ECT what will PENTECOSTALS DO ABOUT , Acts 1:6 ?

DAN P

Read the verse for what it says--

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Hi , and you quoted 1 Cor 13:12 , SO , explain what it means , as you just a NODDY !!:madmad::madmad:

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and you quoted 1 Cor 13:12 , SO , explain what it means , as you just a NODDY !!:madmad::madmad:

DAN P

Seeing in a glass darkly is not referring to seeing oneself darkly, but seeing Christ darkly and later shall we see Him face to face.

That has not happened yet, but for some they do not see Him at all.

LA

andyc

Seeing in a glass darkly is not referring to seeing oneself darkly, but seeing Christ darkly and later shall we see Him face to face.

That has not happened yet, but for some they do not see Him at all.

LA

That's right.
Obviously the "in part" is talking about seeing by faith. As Peter said, although you have not seen him (Christ) you love him. It's very awkward for the natural mind to interpret spiritual laws, because the concept of God, the spiritual realm, eternity, Christ as a man in heaven, etc is incredibly vague to the human mind. And therefore faith is our anchor, and the gifts of the Spirit are here to aid us.
But when we are there, everything is clear, and there is no more faith, and the gifts. But love remains forever.

andyc

Hi , and I grew up in a Pentecostal and Assembly of God , So Baptist , Nazarene and Church of Christ Assembly .

The only one that made sense , was when our pastor explained it dispensationally , and he spent many hours explaining it .

If your pastor explained it as you currently understand it, he wasn't pentecostal, was he? So that doesn't make sense.

Most Pentecostals will never understand Pauline truth nor can they HANDLE it as it is Spiritualy Discerned , even those they claim , that they are indwelt by the Holy Spirit !!

Your claim that pentecostals are not spiritual, is completely valueless to pentecostals in an internet forum discussion. We will just understand that you have no interest in the power of God.

All of the verbs in Acts 2:17-21 are all in the IMPERFECT TENSE as they were put into operation in the Past time and then stopped !!

I'm not sure where you are getting this from. While the apostles are speaking in the hearers native language, the people are responding with amazement, and the tense is imperfect. But the explanation by Peter of what it meant using Joel's prophecy, is not in the imperfect tense. You'll have to explain this.

When have you heard of the where the Sun was turned to Darkness , and the Moon turned to blood ??

Most believers will never believe that Israel has been set aside for at least , some 2000 years !

Peter is talking about the last days leading up to it's climax where the Lord will reappear at a time when the universe is going into meltdown.

andyc

Amen! Because of unbelief they throw the baby out with the bath water. My question is, why do they want to believe they are right except for the of issue pride and the feeling of obligating themselves to accept something they intellectually can't explain? Reflecting on my experiences with those of such "persuasion", I am of the opinion that elitism comes into play.

Once people convince themselves that tongues definitely passed away with the apostles, the dilemma they face is, how do you deal with those who claim to speak in tongues?
Many pentecostals will seem very sincere, well educated, down to earth, and theologically sound, except for the fact they speak in tongues. And so people like Macarthur will wonder why sensible people will waste time babbling away pointlessly with gibberish which has no purpose whatsoever. The only possible explanation he could come to is 'demonic deception'.
Speaking in tongues is one of the most beneficial gifts to have, but it is not very spectacular at all to those who hear it. As Paul explains, its like a sounding gong, something rather irritating. Those who speak in a tongues are not saying anything beneficial to anyone, they are privately speaking to God from their spirit. It's insulting to the natural mind, and therefore requires humility to except it.

It really boils down to how they interpret scripture in their conscience. The argument against the gifts of the Spirit continuing today are very flimsy indeed, and so it takes some serious effort on their part to build a convincing case against it. As they do this, they will have no choice but to harden their heart building an argument that they know deep down is nonsense.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Once people convince themselves that tongues definitely passed away with the apostles, the dilemma they face is, how do you deal with those who claim to speak in tongues?
Many pentecostals will seem very sincere, well educated, down to earth, and theologically sound, except for the fact they speak in tongues. And so people like Macarthur will wonder why sensible people will waste time babbling away pointlessly with gibberish which has no purpose whatsoever. The only possible explanation he could come to is 'demonic deception'.
Speaking in tongues is one of the most beneficial gifts to have, but it is not very spectacular at all to those who hear it. As Paul explains, its like a sounding gong, something rather irritating. Those who speak in a tongues are not saying anything beneficial to anyone, they are privately speaking to God from their spirit. It's insulting to the natural mind, and therefore requires humility to except it.

It really boils down to how they interpret scripture in their conscience. The argument against the gifts of the Spirit continuing today are very flimsy indeed, and so it takes some serious effort on their part to build a convincing case against it. As they do this, they will have no choice but to harden their heart building an argument that they know deep down is nonsense.

And by what power do they testify and serve the Lord if not by the Holy Spirit.

Are they operating in the flesh?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

This below never happens to those who fight against the gifts of the Spirit being available today--

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

LA

DAN P

This below never happens to those who fight against the gifts of the Spirit being available today--

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

LA

Hi , and will you lets us see what John 7:38-39 really MEANS ??

It is just a SOFT BALL , so hit it out of the Park ?:madmad::madmad:

dan p

andyc

And by what power do they testify and serve the Lord if not by the Holy Spirit.

Are they operating in the flesh?

It's one of those grey areas. I think people can actually be baptized in the Holy Spirit and not even know it, and even disagree with the theology about it. Or they are born again and relying on knowledge alone to edify the listeners. Without a doubt in my mind, Billy Graham is absolutely filled with the Spirit, but chooses not to speak in tongues. Being BITHS means that you get to speak in tongues, you don't automatically speak in tongues. The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet, and this is a stumbling block to many people.
I like what the gospel writers said about Jesus, "he didn't teach like the scribes and the pharisees, but as one having authority". The new covenant is all about walking in the authority that Jesus has given us by raising us up in the Spirit, and exposing satan to open shame.
It's one thing to expound on what people think scripture is telling us, and its another to take the word and enforce it with authority.

Jesus got up, read from Isaiah about the blessing of the new covenant, and then said, "this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing". In other words, it's time for power, not talk. Even Paul explained, the kingdom of God is not in word, but power. A lot of churches today don't mind being religious, but they don't want anything to do with power. But my bible says, you shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you shall be witnesses of me".
Even when Jesus spoke about the good times mentioned in Isaiah, they tried to throw him over a cliff. Boy....God hates religion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LA

Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Christ was speaking to the House of Israel in the four Gospels! Not to the gentiles!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Christ was speaking to the House of Israel in the four Gospels! Not to the gentiles!

Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's one of those grey areas. I think people can actually be baptized in the Holy Spirit and not even know it, and even disagree with the theology about it.

I don't.

Everyone in the book of Acts who received the Holy Spirit were baptized in it and filled with it.

No exceptions.

Same as today.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's one of those grey areas. I think people can actually be baptized in the Holy Spirit and not even know it, and even disagree with the theology about it.

The "True Believer" is, "Baptized into the Body of Christ! 1 Corinthians
12:13 states; "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have
been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Also, tongues are not for today! And, Billy Graham has changed he's
preachings within the last few years! Watch on "YouTube" about what
he has to say to Robert Schuller, a few years back! You'll be shocked!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Christ was speaking to the House of Israel! Are you a member?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're wrong! Today, The Holy Spirt "baptizes" us (not by water) into
the "Body of Christ!"

Men baptize in water.

Christ baptizes in Spirit.

You reject both, and rely on a false teaching from men, as if your beliefs will save you.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Men baptize in water.

You reject both, and rely on a false teaching from men, as if your beliefs will save you.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

You're a waste of time and effort!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Men baptize in water.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA