Worshipping the State (Govt) is an Actual Religion and Anti-Christ in its Idolatry

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes Naz, worshipping a godless state is anti God. Communist countries do that, in fact, Obama followers do that.

Acknowledging that God ordained civil government as one of three institutions for the governance of man (the Church and family being the other two) is another subject.

While I didn't watch the 12+ minute video, I'm assuming that it's putting down patriotism.

Nazaroo

Yes Naz, worshipping a godless state is anti God. Communist countries do that, in fact, Obama followers do that.

Acknowledging that God ordained civil government as one of three institutions for the governance of man (the Church and family being the other two) is another subject.

While I didn't watch the 12+ minute video, I'm assuming that it's putting down patriotism.

I think you are right to distinguish arguments of authority based on
the mere premise of human depravity and need for governance,
versus the derivation of authority from God,
based on conformity to what God has taught humankind.

But as you have just pointed out, even a democracy has no authority
when it rejects the authority of God and His own laws.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you are right to distinguish arguments of authority based on
the mere premise of human depravity and need for governance,
versus the derivation of authority from God,
based on conformity to what God has taught humankind.

But as you have just pointed out, even a democracy has no authority
when it rejects the authority of God and His own laws.

The US is (or at least was) a Constitutional Republic. The Founding Fathers warned against a democracy.

I was just watching videos from the past where school children were singing praise to Obama. Pretty sick.

Regarding patriotism: I still get teary eyed when I say the Pledge of Allegiance and hear the Star Spangled Banner (a military base near a friends house plays it on the loud speaker daily). I think of the foundation of our country (biblical values) and all of the good people that have died so that I can have freedom to speak my mind and worship God freely. Unfortunately we are losing those rights.

Nazaroo

aCultureWarrior;4594201[COLOR=DarkRed said:
]The US is (or at least was) a Constitutional Republic. The Founding Fathers warned against a democracy.[/COLOR]

I actually don't know enough about politics and philosophy to know the difference
between a republic and a democracy.

I do believe that governments claim more authority than individuals.
For that to be valid, they must derive that 'right' and authority supernaturally,
since men don't intrinsically possess those extra rights to lord it over others.

But that requires as Jesus says, being grafted into God's Vine,
and REMAINING in the Vine, meaning keeping and following the teachings.

A pure democracy would be as dangerous an anarchy as no government.

I was just watching videos from the past where school children were singing praise to Obama. Pretty sick.

That does sound like a fetish.

Regarding patriotism: I still get teary eyed when I say the Pledge of Allegiance and hear the Star Spangled Banner (a military base near a friends house plays it on the loud speaker daily). I think of the foundation of our country (biblical values) and all of the good people that have died so that I can have freedom to speak my mind and worship God freely. Unfortunately we are losing those rights.

When you build on the Rock of Christ, your foundation is solid.

When you try to write your own laws, you cause more harm than good.

Abortion is an example.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior;4594201[COLOR=DarkRed
The US is (or at least was) a Constitutional Republic. The Founding Fathers warned against a democracy.[/COLOR]

I actually don't know enough about politics and philosophy to know the difference
between a republic and a democracy.

Do an internet search on "republics vs democracies". Specifically search for why the Founding Fathers chose a constitutional republic over that of a democracy. It's very informative (I'd post links but I'm running short on time).

I do believe that governments claim more authority than individuals.
For that to be valid, they must derive that 'right' and authority supernaturally,
since men don't intrinsically possess those extra rights to lord it over others.

Hence the beauty of our founding documents: rights come from God and government is to acknowledge God as the Creator.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarror

That does sound like a fetish.

Pure/unadulterated indoctrination of youth.

Quote:

When you build on the Rock of Christ, your foundation is solid.

When you try to write your own laws, you cause more harm than good.

Abortion is an example.

I like this quote from Robert Winthrop:

On Religious Support to the State
Robert Winthrop
to the Annual Meeting of the
Massachusetts Bible Society
Boston, Mass; May 28, 1849

All societies of men must be governed in some way or other. The less they may have of stringent State Government, the more they must have of individual self-government. The less they rely on public law or physical force, the more they must rely on private moral restraint. Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the Word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet. It may do for other countries and other governments to talk about the State supporting religion. Here, under our own free institutions, it is Religion which must support the State.

Nazaroo

we seem to have a match made in heaven :)

profile_picture_by_i_love_bugs_and_lola-d4pkump.jpg

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
So what does this idiot want ? Anarchy ?There has to be some kind of government ,or else there would be utter chaos . What would there be to prevent people from murdering each other, stealing etc ?
Yes, government CAN be tyrannical at times, and some governments are tyrannies .
Just because government exists doesn't mean anyone "worships" it .
America is at risk of becoming a Christian theocracy, and there are too many GOP members of congress who want to give Christianity too much power in America . I'm not exaggerating. Just look at the Dominionist Ted Cruz, who never openly comes out and says he wants a Christian theocracy in America, but who does want this. He is one scary guy ! Too many Americans worship Christianity . This doesn't mean that people don't have the right to be Christians, but this worship is extremely dangerous .

Nazaroo

So what does this idiot want ? Anarchy ?
There has to be some kind of government ,or else there would be utter chaos .

Any kind of government without you.

America is at risk of becoming a Christian theocracy, and there are too many GOP members of congress who want to give Christianity too much power in America . I'm not exaggerating. Just look at the Dominionist Ted Cruz, who never openly comes out and says he wants a Christian theocracy in America, but who does want this. He is one scary guy ! Too many Americans worship Christianity . This doesn't mean that people don't have the right to be Christians, but this worship is extremely dangerous .

Oh nooooeees!

bakesale.jpg

Imagine a nation full of Christian converts.

38643118.jpg

mormon1.jpg

They might even hand out Chick pamphlets or, worse, boycott funerals.

0001_22.gif

635807703673960977-WestboroMcD7.jpg

compare that to San Bernardino.

signs002%5B1%5D.jpg