Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

Ben Masada

Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus

An answer to Christian missionaries

We do; only that we accept him for what he really was and not for what the NT describes him to have been. The question is, why Christians don't accept the real Jesus of Nazareth. Probably because they prefer to walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) If by sight is to walk with understanding, it is only obvious that by faith is to leave the understanding with Paul.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus's virulent Antisemitism in the Gospel of John might have something to do with it. John's community of believers were probably getting kicked out of the synagogues and so they believed in a Jesus that criticized those Jews and called them "children of the devil." And, of course, there's the "Let his blood be on us and our children" said by "the Jews" at the crucifixion.

With a messiah like that Jesus, I can't blame the Jews for not believing in him as their redeemer.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

We do; only that we accept him for what he really was and not for what the NT describes him to have been. The question is, why Christians don't accept the real Jesus of Nazareth. Probably because they prefer to walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) If by sight is to walk with understanding, it is only obvious that by faith is to leave the understanding with Paul.

what does Masada mean ?

Tostada

Interplanner

Masada is the site NE of Jerusalem where the zealot revolt against Rome had its last stand. About 1000 zealots made it there from the devastation of Jerusalem, escaping through a waterduct. They lasted 2 years on what food they had. They ate deceased bodies. When the Roman ramp finally reached the top of this stone "island" in 72, they found all had been killed the day before. Further investigation showed that 10 had been drawn by lot to kill the 1000 and 1 had been drawn by lot to kill those 10 and himself.

The site is used today by the IDF for graduation ceremonies for the military.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Masada is the site NE of Jerusalem where the zealot revolt against Rome had its last stand. About 1000 zealots made it there from the devastation of Jerusalem, escaping through a waterduct. They lasted 2 years on what food they had. They ate deceased bodies. When the Roman ramp finally reached the top of this stone "island" in 72, they found all had been killed the day before. Further investigation showed that 10 had been drawn by lot to kill the 1000 and 1 had been drawn by lot to kill those 10 and himself.

The site is used today by the IDF for graduation ceremonies for the military.

i knew it was an important name/word -

Interplanner

By sight is the understanding Paul grew up with in Judaism. it thought that Israel would be taking the Law to the nations, and there were some missionaries doing this already, Mt 23. But Paul said that was to view Christ only on ordinary criterion which anyone could do. He was shown through the Prophets and direct revelation that something else had taken place in Christ.

This other truth is not seen in the ordinary way; it requires the full background and integration of all reality built up so far in history and the Scriptures and God's overall universal redemption plan to be appreciated. It requires the realization that Abraham was shown: that men need to have righteousness imputed to them for their debt of sin. that was the Gospel announced in advance to Abraham, and it was how he realized his "seed" would be as numerous as the sand on the shore. It was not to be about descendancy; it was about all men who had faith in God's imputed righteousness for their sins.

For, as the most pertinent passage says (2 Cor 5), God was in Christ straightening out man's debt of sin, not charging them any longer with it. He made Christ to be a propitiatory sacrifice for sin, so that we could have the righteousness of God in Him.

This is why the Gospel event was both highly visible in space and time, as much history as the burning of Rome, yet not entirely comprehensible without the Spirit of God at work. That's not the Spirit of God in some offbeat, whacko sense, but in combining all the details and background, of both this world and the divine realm which contains it, in a forceful, integrated way.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Hey there. _ I was wondering if the Idea that a _ MAN - is prophesied to be coming to Save the Hebrew / jEWISH is really an Old Testament Prophecy / or Idea.

And is there any Scriptures that suggest that God Himself will come and Save them someday. Like in Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of olives.

I support Israel and will always. I love Israel.

That's what a "Messiah" really is: a military king who has been anionted to lead Israel and the Jews to victory. A messiah is not supposed to die, let alone be crucified like a common criminal.

That's how the resurrection got started. The followers scattered in the wake of Jesus's death, but remember: they were sent out by him in pairs to meet with other peasant householders and share meals and healing with them. They soon realized that even though they got the news that he was killed in Jerusalem, they were still carrying on Jesus's program. His power and presence were still with them, so they easily picked up the resurrection myth from their shared tradition and applied it to Jesus.

Jesus lives!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That's what a "Messiah" really is: a military king who has been anionted to lead Israel and the Jews to victory. A messiah is not supposed to die, let alone be crucified like a common criminal.

That's how the resurrection got started. The followers scattered in the wake of Jesus's death, but remember: they were sent out by him in pairs to meet with other peasant householders and share meals and healing with them. They soon realized that even though they got the news that he was killed in Jerusalem, they were still carrying on Jesus's program. His power and presence were still with them, so they easily picked up the resurrection myth from their shared tradition and applied it to Jesus.

Jesus lives!

The problem wasn't Jesus, the Son of God incarnate on the earth, the problem was the concept of the Messiah in the minds of the Jews in the days of Jesus. The Jews had predicted or envisioned a material kingdom with a type of priest, prophet King taking up David's seat to rule a nation when the reality was the spiritual "kingdom of heaven" established by Jesus, the King being God the Father in the heart of man. It was to be a spiritual brotherhood wherein all mankind would eventually come to the realization that we are ALL brothers and sisters of the Living, Loving God.

That is the gospel Jesus sent out to be preached to the 4 corners of the earth, but sadly it was contaminated by atonement teaching and the older expectations of Judaism.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
More to the point why did the Jews reject all the prophets who came before the Christ? could be they are just stiffnecked and rebellious.

....nevertheless they are beloved for the father's sake.

Interplanner

Hey there. _ I was wondering if the Idea that a _ MAN - is prophesied to be coming to Save the Hebrew / jEWISH is really an Old Testament Prophecy / or Idea.

And is there any Scriptures that suggest that God Himself will come and Save them someday. Like in Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of olives.

I support Israel and will always. I love Israel.

Well, as the passage says, it's a mixed bag there. Are you sure you want that?

Danoh

Often, Jews don't accept Jesus as Messiah out of the same ignorance that both various Messianic Jews as well as that various Reformed Protestants also rely on - each asserts those aspects of secular history they view as upholding the view they have been spoon fed by those who came before them (and in this very same practice).

Interplanner

...which of course means that MAD people are absolutely pure and free of such contaminating things!

Are you talking about the OP or about your need to be right?

Jerry Shugart

He said this to the Jews:

"For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me" (Jn.5:46).​

You do not believe what Moses wrote here about Abraham so that explains why you do not believe the Lord Jesus:

"And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen.15:6).​

You have no place for Abraham receiving the imputed righteousness of God in your traditions.

chair

He said this to the Jews:

"For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me" (Jn.5:46).​

You do not believe what Moses wrote here about Abraham so that explains why you do not believe the Lord Jesus:

"And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen.15:6).​

You have no place for Abraham receiving the imputed righteousness of God in your traditions.

The book called "John" is meaningless to us. We understand Genesis on its own.

Danoh

...which of course means that MAD people are absolutely pure and free of such contaminating things!

Are you talking about the OP or about your need to be right?

I'm talking about my observation in my dealings with them.

And, no; I 'd say most MAD people are perhaps about as unaware of their own allowing of such influences as others.

I recall visiting a Mid-Acts assembly once, where the entire forty-five minutes or so, was "the Greek this, a better translation that..."

At some point within that, the guy says something about how "1948 is the fulfillment of prophecy...."

A Mid-Acts Pastor. God forbid, lol

Seeing as Mid-Acts supposedly holds that in Acts, Israel diminished away, albeit, temporarily per various passages that Romans 11:25 summarizes; what was that Pastor's 1948 assertion about?

And what was it about seeing as Mid-Acts is also supposedly Cessasionist?

His own allowing, unawares; of such influences, as others.

We are to walk by faith - in - the Scriptures - not, by sight's reliance on external circumstance.

So, calm down, Inter; I am well aware of the above tendency in some of our own, as well.