Which one is correct?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If one religion is right then the rest of them are wrong. How would you choose?
Look for the one that is exclusive to all others.

Christianity makes the claim that Jesus was crucified (by the Jews (and the Gentiles, but that's a discussion for another time)), died on the cross, was buried, was in the grave for three days, and then on the third day, He rose again. Paul says that if Christ did not rise from the grave, then Christianity is vain. But as with many statements like that, the opposite is true as well. If Christ did rise from the dead, then all other religions are vain.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Christianity makes the claim that Jesus was crucified (by the Jews (and the Gentiles, but that's a discussion for another time)), died on the cross, was buried, was in the grave for three days, and then on the third day, He rose again. Paul says that if Christ did not rise from the grave, then Christianity is vain. But as with many statements like that, the opposite is true as well. If Christ did rise from the dead, then all other religions are vain.
In addition to that, Most cultures record their history as them being the greatest civilization to have ever existed. Only the Bible paints its people (the Jews) as the utter failures that they were. Throughout their history, Their record is that of faith in their God, then growing complacent, then turning away from their God, their God bringing punishment upon them, them suffering because of their turning away, and then turning back to their God, rinse and repeat.

The Bible has the flavor of realism that other texts that speak of the people who wrote them just do not have.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No false gods, learning from others, and if Judaism is a religion. We Jews do not have a religion. Also we are religious Jews. What does it mean to be accepting of all religions? Because that does not seem or appear to me to be based in Torah. Christian religions are not all the same.

Danoh

Not that you and I always see eye to eye on one thing or another, but good to finally see, for a change, a Dispy on TOL evidence the correct understanding of what Paul had meant by the words "unless ye have believed in vain."

Most on here erroneously assert that Paul had meant "unless ye did not really believe."

As you basically correctly put it, Paul had been talking about "unless what ye have believed has, in fact, no basis in fact."

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

15:3 FOR I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

:thumb:

Prob. 27:17
Rom. 5:6-8.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Not that you and I always see eye to eye on one thing or another, but good to finally see, for a change, a Dispy on TOL evidence the correct understanding of what Paul had meant by the words "unless ye have believed in vain."

Most on here erroneously assert that Paul had meant "unless ye did not really believe."

As you basically correctly put it, Paul had been talking about "unless what ye have believed has, in fact, no basis in fact."

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

15:3 FOR I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

:thumb:

Prob. 27:17
Rom. 5:6-8.
I admire Paul getting right to the heart of the matter here. He doesn't beat around the bush, he says it forthright: 'if Christ be not risen, [then Christianity is a sham].'

Bee1

In addition to that, Most cultures record their history as them being the greatest civilization to have ever existed. Only the Bible paints its people (the Jews) as the utter failures that they were. Throughout their history, Their record is that of faith in their God, then growing complacent, then turning away from their God, their God bringing punishment upon them, them suffering because of their turning away, and then turning back to their God, rinse and repeat.

The Bible has the flavor of realism that other texts that speak of the people who wrote them just do not have.
Yeah, like the goods guys always win. It is generally accepted that a lot of Biblical stories are a rehash of older stories and traditions of the Near East which the Israelites originated from (Canaan). The Old Testament was not written in it's present form till after two imprisonments by two of the greatest civilizations on earth (Egypt and Babylonians) at the time by Hebrew scholars so they had plenty of material to work with. Why do so many stories in the Bible sound similar to ancient Sumer accounts, it is not hard to make the connections with I am sure many have made. Even the Hebrew language and writing have ancient Canaanite origin. Canaanite storm god name is el.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have noticed that many people are only familiar with 2 or 3 religions out of the thousands that exist,

Zeke

Inboard or outboard 2 Corinthians 3:6, inboard is the spiritual way, labels don't apply, outboard is the traditional way spouting egocentric vanities based on time, were saved and your not is the mantra, no religion is the best religion.

marhig

The one that teaches and lives how Jesus taught and lived. Because they are those who are truly following him.

It's not a religion, it's a way and that way is Jesus, true religion isn't which denomination you belong to, it's the way, the truth and the life and that way, truth and life is in Christ Jesus and is seen through all those who truly belong to him.

James said pure religion and undefiled before God and the father is this, to visit the fatherless and the widow's in their affliction, and to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. And in doing so we put God first in our lives, truly loving him and caring for others, worshipping the father in Spirit and in truth, and this is truly following Jesus.