Why Easter is never the same date every year if it signifies such an important event

Bee1

Jesus resurrection is no doubt be a very important date to mark for all times like Christmas and other days we celebrate for various reasons and whatnot,so why is not the date remembered.

This article appeared on the INTERNET http://www.truthbeknown.com by Acharya S/D.M. Murdock,to wit;

The following article is excerpted from:

Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled

Contrary to popular belief, Easter does not represent the "historical" crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In reality, the gospel tale reflects the annual "crossification" of the sun through the vernal equinox (Spring), at which time the sun is "resurrected," as the day begins to become longer than the night.
Easter's Roving Date is Astrotheological
In the gospel tale, there are two dates for the crucifixion: the 14th and the 15th of the month of Nisan, and within Christianity the date for Easter was debated for centuries. There continue to be two dates for Easter: the Western Catholic and Eastern Orthodox, thus demonstrating that this holiday is not the historical date of the actual crucifixion of a particular man. The dates are, in fact, astronomical, astrological and astrotheological.

In explaining this roving date, one "distinguished churchman," as Catholic Church historian Eusebius called him, Anatolius, revealed the meaning of Easter and of Christ, as well as the fact that astrology was a known and respected science used in Christianity. Said Anatolius:

"On this day [March 22] the sun is found not only to have reached the first sign of the Zodiac, but to be already passing through the fourth day within it. This sign is generally known as the first of the twelve, the equinoctial sign, the beginning of months, head of the cycle, and start of the planetary course.... Aristobolus adds that it is necessary at the Passover Festival that not only the sun but the moon as well should be passing through an equinoctial sign. There are two of these signs, one in spring, one in autumn, diametrically opposed to each other...."

In establishing the "Paschal festival," Church father Anatolius thus based his calculations on the positions of the sun and moon during the vernal equinox.

Christ as the Solar Hero

The need to time the Easter celebration - or resurrection - to coincide with the vernal equinox demonstrates that "Christ" is not an historical personage but the sun. This fact of Easter being the resurrection of the Sun has been well known for centuries, just as "the Savior's" birth at the winter solstice has been recognized as another solar motif. Another obvious clue as to Christ's nature is the fact that the "Lord's Day" is Sunday.

"Christ is the Sun of Righteousness, with 'divine beams.'"

Concerning Easter, in his "Letter I. for 329" Bishop of Alexandria Athanasius (c. 293-373) remarks, "Again, 'the Sun of Righteousness,' causing His divine beams to rise upon us, proclaims beforehand the time of the feast, in which, obeying Him, we ought to celebrate it…" Christ is thus the Sun of Righteousness, with "divine beams."

My words here, I think I know why a person must have faith in the Bible as it is presented to us today, there is compelling reasons not to when scenarios like above exist with documentation to support the idea.I am not going to believe everything I read or hear or see but the Nays bring a lot more to the tables than just faith.If someone would point out the discrepancies in above statement I would love to hear it because the more I research it, the more it seems that Easter is all astronomically.
Plus,The word “Easter” is not in the original Scriptures

beameup

The current system was developed to make sure that Easter would never fall on Passover.
This was part of the changes made to completely distance Christianity from Judaism.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why y'all tryin to ruin my chocolate bunnies and Peeps.
Why WHY!?!
798.gif

JonahofAkron

The current system was developed to make sure that Easter would never fall on Passover.
This was part of the changes made to completely distance Christianity from Judaism.
It's so sad that that happened. Divorcing Jesus from Judaism does a disservice to both and created terrible consequences for Christianity and Judaism.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

JonahofAkron

You're confusing things. Christianity is not a continuation of Israel and what God promised them.
That doesn't appear to be how Paul feels about in Romans 11, but you're entitled to your opinion. And even if what you say is true, it does not Negate what I said. Historically, it ended up being a terrible thing Judaism that Christianity left it-pogroms, hatred, and holocaust, not withstanding.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk