Why are you trying to "get to heaven"?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You call yourself a "Christian", are you not already guaranteed an inheritance?

Have you not already been raised up and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I wasn't tryin' to go to heaven. I didn't even know if there was one.

I had no 'true' peace.

I found it in Him.... and heaven thrown in.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

glorydaz

I wasn't tryin' to go to heaven. I didn't even know if there was one.

I had no 'true' peace.

I found it in Him.... and heaven thrown in.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Oh, I didn't answer the "trying to get to heaven part". :grave:

I wish I would have.... :sigh:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The universe is ours.

You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. (Hebrews 2:8 NKJV)​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You long for Heaven because you hate living.

:nono:

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's what you get from that text? :chew:

What is the inheritance we share with our brother Jesus?

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ... (Romans 8:16-17 NKJV)​

What is Jesus' inheritance?

Jamie Gigliotti

You call yourself a "Christian", are you not already guaranteed an inheritance?

Have you not already been raised up and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus?

I'm not. I'm trying to live in Him and His love because it is the best place to be right now.

If you call yourself a 'Christian' does that make you one. Who is the best judge of that?

Why not tell people to find Jesus and His love and He who is true will take care of the rest.

Finding Him, His presence, His peace, His Joy is so much more edifying and than believing the promises without Him.

Buzzword

You long for Heaven because you hate living.

Too few will admit to the truth of this.
Just as too few would admit that they're only going to church every Sunday because they fear divine punishment.

Given how many times self-identifying Christians on TOL have said something to the effect of, "If there's no Heaven, what's the point?", it shouldn't be a surprise that so many emulate the Pharisees and so few attempt to follow Christ's command to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Our promised reward is not happy-fun-eternity.
That is incidental.

Our promised reward for living in Christ is that we live life more abundantly, in better relationship with God, with each other, and with God's created universe, RIGHT NOW.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:nono:

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
So you disagree. Say why you do and ask me focused questions if you need to.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Too few will admit to the truth of this.
Just as too few would admit that they're only going to church every Sunday because they fear divine punishment.

Given how many times self-identifying Christians on TOL have said something to the effect of, "If there's no Heaven, what's the point?", it shouldn't be a surprise that so many emulate the Pharisees and so few attempt to follow Christ's command to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Our promised reward is not happy-fun-eternity.
That is incidental.

Our promised reward for living in Christ is that we live life more abundantly, in better relationship with God, with each other, and with God's created universe, RIGHT NOW.

http://www.amazon.com/Denial-Death-...sr=1-1&keywords=denial+of+death+ernest+becker

Our mortality is a part of life and those of us who fear death fear life itself.

I am guessing that Jesus was truly, divinely "in the moment" with everyone he encountered. Salvation was obviously about transformation in this life for him. He offered and granted many salvation without having a blood sacrifice to do it.

The atonement theology, in my opinion, is an ancient pagan rite overlaid on Jesus's death to give it a meaning to his early followers.