Why can't we bring the troops home?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Before WW2 we did not maintain a worldwide military force. Now we have a global force and spend trillions on it. It is actually our biggest industry. Do you think this makes sense?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We didn't put troops in Japan, Italy, Germany, the UK and elsewhere after WWII? Does the DoD and all those that went to those duty stations know they didn't go? Do you ever think before you post?

And the DoD is nowhere near as expensive as the Department of Health and Human Services.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'd love to bring my son home, but i don't think there's room at my boathouse dock for his little boat

5.png

ok doser

Before WW2 we did not maintain a worldwide military force. Now we have a global force and spend trillions on it. It is actually our biggest industry. Do you think this makes sense?

somebody's gotta be the big dog

if not us, who?

china?

russia?

ok doser

btw, when my son's boat goes out, the cost is $2.5 million a day.

that's for the whole carrier group

that's close to a billion a year - just for one nuclear aircraft carrier

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
We didn't put troops in Japan, Italy, Germany, the UK and elsewhere after WWII? Does the DoD and all those that went to those duty stations know they didn't go? Do you ever think before you post?
Do you know the difference between "before" and "after"?

glorydaz

It does considering the world has greatly changed since then. When the threat grows, the defense must grow as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you see the post showing how much Health and Human Services costs? That was your point. Along with your incorrect assertion about troop deployment.