When one of these candidates appears on TV, change channels

republicanchick

From here until election day, I am boycotting all Republican candidates appearing on TV except those on the following list. Every time the boycotted ones (those not on the list) appear on TV, I am switching the channel

I have seen enough. :noid:

If a R candidate can't have the correct viewpoint on THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE OF ALL--EVER

obviously, he should not get anyone's vote

Only the following conservatives are pro life (as in: don't believe in murdering children for the sins/crimes of the parent):

• Ted Cruz
  • Mike Huckabee
  • Bobby Jindal
  • Marco Rubio
  • [I think] Rand Paul

Again, if any candidate other than those listed shows up on TV, I am switching channels.

Please do the same.

This country needs a president who has real integrity... The life issue... is what

"separates the sheep from the goats"

Thank you for your support

Signed,

Republicanchick (representing her Boss, Jesus Christ)

Last edited:

republicanchick

well, who is going to sign on with me?

I know there are many pro life posters out there...

Candidates not on that list have some good ideas about the economy.. and I agree w/ them on a few things.. but being anti-life TRUMPS (no pun intended) everything

__

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
From here until election day, I am boycotting all Republican candidates appearing on TV except those on the following list. Every time the boycotted ones (those not on the list) appear on TV, I am switching the channel

If a R candidate can't have the correct viewpoint on THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE OF ALL--EVER

Only the following so called conservatives are pro life (as in: don't believe in murdering children for the sins/crimes of the parent):

• Ted Cruz
  • Mike Huckabee
  • Bobby Jindal
  • Marco Rubio
  • [I think] Rand Paul

Again, if any candidate other than those listed shows up on TV, I am switching channels.

Please do the same.

This country needs a president who has real integrity... The life issue... is what

Signed,

Huckabee reminds be of Bosley from Charlie's Angels TV Show

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ben Carson just soiled the political punchbowl.

Said brave, brave Sir Carson of the Umpqua Community College shooting in Oregon:

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say: 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can't get us all.'"

Now maybe he would do that. I don't know. I tend to think you don't know what you'd do until someone actually tries to shoot you and you're in the position to respond to it. What I do know is that the inference is damnable, needless and as insensitive as his estimation was a steaming pile of speculative self-congratulation.

Later, by Carson...

"As a doctor, I spent many a night pulling bullets out of bodies. There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking — but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

Or, "that was more devastating than taking away the right to put those bullets in those bodies."

Doesn't exactly stir the same way though.

More seriously than I mean to take Carson from this point, I'm not for removing the right of law abiding citizens to own guns either, but I'm also not foolish enough to think or disingenuous to suggest the options here are do nothing or take away everyone's guns.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Said brave, brave Sir Carson of the Umpqua Community College shooting in Oregon:

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say: 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can't get us all.'"

It's hard/impossible to predict what folks will do in a life and death situation like that, but Ben has a point even though he didn't make it well. We are forced to consider perhaps, what we would do in a mass shooting situation if one was close to the shooter.

It can be approached like a terrorist on a plane, we have to attack the terrorists and help prevent more bullets and death. Easier said than done, my first instinct would be to run depending on the situation.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's hard/impossible to predict what folks will do in a life and death situation like that, but Ben has a point even though he didn't make it well.
I don't think it's a point worth making. Sure, if enough people had been willing to meet the definition of love and sacrifice themselves then they might have stopped the fellow with fewer fatalities.

Now consider, does anyone really need to be told that? Does it serve any good? Might it, instead, be seen as an insult to the memory of the dead, who weren't in the momentary fact of it as brave as Carson believes he would have been?

We are forced to consider perhaps, what we would do in a mass shooting situation if one was close to the shooter.
Again, it's either self-serving speculation (see how brave I think I am) or it's pointless because no one needs to be told the obvious.

It can be approached like a terrorist on a plane, we have to attack the terrorists and help prevent more bullets and death. Easier said than done, my first instinct would be to run depending on the situation.
You just never know. Until it happens you have no idea how it feels or how you're going to respond to it. That's why the military works as hard as they do to instill muscle memory and respect for the chain of command. When it happens you're not going to deliberate your way through it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think it's a point worth making. Sure, if enough people had been willing to meet the definition of love and sacrifice themselves then they might have stopped the fellow with fewer fatalities.

Now consider, does anyone really need to be told that? Does it serve any good? Might it, instead, be seen as an insult to the memory of the dead, who weren't in the momentary fact of it as brave as Carson believes he would have been?

Again, it's either self-serving speculation (see how brave I think I am) or it's pointless because no one needs to be told the obvious.

You just never know. Until it happens you have no idea how it feels or how you're going to respond to it. That's why the military works as hard as they do to instill muscle memory and respect for the chain of command. When it happens you're not going to deliberate your way through it.

I agree though, what Carson said was not appropriate, it's more of a bar room statement -

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I agree though, what Carson said was not appropriate, it's more of a bar room statement -
Look, it doesn't make him Hitler. :) But if a friend of mine said it while a few of us were sitting around in a bar having a libation he'd be bombed with whatever was handy and a round of derision. Now if he'd said, "It's too bad someone didn't rush him," followed immediately by, "I hope if I was in that situation I could manage it" a slightly less derisive round of objections would likely follow. Better still, "It's too bad someone wasn't close enough to get to him before he could do that much damage."

The last bit puts the idea out without the self-aggrandizing inferential or even the ghost of implied censure.

Zeke

Only the following so called conservatives are pro life (as in: don't believe in murdering children for the sins/crimes of the parent):

• Ted Cruz
  • Mike Huckabee
  • Bobby Jindal
  • Marco Rubio
  • [I think] Rand Paul

Please do the same.

Signed,

Ask any candidate about the CAFR report and see them run like the coach roaches they are.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Now maybe he would do that. I don't know. I tend to think you don't know what you'd do until someone actually tries to shoot you and you're in the position to respond to it. What I do know is that the inference is damnable, needless and as insensitive as his estimation was a steaming pile of speculative self-congratulation.

my goodness mary, don't you have your knickers in a twist? :chuckle:

seems to me carson was referring to the sort of thing that the passengers on flight 93 decided to do

remember them, those damnable, needless, insensitive passengers of flight 93?

ok doser

It's hard/impossible to predict what folks will do in a life and death situation like that, but Ben has a point even though he didn't make it well. We are forced to consider perhaps, what we would do in a mass shooting situation if one was close to the shooter.

the 911 hijackers changed the rules of engagement for hijackings from now on.

about time the sheep in this world learn the lesson

ok doser

wiki said:
According to a witness, Chris Mintz, a U.S. Army veteran who was studying fitness training at the college,[38] ran to the library, where he began pulling alarms and telling people to run away.[39] He then ran into the building where the shooting was taking place and attempted to block Harper-Mercer from moving out of Classroom 15. Mintz was shot three times while standing and another four times while on the floor, but survived.

i wonder if mintz stopped to reflect on how his actions would make the other victims look?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
seems to me carson was referring to the sort of thing that the passengers on flight 93 decided to do
remember them, those damnable, needless, insensitive passengers of flight 93?
I'm not the one insulting the dead, no matter how dishonestly you stretch it.
i wonder if mintz stopped to reflect on how his actions would make the other victims look?
I wonder if you'll ever realize how most of what you post makes you look. :plain:

ok doser

i get it town

you hate carson because he's a black man who has achieved success and accomplished more in his life than you ever will