7th Annual TOL-A-THON STARTS NOW!

bybee

Brother, that is really over the top, no? Just sayin'.

AMR

I believe we must use care in labeling each other based on differences in our closely held beliefs.
I value Nang because she is so knowledgeable about the Bible. She has shared some insights than have been valuable to me.
I will never agree with some of her beliefs BUT! I do not doubt for a minute that she loves God and seeks to do His will.

As you know, I do not hesitate to pin pejorative labels on the donkeys, jerks, dweebs and nincompoops who persist in their specious inanities here. :eek:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I believe we must use care in labeling each other based on differences in our closely held beliefs.
I value Nang because she is so knowledgeable about the Bible. She has shared some insights than have been valuable to me.
I will never agree with some of her beliefs BUT! I do not doubt for a minute that she loves God and seeks to do His will.

As you know, I do not hesitate to pin pejorative labels on the donkeys, jerks, dweebs and nincompoops who persist in their specious inanities here. :eek:

TOL seems overun this last year Bybee, so you must be busy...and they all seem to post 10 threads at a go. Soon it will be known as FOL....Fruitcakes Online.

Nang is solid.

...they get strong through flattery, something Nang doesn't do.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Actually my comments were not directed at him at all. Just used my thanks for his generosity to add something directed to non-paying (blue) members. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

AMR

It's all good...I saw the quote and thought you were addressing Bright Raven. :thumb:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
TOL has been shedding good posters like a fig tree sheds it's leaves, and a load of good posters no longer post regularly...at the same time as picking up a few whackadaisies, and heaps of "alternative" theologians.

If TOL was a church and I was Pastor, I would be concerned.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TOL has been shedding good posters like a fig tree sheds it's leaves, and a load of good posters no longer post regularly...at the same time as picking up a few whackadaisies, and heaps of "alternative" theologians.

If TOL was a church and I was Pastor, I would be concerned.
TOL has been around for 17 years. And if I have learned one thing it's that everything is cyclical. Sometimes it's busy, while other times there is less traffic. Sometimes the topics and great and the conversations are engaging, other times not so much.

Moreover..... the members and topics that Totton Linnet finds "whackadaisy" aren't necessarily what other people find "whackadaisy".

Maybe... just maybe.... Totton is ""whackadaisy". :D

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
TOL has been around for 17 years. And if I have learned one thing it's that everything is cyclical. Sometimes it's busy, while other times there is less traffic. Sometimes the topics and great and the conversations are engaging, other times not so much.

Moreover..... the members and topics that Totton Linnet finds "whackadaisy" aren't necessarily what other people find "whackadaisy".

Even so I have to agree with her, here; we've been getting some real weirdos lately.

However, as you said, it is cyclical and they will eventually go away. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

There is more than a possibility...however TOL has lost some fine theological thinkers [I didn't say I agree 100 per cent with them,] or many do not post so often, nobody can afford it these days.

Good doctrine is treasure....