which do you prefer: politics or religion (to discuss..usually)?

Politics. Because while I feel theology is very interesting and important, I don't think we'll ever know in our lifetime what the answer to many of the more in depth questions are. It's also difficult to argue with someone with a differing view because essentially neither of us can prove who is wrong or right, and neither will be proved to be right in our lifetimes. With politics, you can use external evidence or, to a greater extent, prove what you're trying to argue.

shagster01

Politics. But I bet the tend would be different if posted in the religion section. People tend to congregate at one or the other a little more often.

republicanchick

Politics. Because while I feel theology is very interesting and important, I don't think we'll ever know in our lifetime what the answer to many of the more in depth questions are. It's also difficult to argue with someone with a differing view because essentially neither of us can prove who is wrong or right, and neither will be proved to be right in our lifetimes. With politics, you can use external evidence or, to a greater extent, prove what you're trying to argue.

God knew we would be confused about what to believe about Christ,salvation

that is why he gave us a Church... so we could be CERTAIN.

God loves us too much to leave us in grave uncertainty about the most important thing in life...

++

republicanchick

Politics. But I bet the tend would be different if posted in the religion section. People tend to congregate at one or the other a little more often.

actually the word Politics is not accurate. There should be a word for...

maybe there is: current events, but even that doesn't say it

hmmm

Daniel1611

God knew we would be confused about what to believe about Christ,salvation

that is why he gave us a Church... so we could be CERTAIN.

God loves us too much to leave us in grave uncertainty about the most important thing in life...

++

When the Catholic Church decides that it's certain what it believes, then I'll consider their opinion.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Today the two categories are often the same thing. I'd like to explain what I mean, but I don't think I will.

republicanchick

When the Catholic Church decides that it's certain what it believes, then I'll consider their opinion.

ha ha... what a joke. It is totally certain

you dont see the RCC changing its views on birth control, abortion, divorce-remarriage, gay-nes like other churches do

:mario: