What will our resurrected bodies be like according to the bible?

Jerry Shugart

In order to get a clue as to what our new body will be when we meet the Lord Jesus in the air let us look at his resurrected body.

After He was raised from the dead He was recognized by those who previously knew Him but we can see that later something happened which resulted in two of His disciples not to recognize Him (Lk.24:16). So evidently his face was changed. He could eat and be touched but He could also appear in locked rooms. He also ascended into heaven.

I believe that the bodies in which we will be raised will be like that. Those bodies will be adaptable to fit the environment in which they exist. When in heaven we will have a heavenly, spiritual body and while on the earth we will have a earthly, natural body.

Does the body which the Lord Jesus has on now is the one where He looks like a Lamb with seven horns and seven eyes (Rev.5:6) or a body like the one described by John at Revelation 1:13-17?

I believe that since the Lord is now in a body which we are not equipped to see that John was given a "vision" of the Lord Jesus in heaven. I do not presume that Lord Jesus’ body has to conform to the dimensions that we know. Although we exist in an four dimensational environment I do not presume that the eternal environment is so limited.

While in heaven the Lord Jesus is described this way:

"Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever"
(1 Tim.1:7).​

That Greek word translated "invisible" means "either, not seen i.e. 'unseen,' or that which cannot be seen i.e. 'invisible.' In the latter sense of God....Tim. i:17" (Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon).

The Lord Jesus, in His "spiritual" body, cannot be seen because in our earthly, natural bodies we are not equipped to see Him. But those who will have spiritual bodies will indeed be able to see Him (Rev.22:3-4).

Any comments?