A Consistently Pro-Life Message

Alate_One

I have seen many posters on this board complain that so many people claiming to be "pro-life" believing in protecting the unborn but take exception to groups they do not like: immigrants, the elderly, people of other races, the poor etc.

I heard a consistently pro-life message this Sunday from Psalm 139.

Quoting Martin Luther King the pastor said, "There are no gradations in the image of God."

The pastor also said: God's image in all people compels God's people to love all people.

Listen Here

Skip to about 30 minutes in to get the take home point. Some great singing in the last 2 minutes. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I have seen many posters on this board complain that so many people claiming to be "pro-life" believing in protecting the unborn but take exception to groups they do not like: immigrants, the elderly, people of other races, the poor etc.

Where are they taking an exception that is saying to murder them?

Alate_One

She thinks murdering an unborn child and believing homosexuality to be a sin are the same thing.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Where are they taking an exception that is saying to murder them?

My point is many people claiming to be "pro-life" don't want to care for the poor, don't believe racism is still a problem in the USA, don't believe in healthcare for all, believe in the death penalty for a variety of things etc.

Pro-life in many circles is pro-unborn ONLY vs. pro-life being pro-human life of all kinds.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

My point is many people claiming to be "pro-life" don't want to care for the poor, don't believe racism is still a problem in the USA, don't believe in healthcare for all, believe in the death penalty for a variety of things etc.

Your point has no meaning, since no one is calling for illegals, the poor, the elderly etc.. to be murdered.

So are you saying its better to a kill a child, so no one has to take care of them?

I cant figure out what point you are making since your initial comparison is no comparison at all.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can't care for the poor (or anyone else) if they're not allowed to be born, there is no such thing as race after the incinerators have been turned off for the day,
you can't really have "healthcare" for a dismembered baby, and a Biblical based death penalty doesn't target the innocent.

Pro-life in many circles is pro-unborn ONLY vs. pro-life being pro-human life of all kinds.

Can you give us one example of someone who is "pro-unborn ONLY?"

Alate_One

Your point has no meaning, since no one is calling for illegals, the poor, the elderly etc.. to be murdered.

So are you saying its better to a kill a child, so no one has to take care of them?
No. I'm saying People who insist on no abortions don't want to care for the children.

Do you see a difference between murder and letting someone die or suffer greatly when you could easily do something about it?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No. I'm saying People who insist on no abortions don't want to care for the children.

Do you see a difference between murder and letting someone die or suffer greatly when you could easily do something about it?

Do you see the difference in keeping ones pants on if they are worried about having a baby?

What are you doing to stop the murder of the unborn?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm saying People who insist on no abortions don't want to care for the children.

Christians donate more to charities than any other group, i have personally fed and clothed needy children and volunteered at a head start so mothers could work and their kids taken care of, what you are doing?

Alate_One

You can't care for the poor (or anyone else) if they're not allowed to be born, there is no such thing as race after the incinerators have been turned off for the day,
you can't really have "healthcare" for a dismembered baby, and a Biblical based death penalty doesn't target the innocent.
But in reality innocent people are killed and far more people who are poor or members of minority populations are killed.

The death penalty in principle might be just, in practice it is far from it.

Can you give us one example of someone who is "pro-unborn ONLY?"
Most Republicans?
Outlaw abortions, but also cut healthcare, schooling and food for poor people.

It is a contradiction.

Of course you could actually watch/listen to the sermon in question.

Alate_One

Christians donate more to charities than any other group, i have personally fed and clothed needy children and volunteered at a head start so mothers could work and their kids taken care of, what you are doing?

Educating poor and minority students to the best of my ability. Helping a poor family we know and taking them to church. But this isn't what it's about. If every person did what they should, we wouldn't have a problem. The problem is, they don't and some of us can't.

The sheer number of people living in poverty today is amazing. There's a limit to what those people can do for each other. The Bible mandated rich people give of their surplus to the poor. You can look at government doing the same thing today.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Educating poor and minority students to the best of my ability. Helping a poor family we know and taking them to church. But this isn't what it's about. If every person did what they should, we wouldn't have a problem. The problem is, they don't and some of us can't.

The sheer number of people living in poverty today is amazing. There's a limit to what those people can do for each other. The Bible mandated rich people give of their surplus to the poor. You can look at government doing the same thing today.

Pretending that everyone does not do what YOU think they should, doesnt mean they dont.

Just because people think the government shouldnt be their momma and daddy, doesnt mean they dont want to help anyone.

Alate_One

Pretending that everyone does not do what YOU think they should, doesnt mean they dont.
It's not what I think, it's what scripture teaches.

It's the gospel that has motivated a lot of help for people in need. But right wing Christians too often fear "liberalism" so much that they ignore the parts of scripture that don't agree with free market ideals.

Just because people think the government shouldnt be their momma and daddy, doesnt mean they dont want to help anyone.
I'm not saying everyone doesn't. But I hear a lot of "freeloaders", and "let em die" talk from supposed Christians. Too many Christians have swallowed Ayn Rand philosophy, which is satanism in the guise of "free markets".

However, we live in a democratic society and that means the people choose what we want government to do. Don't like it? Organize and get the people behind you. If you can't convince them then you need to accept what the rest of the country has chosen or leave.

My point here is it doesn't make sense to atheists and nonbelievers to say you respect human life in one breath and then deny food, health or schooling to those that need it.

I posted the message to show everyone that's not the only position out there in the Christian church.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's not what I think, it's what scripture teaches.
Where does scripture tell you to have the government support you?

I'm not saying everyone doesn't. But I hear a lot of "freeloaders", and "let em die" talk from supposed Christians. T

Please post even one post where someone here has posted to let them die.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You advocate regulations that say a mother can murder her unborn child, then you condemn people for not endorsing social welfare programs when those people probably donate the vast majority of money that goes to charities.

You're a hypocrite engaged in attempted emotional blackmail.

Alate_One

Where does scripture tell you to have the government support you?
Do you really think God cares if government does something? (especially government that operates from the will of the people)

It's a non-sequitur and always has been.

But even so, we have the example of the year of jubilee was designed as a governmental policy for Israel. Gleanings being left for the poor, etc. Those weren't intended to be voluntary practices.

Please post even one post where someone here has posted to let them die.
I'm not talking about ToL specifically, but I have had people I know, claiming to be Christians say things like that around me (in that place called RL). Though we have had people arguing for the death penalty for homosexuality and other things.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You advocate regulations that say a mother can murder her unborn child, then you condemn people for not endorsing social welfare programs when those people probably donate the vast majority of money that goes to charities.

You're a hypocrite engaged in attempted emotional blackmail.

That exactly.