Your Prescription Bill: $7,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

billwald

Havn't listened, don't listen. Trust God, not prescriptions. <G>

Christians are people who talk lots about Heaven but fight like hell to keep from going there.

My Old Man continually talked about being ready to meet Jesus but became less willing when the doc told him to get ready and was very unwilling when the day came.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Such reasoning has always made me wonder why Christians spend so much time and money building hospitals to treat the sick. Wouldn't it be more in line with their faith (the one that asserts "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord") to just leave the sick be, with maybe a little medication to ease the pain? If their deity heals 'em, so be it. If not, they've passed the pearly gates and are better off anyway.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Zakath
Such reasoning has always made me wonder why Christians spend so much time and money building hospitals to treat the sick. Wouldn't it be more in line with their faith (the one that asserts "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord") to just leave the sick be, with maybe a little medication to ease the pain? If their deity heals 'em, so be it. If not, they've passed the pearly gates and are better off anyway.
There's too many liberals around. We need to out-live you.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson
There's too many liberals around. We need to out-live you.
Now that's a profound argument. :chuckle:

You know what they say, "living well is the best revenge."

Besides, what makes you think I'm a liberal?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Well, we need to outlive atheists also.
Well, if you guys would grow a collective backbone and start rounding them up and executing them for blasphemy/idolatry/apostacy, then outliving us would be easy...

:chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I've always wondered at the doublespeak I hear from Jefferson. If he had any cojones, or even just the strength of his convictions, he'd pull a Hezbollah at his local abortion clinic.

:doh: I forgot, then he wouldn't be around to bask in the adulation of his peers.

:doh: I forgot again, his deity would sentence him to eternal torment in a fiery hell for killing himself.

What a tangled web we weave when we actually believe... ;)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I've always wondered at the doublespeak I hear from Jefferson. If he had any cojones, or even just the strength of his convictions, he'd pull a Hezbollah at his local abortion clinic.
That would be murder.

I forgot again, his deity would sentence him to eternal torment in a fiery hell for killing himself.
No he wouldn't. I would only lose some rewards in heaven but I wouldn't lose heaven itself.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
That would be murder.
So you would have been one of those Germans who stood by and watched Mengele, while doing nothing because it "would be murder"? That's a very convenient conscience you have there Jefferson, at least for you. Saves your backside while the millions are slaughtered. :rolleyes:

No he wouldn't. I would only lose some rewards in heaven but I wouldn't lose heaven itself.
Oh you're one of those insipid OSAS'ers, who could die while fornicating with the preacher's wife and still go to heaven? That's a very convenient morality you have there Jefferson. :doh:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
That would be murder.
Why murder and not justifiable homicide?
Lose some rewards??:confused:

Like what? Is your mansion going to have fewer rooms? Will you have to live on a street paved with 14 carat gold, rather than 24 carat? Do martyrs get to live in better neighborhoods than suicides?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

There are black activists who are calling for the firing of the police chief in Cincinnatti because a 400 pound repeat offender criminal died after he violently attacked police officers. And after the struggle he died. And so these activists are complaining that the police are doing nothing to prevent the deaths of blacks who attack police officers. And I would think what they should do is begin a "Don't Attack Cops" campaign. See if that doesn't help.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
The fat jerk was likely going to eat himself to death or drug himself to death anyway. He probably just rushed the cadence a little bit with the help of the men in blue.

I agree that the "black activists" ought to deal with real problems, not this kind of thing. Perhaps people would take them seriously then.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So you would have been one of those Germans who stood by and watched Mengele, while doing nothing because it "would be murder"?
No, I would have defected to the other side and killed Mengele. Killiing the enemy in war is not murder.

Oh you're one of those insipid OSAS'ers, who could die while fornicating with the preacher's wife and still go to heaven? That's a very convenient morality you have there Jefferson. :doh:
In heaven there will be no annoying human egos boasting and bragging about the reason they are in heaven is because of how moral they were. When asked why they are there everyone will have the same answer. They will all point to Jesus Christ and answer, "Because of His sacrifice for me." No boasting. No bragging. No annoying human egos. That sounds like absolute heaven to me.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The fat jerk was likely going to eat himself to death or drug himself to death anyway. He probably just rushed the cadence a little bit with the help of the men in blue.

I agree that the "black activists" ought to deal with real problems, not this kind of thing. Perhaps people would take them seriously then.
I agree. This is why I prefer to interact with you instead of Gerald. Gerald is just a juvenile delinquent in an adult's body.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
No, I would have defected to the other side and killed Mengele. Killiing the enemy in war is not murder.
But you're already on "the other side" so there's no need to defect, is there? And isn't abortion "war on the unborn."?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I agree. This is why I prefer to interact with you instead of Gerald. Gerald is just a juvenile delinquent in an adult's body.
Only on this board, pal o'mine.

If you wouldn't act like such a self-righteous prig, with your "my-heart-is-pure-my-cause-is-just-God-is-on-my-side" attitude, I might be halfway civil toward you.

As it is, you're only a slightly higher form of plant life than Sozo...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald
Only on this board, pal o'mine.
You're lying. Tell me on what other boards you post so I can read some of your supposed erudite pontifications.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
You're lying. Tell me on what other boards you post so I can read some of your supposed erudite pontifications.
http://www.iidb.org

You yourself hung around there as "Goriller", posting some tripe about a massive cover-up involving 12-foot-tall skeletons.

And you got soundly spanked for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.