What it means to be pro life...

This Charming Manc

A quote

I found this

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life.

In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed.

And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there.

That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."​

discuss..........

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A quote

I found this

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life.

In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed.

And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there.

That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."​

discuss..........

According to your definition, I am prolife ... because the concern for the health and welfare of a child shouldn't end after he/she is born.

brewmama

A quote

I found this

discuss..........

As usual you get everything wrong. You're just pro-dependency, pro-abortion, malicious slanderer, and utopian who believes government and income redistribution can solve all problems, and ignore all the damage that your philosophy causes.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As usual you get everything wrong. You're just pro-dependency, pro-abortion, malicious slanderer, and utopian who believes government and income redistribution can solve all problems, and ignore all the damage that your philosophy causes.

Temporary assistance does not equate to pro-dependency. I am every bit as anti-abortion (even in cases of rape) as anyone else on this forum.

Granite

Hall of Fame
A quote

I found this

discuss..........

All true, but it seems this becomes a pocketbook matter for people who immediately start talking about freeloaders, handouts, and the like. As though bringing a baby into the world just magically makes everything better.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All true, but it seems this becomes a pocketbook matter for people who immediately start talking about freeloaders, handouts, and the like. As though bringing a baby into the world just magically makes everything better.

I don't believe better is the right word. It is definitely harder financially and brings about more challenges.

The blessing of a child outweighs the turmoil of financial hardships. I am not saying it's easy, just rewarding in the end.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't believe better is the right word. It is definitely harder financially and brings about more challenges.

The blessing of a child outweighs the turmoil of financial hardships. I am not saying it's easy, just rewarding in the end.

For some people, yes. But any idiot can have a baby. Raising a child's something else.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For some people, yes. But any idiot can have a baby. Raising a child's something else.

An idiot would either abort the child OR raise the child even though they knew the child would have a better life if they were raised by loving parents via adoption.

brewmama

Temporary assistance does not equate to pro-dependency. I am every bit as anti-abortion (even in cases of rape) as anyone else on this forum.

I don't believe 3rd and 4th generation welfare dependency is "temporary assistance". Consider how quickly the black family has been shattered, even more so than under slavery, since liberal policies became enacted.
To hear you guys, it is unbelievable that humanity has survived as long as it has, since during most of history poverty has been the rule rather than the exception, and in spite of many children and lack of abortion or welfare, we survived.

And I never said you weren't anti-abortion. I wasn't even talking to you.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe 3rd and 4th generation welfare dependency is "temporary assistance". Consider how quickly the black family has been shattered, even more so than under slavery, since liberal policies became enacted.

Obviously there was a a reason I stated *temporary assistance*.

To hear you guys, it is unbelievable that humanity has survived as long as it has, since during most of history poverty has been the rule rather than the exception, and in spite of many children and lack of abortion or welfare, we survived.

You guys, eh? What exactly did I state that would lead you to believe I meant "just give everyone welfare for THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!"? Oh that's right, I never implied any such thing.

BTW, in what conditions do you believe a pregnant woman without health coverage would give birth to her baby in? IF she has no health coverage and is worried about being charged thousands of dollars in hospital fees, then certainly you would advise her to take her chances and give birth at home (if she has one), by herself, correct?

Oh, I must have misinterpreted your reply of "you guys" TO ME as being meant for me.

brewmama

Oh, I must have misinterpreted your reply of "you guys" TO ME as being meant for me.

Maybe you should go back and reread the thread. This isn't the first time you seem to be totally lost and unable to follow the conversation.

Granite

Hall of Fame

It is unbelievable we've lasted this long.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe you should go back and reread the thread. .

No thanks. I read it fine the first time. My sole concern is for the unborn and BORN children. Forgetting them once they are born is not an option ...

This Charming Manc

where on earth do you get the impression i'm pro abortion?

Daniel1769

The discussion is Hegelian. You want to present 2 options: Either support abortion, or oppose it and support a big government welfare state. You're trying to present two extreme options as if they are the only options. This is demagoguery 101.

This Charming Manc

I'm doing nothing of the sort, I'm strongly pro life, but in the way that the person I took the quote from believes.

Pro life needs to go far beyond being pro birth.

The discussion is Hegelian. You want to present 2 options: Either support abortion, or oppose it and support a big government welfare state. You're trying to present two extreme options as if they are the only options. This is demagoguery 101.