ECT Who can relate to this:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is actually a textbook example of the kind of foreign language-esque bundles of cliches that too many church people can only throw around like a battered pigskin, instead of relating their experiences in their own words.

Church kids find it trite and outsiders find it bewildering, arrogant, elitist, etc.

I actually posted this on FB just for fun, in quotes, and one of my former pastors replied with "Do what now?"

pray tell, what did the "former" pastor suggest to do now ? and the churh kids, and outsiders ? i think most of us can give a testimony, many don't because of judgement and attempted ridicule. i think, when people try to give their testimony, it comes from the heart.

it takes effort to put in writing, ones prayers, relationship in Christ, and God's Work throughout their lives. it was their own words, maybe you like it better in your words. some can express in words better than others.

i've posted testimony on TOL a few times at least. God will meet us where we are. we are Blessed by God, if we get a chance to look back and see that God was waiting for us. Always

Cross Reference

Summed up as in the words of Paul: "where sin abounds grace abounds even more".

This is true for every Christian. IMO it is a persons honest confession that brings the stark reality home that the only reason we have been not been judged by our flesh, is the only reason why we have not been utterly consumed by our flesh.

In case I failed to make my point..........

No one is overcoming temptation to sin but only because God in His mercy is keeping us from sin.

When all heterosexual christians wake up to the truth they will realize that the only reason they are not homosexual is because God did not allow satan the necessary leeway for that to happen......... Not because they did not feel any tendency on their part to have homosexual desires, because if God had removed this aspect of His hand of protection from them....... they would be totally gay! :)

Most persons judge "bad sin" as starting somewhere beneath what they have yielded to when the truth is the only reason any of us have not committed any particular sin is because of grace, not just as Christians but also while we were yet sinners
Why didn't God keep Adam from the possibility of sinning? Why didn't God keep Jesus from the possibility of sinning? Why did one not succeed while the other did? Both were in the flesh. Both knew what the score was if they did sin. So why?