ECT 2 Thess 2:1-2 proves the rapture theory wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(2 Thess 2:1-2) Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

According to Dispensationalism, the "Day of the Lord" in 1 & 2 Thessalonians refers to either the rapture or Second Coming of Christ Jesus.

So, if the Apostle Paul taught the Thessalonians that the Day of the Lord was either an instant removal of all believers, or an event that every eye would see, then why would the Thessalonians think they missed it?

Why would the Thessalonians expect Paul to still be around if the Day of the Lord was the rapture?

In verse 5 Paul tells the Thessalonians that he used to discuss these things with them.

(2 Thess 2:5) Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?

This proves the Thessalonians weren't taught a rapture or an end of the world event where every eye would see Christ Jesus.

It proves that the Day of the Lord was the coming judgment on unbelieving Israel.

SaulToPaul 2

2 Thessalonians 2King James Version (KJV)

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2 Thessalonians 2King James Version (KJV)

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The verses you quoted prove my point.

In verse 5, Paul makes it clear that he had previously told the Thessalonians about the coming of the Lord (Day of the Lord).

So again, I ask, how could the Thessalonians think they missed the coming of the Lord if Paul had taught them about a rapture, or an end of the world event where every eye sees Jesus?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

Think about it.

I have already thought about it.

How could the Thessalonians think they missed the coming of the Lord if Paul had taught them the coming of the Lord was either a secret rapture, or an end of the word event where every eye sees Jesus?

If Paul had taught them that the coming of the Lord was judgement against Israel, then it makes sense that they could have thought they missed it (the Day of the Lord).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They thought the day of Christ was at hand, having missed the gathering unto him.
not a problem passage

They thought they missed the Day of the Lord.

Read verse 3

(2 Thess 2:3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Paul makes it clear that two things have to happen before the Day of the Lord comes:

1) a falling away (the rebellion)
2) the man of sin revealed

Verse 6 points to a first century fulfillment. Paul tells them that "now ye know" what withholdith.

Then in verse 7

(2 Thess 2:7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Paul is referring to Nero.

Interplanner

At least it is proof that the coming was thought to be very close, which is why Paul has no delay doctrine as do Mark, Matt, Peter.

I think they thought the missed it for that reason--that Paul thought it was so very immediate. This is also a relatively early letter. Notice how the question never comes up again--in any other letter.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They thought they were still here,

What does that even mean?

I'm pretty sure they knew they were still there.

and approaching the day of Christ.

No, they thought they missed it.

Once again, your King James Onlyism confuses you.

(2 Thess 2:2 NIV) not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At least it is proof that the coming was thought to be very close, which is why Paul has no delay doctrine as do Mark, Matt, Peter.

I think they thought the missed it for that reason--that Paul thought it was so very immediate. This is also a relatively early letter. Notice how the question never comes up again--in any other letter.

Correct.

I don't know much clearer Paul needs to be for these Dispies.

(2 Thess 2:7) For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle: Tet is on a fool's errand

The scripture speaks for itself.

(2 Thess 2:7) For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work;.....

I believe what the Apostle Paul said. I believe when the Apostle Paul wrote to the Thessalonians in the first century the secret power of lawlessness was already at work.

For your Dispensationalism to work, what Paul said can't be true.

IOW, I believe Paul, you believe Darby.

Danoh

(2 Thess 2:1-2) Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

According to Dispensationalism, the "Day of the Lord" in 1 & 2 Thessalonians refers to either the rapture or Second Coming of Christ Jesus.

So, if the Apostle Paul taught the Thessalonians that the Day of the Lord was either an instant removal of all believers, or an event that every eye would see, then why would the Thessalonians think they missed it?

Why would the Thessalonians expect Paul to still be around if the Day of the Lord was the rapture?

In verse 5 Paul tells the Thessalonians that he used to discuss these things with them.

(2 Thess 2:5) Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?

This proves the Thessalonians weren't taught a rapture or an end of the world event where every eye would see Christ Jesus.

It proves that the Day of the Lord was the coming judgment on unbelieving Israel.

No need to continue to attempt to prove you wrong on any point, Tel-a-lie.

In your utter humiliation the link below so clearly makes obvious, despite your opponent's having been off in a very miniscule sense here and there (two of several being his assertion about those stones; another being his assertion he alone could prove you so wrong in so many areas) he did his job that well those five years ago; proving your very perspective itself is the problem. All you spew from it; par for the course.

Yet here you are, all these years later, still attempting to bait one and all into your proving them...wrong :chuckle:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tai-Questions-the-Mid-Acts-View-Cannot-Answer

Last edited:

Danoh

You haven't proved me wrong on anything.

All you have done is prove yourself wrong over and over again.

Your MAD is a mess.

In your utter humiliation the link below so clearly makes obvious, despite your opponent's having been off in a very miniscule sense here and there (two of several being his assertion about those stones; another being his assertion he alone could prove you so wrong in so many areas) he did his job that well those five years ago; proving your very perspective itself is the problem. All you spew from it; par for the course.

Yet here you are, all these years later, still attempting to bait one and all into your proving them...wrong :chuckle:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tai-Questions-the-Mid-Acts-View-Cannot-Answer

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...-Cannot-Answer

Danoh, it's against TOL rules to keep copying and pasting the same post over and over again, especially in multiple threads.

You can be as angry as you want at me for me exposing your false claim, but you should obey the TOL rules.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Throughout scripture, the term "The Day of the Lord" refers to judgment just about every time.

Yet, Dispensationalism teaches that "The Day of the Lord" in Thessalonians refers to the rapture.