Why Do We Believe Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lie…all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

Paul told the truth. He kept the covenant law but not the Mosaic law.

Moses' Book of the Law was nullified on Wednesday, April 5, 30 CE at about 3 PM.

Lilstu

I guess you have never told a story at different times, and included more details one time than you did the other?

Legally, the only problem would be if there were contradictions. Clearly there aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Of course there are contradictions.
Acts 9:7
King James Version (KJV)
7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

In this verse the men STOOD and HEARD A VOICE.
But let’s look at how Paul told the story at other times.

Acts 26:14
King James Version (KJV)
14And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

In this verse THEY ALL FELL DOWN, while in the previous verse the men STOOD.

Acts 22:9
King James Version (KJV)
9And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

In this verse the men DID NOT HEAR A VOICE, but in the first verse they HEARD A VOICE.

But the most important problem....
In the first telling of the story, Paul never says that Jesus appeared to him. But in the last retelling Paul says Jesus appeared to him. Since Paul was blinded by the great light it would have been impossible for Jesus to appear.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course Paul lied. read the passage for yourself. In good conscience you cannot believe Paul was not deceiving the observant Jews.

Paul was truthful, he kept the law.

In 1 Corinthians 9:21 Paul said, "To those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ) that I might win those who are without law."

Paul kept the law of Christ which overrode Jewish law.

The Jewish law ended with Jesus' death and the NT became effective. Did you not know Christians are not subject to Jewish law?

Status
Not open for further replies.