we can't give them assurance in my opinion...

Peace!
PJ
If you don't know if you are saved yourself, it will be difficult to seek out the answer to if you can provide assurance of salvation to other people.

1 John 5:13. 2 Corinthians 13:5, 6. Romans 8:9.