Will Taiwan be destroyed by China while Biden remains silent?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I see this issue differently than the talking heads.

Think of the treasure and resources we spent protecting West Berlin and West Germany from its communist eastern counterpart.

But in WWII was not China also our friend? And today, Taiwan is still technically that same China and that same Chinese government of old, while the communists have taken over the mainland.

Should we not protect them with the same zeal? If not, explain to me WHY not?
I don't disagree with you but I want to remind everybody that China plays the long game. They WILL reabsorb Taiwan, this year, next year, in 100 years.

You know all the fentanyl that's flooding across our southern border? It either comes from China or the precursors come from China. Do you know why the Chinese aren't motivated to stop it?

Payback

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
It is vital to America's interests to protect the petroleum resources in the Middle East, and so to ensure stability in that region.
It was not vital to America's interest to intervene in the Rwandan genocide, for instance, and so we didn't.
And I put global security last.
You might consider it "vital", but that does NOT give the US the right to invade whomever it likes to "fix" the problem.
I'm sure that you know that the middle east is not the only source of oil for the US and that we can be far better off with our own production of oil. Trump helped in that regard, Biden has been a disaster.
And Jefferson could not have conceived of the modern world, and our role in it.
His comment is no less appropriate now as it was then. Some fundamentals never change.
I appreciate his sentiment and I understand why it was important when he wrote it, especially with regard to what was happening in Europe with our former Ally France.
But in this modern world, where the phone call that I make to my son on his aircraft carrier in South Korea, is a local call, put through in seconds? A world in which most of the clothing I wear was made in China? A world where virtually none of the food that I eat is produced locally? And much of that is produced in other countries, especially this time of year?
It's a world he couldn't have imagined.
People in power use this sort of excuse for all kinds of evil.

marke

Invading foreign lands based on the benefit to our corrupt leaders is not "defending the innocent".
No nation has been tasked with ruling the world, except Israel in the future.
You must be another American who congratulated Obama for disregarding the Budapest Memorandum signed by Bill Clinton promising to defend Ukrain if Russia were to invade.

marke

You've already made it clear that MOST of our "leaders" are God-less and evil... and you think that THEY are going to "Pray for God's wisdom and guidance."?
No, I don't think many Republican politicians pray to God for guidance and it is clear that practically no democrats do.

I don't disagree with you but I want to remind everybody that China plays the long game. They WILL reabsorb Taiwan, this year, next year, in 100 years.

You know all the fentanyl that's flooding across our southern border? It either comes from China or the precursors come from China. Do you know why the Chinese aren't motivated to stop it?

Payback

Taiwan IS China. Why can't they play a long game

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you believe that the US should be invading countries all over the globe?

For the reasons explained in the show I linked to above, yes. Otherwise, "wherever possible, live at peace with your neighbor."

Do you believe that the US should be invading countries all over the globe?

To the best of my knowledge we have not "invaded" anyone in my lifetime. We have liberated countries and freed countries but never invaded them in the conventional sense of the word, which usually means to conquer.

The invasion of Iraq is one such unjust event.

So, Iraq was ruled by an evil dictator who was every bit as evil as Hitler, he had used WMD's (chemical) on the Kurds, he invaded Kuwait, he was making other WMD's, and having learned our lesson from WWII that we should nip such things in the bud, we went in to remove him from power and install a peaceful regime before something even worse happened.

Now, explain how that was unjust.

Do you realize that if we had done the same thing in 1938 Germany we could have avoided all the destruction of that war and the holocaust too?

Right Divider

Body part
So, Iraq was ruled by an evil dictator who was every bit as evil as Hitler, he had used WMD's (chemical) on the Kurds, he invaded Kuwait, he was making other WMD's, and having learned our lesson from WWII that we should nip such things in the bud, we went in to remove him from power and install a peaceful regime before something even worse happened.
Perhaps you don't know that Saddam Hussein was a friend of this country until this country decided that he wasn't.
Do you have any idea where Saddam Hussein got his weapons from? (Hint: the USA).
Now, explain how that was unjust.

Do you realize that if we had done the same thing in 1938 Germany we could have avoided all the destruction of that war and the holocaust too?
Your history has some holes, particularly regarding the middle east.

P.S. Do you not remember how many times GWB changed his story about why Iraq needed to be invaded?

Perhaps you don't know that Saddam Hussein was a friend of this country until this country decided that he wasn't.

Actually Iraq was a Soviet satellite, which is why he had all those Soviet SCUDs.
In the first Gulf war we actually had to make sure the Russians were chill with the invasion.

You are mistaken sir.

Now, we did support him a little in his war against Iran, but that was only because of our dislike of Iran. He was never a real friend.

Right Divider

Body part
Actually Iraq was a Soviet satellite, which is why he had all those Soviet SCUDs.
In the first Gulf war we actually had to make sure the Russians were chill with the invasion.
How nice to get Russian approval for invasions.
You are mistaken sir.

Now, we did support him a little in his war against Iran, but that was only because of our dislike of Iran. He was never a real friend.
So convenient.