Will not clear the Guilty !

beloved57

Ex 34:7

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Numbers 14:18

The Lord is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

As we can see from these scriptures, The Lord God is merciful and will forgive sin, but at the same time He is just and inflexible and will not clear sinners, or will not acquit them, and will not forgive them.

Nah 1:2

God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. cp

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Jude 1:7

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

So God though He has Mercy and Forgiveness for some, who are guilty, He wont have Mercy on others who guilty and deserving of His Eternal Vengeance for their iniquity.

Now who are the guilty God will not clear, who He will not acquit ? The guilty are the non elect who God determined not to have mercy upon, the ones who in His Eternal Purpose hath designated the vessels of wrath whom He fits for destruction. These are people who in contrast are different [by the Eternal Purpose of God] from them God has Chosen to be Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

So who or what makes the difference between being designated a Vessel of Wrath whom God will not acquit and a Vessel of Mercy whom God will have Mercy on and forgive their iniquity ? It is God who made the difference, for it is written Rom 9:15

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Paul is referencing Ex 33:19

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

But in contrast to the Vessels of Mercy, God has chosen this for the Vessels of Wrath whom He will not clear Rom 9:18

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Nanja

Ex 34:7

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Numbers 14:18

The Lord is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

As we can see from these scriptures, The Lord God is merciful and will forgive sin, but at the same time He is just and inflexible and will not clear sinners, or will not acquit them, and will not forgive them.

Nah 1:2

God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. cp

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Jude 1:7

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

So God though He has Mercy and Forgiveness for some, who are guilty, He wont have Mercy on others who guilty and deserving of His Eternal Vengeance for their iniquity.

Now who are the guilty God will not clear, who He will not acquit ? The guilty are the non elect who God determined not to have mercy upon, the ones who in His Eternal Purpose hath designated the vessels of wrath whom He fits for destruction. These are people who in contrast are different [by the Eternal Purpose of God] from them God has Chosen to be Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

So who or what makes the difference between being designated a Vessel of Wrath whom God will not acquit and a Vessel of Mercy whom God will have Mercy on and forgive their iniquity ? It is God who made the difference, for it is written Rom 9:15

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Paul is referencing Ex 33:19

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

But in contrast to the Vessels of Mercy, God has chosen this for the Vessels of Wrath whom He will not clear Rom 9:18

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Amen Brother, God's Mercy and Graciousness is exercised towards the Vessels of Mercy exclusively, because Christ as Surety on their behalf bare the punishment for their sins; hence having purged them away Heb. 1:3 and setting them free from the guilt and punishment for them. For God keeps His Mercy for them out of Covenant Faithfulness to them for Christ's Sake:

Ps. 89:1,24,33

1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

However, on the other hand God will not clear the guilty, which are those Christ did not die for;
the vessels of wrath Rom. 9:22 fitted for destruction, for they were Created to be destroyed.

beloved57

Amen Brother, God's Mercy and Graciousness is exercised towards the Vessels of Mercy exclusively, because Christ as Surety on their behalf bare the punishment for their sins; hence having purged them away Heb. 1:3 and setting them free from the guilt and punishment for them. For God keeps His Mercy for them out of Covenant Faithfulness to them for Christ's Sake:

Ps. 89:1,24,33

1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

However, on the other hand God will not clear the guilty, which are those Christ did not die for;
the vessels of wrath Rom. 9:22 fitted for destruction, for they were Created to be destroyed.
Amen Sister !