10 things I'm right about, whether you agree or not.

Mystery

1. A Christian cannot lose salvation.

2. The sacrifice of Jesus was not "limited", but for all men, for all time.

3. God wants all men to be saved, not just a predetermined "elect".

4. Paul did not struggle with sin post conversion.

5. The creation was a literal 6 days (24 hours).

6. There is no such thing as "mental" illness.

7. Time is a measurement between two events.

8. Jesus is God manifested in the flesh.

9. No man is justified by works

10. Salvation is an exchanged life, not a changed life.

:cheers:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:cheers:

I can't rep you right now, but when I can, Positive rep for the thread title alone! :up:

Mystery

Mystery, can you expound on this a bit? I haven't seen this come up around here before (haven't been here all that long, though).
Sure!

The mind is not the brain. The mind is not physical (people who reject the existence of the soul or spirit believe that the mind is physical). In order for something to be "ill" or "diseased" there would have to be a measurable diagnosis. The mind does not qualify. Brain diseases are measurable, but those things classified as mental illness are not. You cannot show OCD or schizophrenia in biological tests or autopsies. Fears are the result of an unsound mind, that needs to be renewed with the truth, not the result of a disease.

I can offer more info later, but that is a good place to start.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sure!

The mind is not the brain. The mind is not physical (people who reject the existence of the soul or spirit believe that the mind is physical). In order for something to be "ill" or "diseased" there would have to be a measurable diagnosis. The mind does not qualify. Brain diseases are measurable, but those things classified as mental illness are not. You cannot show OCD or schizophrenia in biological tests or autopsies. Fears are the result of an unsound mind, that needs to be renewed with the truth, not the result of a disease.

I can offer more info later, but that is a good place to start.

You could link your thread on the topic.

Since you are dogmatically right on so many things, can I have a stock market tip?

Mystery

You could link your thread on the topic.

Since you are dogmatically right on so many things, can I have a stock market tip?

Not related, because I'm only dogmatic about what God has said, but you bet!

GRMN, ATK, or SUPG.

GRMN is going to explode!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Not related, because I'm only dogmatic about what God has said, but you bet!

GRMN, ATK, or SUPG.

GRMN is going to explode!

Too bad I have no money, though I am trying to get into a Limited Partnership in a gold company.

Balder

Mystery said:

Oh, yeah?

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator

I disagree with you here. It's true that the mind is not physical, but the brain, with all of it's neurons and neurotransmitters certainly is. Things can and do go wrong with it. I'm not saying that I believe every diagnosis out there, but we have to be careful not to ignore real problems people have. Take the following PET scans:

Do you disregard these kinds of brain dysfunction?

Mystery

I disagree with you here. It's true that the mind is not physical, but the brain, with all of it's neurons and neurotransmitters certainly is. Things can and do go wrong with it. I'm not saying that I believe every diagnosis out there, but we have to be careful not to ignore real problems people have. Take the following PET scans:

Do you disregard these kinds of brain dysfunction?
Hi Becky!

I affirm that there are brain diseases, but like I said, the mind is not the brain. There are no diseases of the mind. Things do go wrong with the brain, but depression is not a brain disease. It is not a disease at all. Anxiety can make you sick, and it can show up on scans (as you pointed out) with variances in brain activity. In fact, all kinds of emotions can change brain activity, but they are not diseases. That is what the medical profession has been told, and that is what they tell their patients, but the evidence does not support it. There is no biological test to determine that someone has depression.

I don't really want to make several long posts that no one will read, but allow me to give some basics from a biblical perspective. I will start another thread for open discussion Here

Also, I can provide you with several books and articles from some of the leading medical professionals in this country that have debunked the pseudo science of psychiatry. If there is a legitimate problem with the brain, then treat the brain, but that is not what is being done regarding these so-called "mental illnesses". In fact, you only have to go to the websites of anyone who supports the ideas that these "illnesses" exist. They will tell you that counseling is very effective in treating them. Ask your doctor how effective "counseling" is on a real disease. Ask them how effective counseling is on curing diabetes or cancer.

I have spent many years studying this, and I can assure you that the idea of mental illness is one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on man.