Why Elohim if God is Absolutely One?

Ben Masada

We are all sons of God, but scripture expresses His chosen as sons in a more hallowed sense- they are His elect, and the condition changes with each revelation.
People must be in the favor of Christ to be 'as gods'.

Since we are not in the favor of "Christ" to be "as gods", Are you implying that God was lying when He said, "Israel is My Son?" (Exodus 4:22,23) I don't think you are being careful with your answers.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Since we are not in the favor of "Christ" to be "as gods", Are you implying that God was lying when He said, "Israel is My Son?" (Exodus 4:22,23) I don't think you are being careful with your answers.

Christianity holds that Christians are Israel, and God's covenant shifted with Christ.

I don't need to be careful with my answers, because my answers have been long accounted for. You're the one sitting sitting precariously between God and His Covenant, as with the rest of the Jews who try to dissuade Christian belief.

Ben Masada

Christianity holds that Christians are Israel, and God's covenant shifted with Christ.
I don't need to be careful with my answers, because my answers have been long accounted for. You're the one sitting sitting precariously between God and His Covenant, as with the rest of the Jews who try to dissuade Christian belief.

So, Christianity holds that Christians are Israel! That's called Replacement Theology which stands for vandalism of the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach with the things of the gospel of Paul aka the NT. I am glad you said that yourself because, the other day, a Christian on denial asked me for an evidence that Christianity holds that Christians are Israel. Has HaShem ever said that Christians are My son? I don't think so! Has HaShem ever said that "Israel is My Son?" Read Exodus 4:22,23.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So, Christianity holds that Christians are Israel! That's called Replacement Theology which stands for vandalism of the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach with the things of the gospel of Paul aka the NT. I am glad you said that yourself because, the other day, a Christian on denial asked me for an evidence that Christianity holds that Christians are Israel. Has HaShem ever said that Christians are My son? I don't think so! Has HaShem ever said that "Israel is My Son?" Read Exodus 4:22,23.

Actually it's called 'Covenant Theology'- 'replacement theology' is derogatory and stated largely by a group of Christian 'dispensationalists' who think there are multiple covenants. It's 19th Century heresy which gained speed mainly in America.
It's essentially Christian-Zionism.

The Protestant Reformation adopted Covenant Theology, which is appropriately a reformed version of the Roman Catholic Church's 'Covenantal Dogmas'.
It is nothing new, and quite frankly your argument stands knee high to an ant in relevance. They knew the literature far more than you, as these dead languages weren't so dead then and the histories were still relevant :rolleyes:

Ben Masada

Actually it's called 'Covenant Theology'- 'replacement theology' is derogatory and Catholic Church's 'Covenantal Dogmas'. It is nothing new, and quite frankly your argument stands knee high to anstated largely by a group of Christian 'dispensationalists' who think there are multiple covenants. It's 19th Century heresy which gained speed mainly in America.
It's essentially Christian-Zionism.

The Protestant Reformation adopted Covenant Theology, which is appropriately a reformed version of the Roman ant in relevance. They knew the literature far more than you, as these dead languages weren't so dead then and the histories were still relevant

What difference does it make? The issue about covenants is Jewish Theology; to claim replacement of a Jewish covenant by a Christian one is the same as Replacement Theology. But if you take it as a derogatory issue, no problem, I apologize and I'll try to remember never to use it in a reply to a post of yours.