ECT What prophecy in the Bible has yet to occur according to you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What prophecy in the Bible has yet to occur according to you?

Can someone else here show from what they know of scripture that it has already occurred?

There are prophecies pertaining to the Messiah and prophecies that are eschatological in nature, as a for example.

Saying that a prophecy has been fulfilled is serious business. For that which is obvious from scripture it is also serious to say something has not yet been fulfilled that has.

For example, Jesus died on the cross and Jesus brought the new covenant. Both of these are a fulfillment of prophecy.

DAN P

Untellectual;418 For example said:
Hi and the New Covenant has yet to be be FULFILLED !!

The next Prophecy , yet to be Fulfilled is in the Dispensation of Grace , in Rom 11:25 , " when the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in " AND then God will again deal with Israel , Rom 11:26 !!

dan p

nodelink

Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call his Name, Emmanuel, God with us. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23) (Fulfilled)

But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, Though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. (Micah 5:20)

Note: Micah 5:20 verse contains several phrases and includes fulfilled prophecy concerning Messiah coming out of Bethlehem as well as unfulfilled prophecy about Messiah being a ruler in Israel. The verse also supports the dual nature of Jesus as God-Man whose goings forth have been from everlasting.

See also the prophecies concerning Christ's sufferings in Isaiah 53.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and the New Covenant has yet to be be FULFILLED !!

The next Prophecy , yet to be Fulfilled is in the Dispensation of Grace , in Rom 11:25 , " when the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in " AND then God will again deal with Israel , Rom 11:26 !!

dan p
Do you mean to tell me that it is your belief that we do not yet have the new covenant?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call his Name, Emmanuel, God with us. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23) (Fulfilled)

But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, Though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. (Micah 5:20)

Note: Micah 5:20 verse contains several phrases and includes fulfilled prophecy concerning Messiah coming out of Bethlehem as well as unfulfilled prophecy about Messiah being a ruler in Israel. The verse also supports the dual nature of Jesus as God-Man whose goings forth have been from everlasting.

See also the prophecies concerning Christ's sufferings in Isaiah 53.
On Messiah being a ruler in Israel do you believe He was not?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Romans were the rulers when Christ was crucified and Pharisees were influential around the temple.
Christ is at least identified as a King upon entering the city, all the way back to His birth, before Pilate, and on the cross.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"What prophecy in the Bible has yet to occur according to you?

Can someone else here show from what they know of scripture that it has already occurred?"

[Excerpt: Old Testament Prophecies and Their New Testament Fulfillment by Jesus Christ InPlainSite.org] "Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors. (The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 102000 (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!" Full text: The Odds

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[Excerpt: Old Testament Prophecies and Their New Testament Fulfillment by Jesus Christ InPlainSite.org] "Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors. (The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 102000 (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!" Full text: The Odds
It's just a question of each individual prophecy and if it has been fulfilled or not.

JosephR

Mythra has the same odds,,, so does a few other egyptian gods..and several others... just saying

nodelink

I think of Revelation 3:21. I know Jesus already is or already was King.

After His Crucifixion and Resurrection, Jesus ascended to heaven and, yes, there is it reasonable to believe that He sits upon a throne.

When Jesus came the first time to earth, it was different for Jesus than how it will be when Jesus returns. Jesus then was arrayed briefly as a king but in the context of being crowned with thorns, spat upon, beaten, mocked and then crucified.

When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified. - Matthew 27:29–31

nodelink

Have you ever read Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)? He makes a case for others to pray for fulfillment of unfulfilled prophecy in his work called:

AN
HUMBLE ATTEMPT
TO PROMOTE
EXPLICIT AGREEMENT AND VISIBLE UNION OF GOD’S PEOPLE,
IN
EXTRAORDINARY PRAYER,
FOR THE REVIVAL OF RELIGION AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF CHRIST’S KINGDOM ON EARTH

An Humble Attempt... is based on this unfulfilled text of Zechariah 8:20-22 referring to Christ ruling from Jerusalem...

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: and the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
After His Crucifixion and Resurrection, Jesus ascended to heaven and, yes, there is it reasonable to believe that He sits upon a throne.

When Jesus came the first time to earth, it was different for Jesus than how it will be when Jesus returns. Jesus then was arrayed briefly as a king but in the context of being crowned with thorns, spat upon, beaten, mocked and then crucified.

When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified. - Matthew 27:29–31
I don't think that was the only way in which Jesus was shown to be King.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever read Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)? He makes a case for others to pray for fulfillment of unfulfilled prophecy in his work called:

AN
HUMBLE ATTEMPT
TO PROMOTE
EXPLICIT AGREEMENT AND VISIBLE UNION OF GOD’S PEOPLE,
IN
EXTRAORDINARY PRAYER,
FOR THE REVIVAL OF RELIGION AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF CHRIST’S KINGDOM ON EARTH

An Humble Attempt... is based on this unfulfilled text of Zechariah 8:20-22 referring to Christ ruling from Jerusalem...

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: and the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
I just finished Threefold Gold actually. The first section is the Jonathan Edwards section, but I can't remember exactly what was there. You are referring to a Bible verse/passage which I assume you are getting from one of his texts or sermons.

DAN P

Do you mean to tell me that it is your belief that we do not yet have the new covenant?

Hi , and the CONTEXT never FAZES the un-initiated and refuse to see the context of Ezek 36:24 , as it just confirms , that He is speaking to Israel about the New Covenant !

Also , Heb 8:8 and make a New Covenant with the House Israel and Judah ,:crackup::crackup:

Let me know when you find one given to Gentiles as Eph 2:12 TRUMPS IT !!

dan p