A Consistently Pro-Life Message

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The right to consent over what medical treatments or procedures you have or don't have.

Stuart

if a woman chooses to have a healthy limb amputated, should she be allowed to?

if a woman chooses to exercise her parental rights and refuse lifesaving treatment for her injured child, should she be allowed to?

Alate_One

Then tell Stuu he is wrong. The mother's body is not the baby's body.
That's true it isn't. But the baby does have an *effect* on the mother's body, which is where the "my body" idea comes from. But that idea is self serving and ignorant of the baby involved.

You're anti-death penalty, except for innocent babies.
Nope. I'm pro-death penalty in principle, the problem is the practice in the USA.

That's the stupidest thing you've ever said. You cannot argue for the right to choose without condoning both choices.
As I said the interplay is complex and in the case of rape I think it is justified if the woman continues to feel violated by a pregnancy.

Ah, the argument from popularity. The wail of defeat of the evolutionist.
Not an argument from popularity. It's a statement of reality. In a democratic society, you're not going to get enough people to support it.

Alate_One

Another pro-life issue. In China it's popular to make sure you *kill* the person you accidentally hit with your car. Because if they survive you have to pay their medical bills for life, but if they die you only have to pay a burial fee.

No Value for life

alwight

if a woman chooses to exercise her parental rights and refuse lifesaving treatment for her injured child, should she be allowed to?
Apparently you can't trust people to make their own choices in life, you must step in where you think other people have crossed your line? :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One is not pro life/anti-abortion no matter how much they defend when they vote for abortion candidates. This is not an endorse for the GOP, chrysostom.

ok doser

Apparently you can't trust people to make their own choices in life, you must step in where you think other people have crossed your line? :plain:

actually, the two cases i presented were real cases that we discussed recently in a medical ethics class - in each case, the state intervened - the psychologically disturbed woman who wanted to amputate a healthy limb was prevented from doing so and the woman who wanted to refuse treatment for her child was also prevented from doing so.

alwight

actually, the two cases i presented were real cases that we discussed recently in a medical ethics class - in each case, the state intervened - the psychologically disturbed woman who wanted to amputate a healthy limb was prevented from doing so and the woman who wanted to refuse treatment for her child was also prevented from doing so.
My comment was more aimed at your intent rather than in specific cases. You seem to be implying that you would seek to control the lives of those whom you conclude are making faulty choices, right?

Stuu

I believe this has been done. It's pretty rare though. Do you think it makes a significant difference to the main point?

Well no, but what has that got to do with it?

Stuart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. I'm pro-death penalty in principle.
For babies, definitely.

As I said the interplay is complex and in the case of rape I think it is justified if the woman continues to feel violated by a pregnancy.
You condone the execution of a baby for the crimes of his father.

Not an argument from popularity. It's a statement of reality.
And here's a false dichotomy. It's both. Murder is popular, which is no argument against what I say.
In a democratic society, you're not going to get enough people to support it.
That didn't stop the homos 10 years ago.

Stuu

I'm sure you'll use your influence here to best effect Stripe.
Are you suggesting that Stripe's habits of running away from debates he is losing and stalking people for opportunities to have them banned doesn't flatter his reputation?

:)

Stuart

ok doser

I believe this has been done. It's pretty rare though. Do you think it makes a significant difference to the main point?

Well no, but what has that got to do with it?

Stuart

they are direct responses to a question asked

see if you can figure out how they answer that question