ECT Why??? How come???

Cross Reference

If God has given us, by Jesus Christ that which enables us to make our souls and our hearts clean, why do we keep saying, as by an exercise in unbelief, “Jesus did it all” with the attitude and that though enabled by him, we can do nothing to make ourselves clean and if we were even to try it would be looked upon as an attempt to save ourselves when, by Biblical context, it has nothing to do with our salvation and everything to do with our preparation for being broken bread and poured out wine to feed and nourish others? "Do you love Me"? "Feed my sheep".

Cross Reference

One might want to consider the OP as being what laid behind Jesus asking Peter three times the question of Peter's love. He knew what was coming that Peter would have to deal with in the further sifting by Satan, of his life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One might want to consider the OP as being what laid behind Jesus asking Peter three times the question of Peter's love.

And we could speculate that Jesus' message to Simon Peter had something to do with Peter's three denials that he knew Jesus.

Oh, those coincidences.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If God has given us, by Jesus Christ that which enables us to make our souls and our hearts clean, why do we keep saying, as by an exercise in unbelief, “Jesus did it all” with the attitude and that though enabled by him, we can do nothing to make ourselves clean and if we were even to try it would be looked upon as an attempt to save ourselves when, by Biblical context, it has nothing to do with our salvation and everything to do with our preparation for being broken bread and poured out wine to feed and nourish others?...

Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined (Dan 12:10A, ESV).

Bath-bath-shower-tub-smiley-emoticon-000461-fbook.gif

Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand [Dan. 12:10].

"These great principles of God prevail from Daniel’s day to the time of the end, irrespective of dispensations:
1. “Many shall be purified” refers to those who have come to Christ, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy …” (Titus 3:5).
2. “None of the wicked shall understand” refers to the natural man. “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Cor. 2:14).
3. “But the wise shall understand.” “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13)." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Daniel) (electronic ed., Vol. 26, pp. 196–197). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Cross Reference

Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined (Dan 12:10A, ESV).

Bath-bath-shower-tub-smiley-emoticon-000461-fbook.gif

Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand [Dan. 12:10].

"These great principles of God prevail from Daniel’s day to the time of the end, irrespective of dispensations:
1. “Many shall be purified” refers to those who have come to Christ, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy …” (Titus 3:5).
2. “None of the wicked shall understand” refers to the natural man. “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Cor. 2:14).
3. “But the wise shall understand.” “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13)." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Daniel) (electronic ed., Vol. 26, pp. 196–197). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Absolutely! Here is further evidence to support that as it pertains to the folly of Christians such as "Grossed out Mentally':

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:14 (KJV)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:14 (KJV)

That's right.

We have clean hands and a pure heart (Ps 73:13). We will see God (Mt 5:8).

What they do? Eph 5:12. I shudder to think (Phil 4:8). :granite:

MSN-Emoticon-bath-052.gif

meshak

BANNED
Banned
is everyone purified?

no

are they purified because of what they do?

yes

logic tells us
they are purified by what they do
so
they purify themselves

We will be purifed by striving to be obedient to Jesus which is works or good deeds.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most here don't think that is necessary and is works salvation by believing the "Jesus did it all" mantra. Sins, past, present and future, all forgiven. What bother with all that other silly stuff?

We will be continually be a sinner if we keep on saying "your works cannot save you".

Being faithful to Jesus is all hard work.

Jesus commands us to imitate Him. Jesus worked very hard unto death.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Most here don't think that is necessary and is works salvation by believing the "Jesus did it all" mantra. Sins, past, present and future, all forgiven. What bother with all that other silly stuff?
Most are unfamiliar with what it means to be an apostate (2 Kin. 21:1–9; Heb. 3:12). The apostate believes and walks away (Heb 6:4-6).

He did it all and we must do our part. We abide in him and produce fruit
grape-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png
or we are cast into the fire (Mt 7:19).
Burning.gif

"We give out the word of God. What men do with it is their business." :poly: ~ J. Vernon McGee

Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God (Ac 20:25–27, ESV). :popcorn:

See:

Abide in Him

oatmeal

If God has given us, by Jesus Christ that which enables us to make our souls and our hearts clean, why do we keep saying, as by an exercise in unbelief, “Jesus did it all” with the attitude and that though enabled by him, we can do nothing to make ourselves clean and if we were even to try it would be looked upon as an attempt to save ourselves when, by Biblical context, it has nothing to do with our salvation and everything to do with our preparation for being broken bread and poured out wine to feed and nourish others? "Do you love Me"? "Feed my sheep".

Jesus did do it all, but all what?

He did all he could do, it is now up to us to believe on the name of the lord Jesus Christ. He cannot do that for us. We must believe and receive what God made available through Christ.

Acts 2:38,40

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.