42 Policy Proposals Donald Trump Outlined at America First Summit in D.C.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... be an American President to all of the people.
I don't disagree with what you said but wanted to focus on this little bit.

I don't think it's possible to be an American president to all the people. Given the current state of information dissemination and manipulation, I don't think it's ever going to be possible again to unite the American people, unless we face an existential threat. A REAL existential threat not a made-up one like Kung Flu or "climate change".

I see us going down in the history books as a parallel to Rome. Wildly successful rich and opulent, rotting from the inside.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I don't think it's possible to be an American president to all the people. Given the current state of information dissemination and manipulation, I don't think it's ever going to be possible again to unite the American people, unless we face an existential threat. A REAL existential threat not a made-up one like Kung Flu or "climate change".

I see us going down in the history books as a parallel to Rome. Wildly successful rich and opulent, rotting from the inside.

The sad difference is that in America, the truth is available to all, but half of them choose the lies because the lies reinforce the stupidity they embrace, or in the case of democrats, the lies reinforce the life of evil they have chosen.

Romans had no such access to facts and information.

In fact, the decadence we think of when we think of Rome only existed among the chosen few who could afford it. Most people in Rome were either slaves or poor Roman citizens living in conditions so poor that we cannot even imagine.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Yeah...I hear you. One thing is for sure, if it ever was possible it's not now. I sometimes wonder even if our collective hides were at stake we could pull together.

Does Joe play Violin? :unsure: